Martial artist out there that could kill most UFC fighters if they had interest...

Duh

chuck-norris.jpg
He said kill, not erase from the space time continuum

My answer would probably be somebody who specialized in really really dirty stuff that few MMA fighters are skilled in. And, probably going to have to go back a long time to find someone like that. Maybe one of these guys, or one of the old gladiators or kung fu guys (when kung fu was a system used in war etc), and even then I wouldn't favor them to win, but they would have a chance by surprising the physically superior and more well rounded modern MMA fighter

Gouging (fighting style) - Wikipedia

I’m not even suggesting they don’t know how to fight. Most of them are people you don’t want to fuck with. Many are there because they intimidate with their stature and are a deterrent to conflict. But they aren’t training to fight the same way a fighter is. And by that I mean with the dedication and frequency and with training and with partners helping to hone their skills. So while they are prepared to do their job under the widest range of circumstances and to ensure the maximum likelihood that no conflict ever arises and that logistics are covered, they are less trained for the singular situation of 1-1, no weapon, conflict.
I've worked with a lot of security that do VIP work, a lot train mma and some fight and compete. They cover all bases. So I would assume the ones that work with higher level clients would also be doing something similar plus weapons training. Yes it isn't focused on 1 vs 1 but I would assume they would train for those situations like all the other situations. Because the work done in big crowds like night clubs you will deal with a lot of people at once and you may have to be 1 vs 1 because there is a group attacking and everyone else is also dealing with someone 1 vs 1 because of the number of attackers. If those situations happen with these type of clients at nightclubs, I'm sure they prepare for that type of situation for higher level clients.

Just different things to focus on and different types of training. Crowd control and moving through heavy crowds with people attacking is something that isn't trained in martial arts or sport fighting training. Usually stuff like that is learned on the job.

Last edited:
BJJ works but in a street fight you don't really want to be on the floor because of concrete. Just like wrestling you wouldn't shoot in for takedowns with your knees hitting the concrete. You would do everything from standing position instead. Gi work helps for grips on clothing and grip strength. You can grab sleeves, collars, hoods, pants, etc instead of the gi and a lot of it could transfer over technique wise with some adjustments.
Grappling should be used if you get taken down, it's pretty dumb to initiate an exchange when you can just strike quickly. Best way is to hit the guy as fast as possible and then run away.

Grappling should be used if you get taken down, it's pretty dumb to initiate an exchange when you can just strike quickly. Best way is to hit the guy as fast as possible and then run away.
True, grappling in street fights is best used if you get taken down, but you also do not want to stay there. It should be used to prevent damage while on the ground and get yourself back up on your feet. Only time grappling is effective is if it's strictly 1 vs 1, if there are other people around, once you get on the ground they will jump on you. Grappling isn't suited for that type of encounter. Takedowns/sweeps/trips are effective in street fights, just don't follow them to the ground.

True, grappling in street fights is best used if you get taken down, but you also do not want to stay there. It should be used to prevent damage while on the ground and get yourself back up on your feet. Only time grappling is effective is if it's strictly 1 vs 1, if there are other people around, once you get on the ground they will jump on you. Grappling isn't suited for that type of encounter. Takedowns/sweeps/trips are effective in street fights, just don't follow them to the ground.
Yup, it should be used to defend rather than to fish for a submission. Rogan thinks it's smart to initiate a clinch but that just feels unnecessary if you can end it with punches and groin shots.

Yup, it should be used to defend rather than to fish for a submission. Rogan thinks it's smart to initiate a clinch but that just feels unnecessary if you can end it with punches and groin shots.
It depends on the situation, and clinching happens in streetfights. But you have to understand if there is more than one person you leave yourself open. If you clinch you want to get the takedown quick or use clinch fighting/dirty boxing then break free. Nut shots can work, but very hard to really hit in a real street fight and with adrenaline it's not going to stop anyone with one shot like a KO punch would. It's not best to assume someone will stop with just a groin shot. Of course if you are clinching and need to break free and the groin is open for knees or uppercuts. That would definitely help to break the clinch. So everything is dependent on the situation and positions. Lots of variables.

Groin shots in mma are usually accidental and they are not aiming there. Usually leg kicks/knees aimed at the thighs/stomach hit the groin by accident. If you miss the target it'll just be a regular strike and won't do the damage you intend it to do.

Back