Martial artist out there that could kill most UFC fighters if they had interest...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ogata, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ogata Silver Belt

I heard a story told by Pat Militch about some guys who are extremely badass at martial arts but have no interest in becoming MMA fighters. I always thought that was a dodgy claim but I just realized Pat was telling the truth.

Enter Master Shin:

He has a master mind for martial arts:

Fucking badass!

EDIT:

Steve Rusk was a guy Pat Militch talked about, he would come from hunting with his hunting gear, get in the mat and kick everybody's ass like it was a cake walk:

MMA Street Fighting Legends Who Could Have Been UFC Champions | BoxingInsider.com

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  2. The-AxeMurderer Silver Belt

Pat Militch is full of shit and a full on dumbass, if that wasnt obvious given recent events.

Also I'm sure there are guys that are awesome at a single martial art.

But MMA is everything put together, so I doubt some guy out there could kill any UFC fighter if he excels at a single art.

3. Hidden_Hand Purple Belt

LOL spoiler alert...

NONE

<LikeReally5>

GhostNote, doozer, bjpenngoat and 3 others like this.
  4. Slatersan Black Belt

Michael Jai White himself and a handful of nerds on this forum think he easily destroys any mma fighter.

5. Gamer007 Brown Belt

Most top boxers under 30 would run through their respective division up until the top 10 or so if they actually properly prepared for the grappling over a few years.

6. Azrael40 Orange Belt

Lol this is not real fighting, it's demonstration. Any idiot with practice can defend against a strike they know is about to happen.

Let's see this guy actually spar, when he has no idea what his opponent is capable of throwing at any given second. It's not going to look like this shit.

7. hillelslovak87 Titanium Belt

898-0 in street fights, 1-0 in fights against windshield
    [​IMG]

8. Reign009 Not sure if serious.

If Tim Means, Christian Bale, and Nate Diaz became one person.

GhostNote, bunt, BigTruck and 11 others like this.
  9. MMA4Life Silver Belt

I think there has to be at least one person man or women that could randomly jump in and compete against a fighter ranked 15-30.

Especially maybe at HW. I mean Ngannou is a testament that some people just have it. Not hating on Ngannou at all but he still just often wings punches even after now years of training. And it works his ability to connect and his power when he does is amazing. I’m sure he has a snappy jab he has honed in the gym. But I’m really thinking of the Cain fight and nothing about that was textbook or would be a great strategy for most MMA fighters.

Small joint manipulation is illegal in the UFC. I wonder if it was legal would some hapkido guy just be breaking people’s fingers every fight. Hapkido is the one martial art that people really impresses me. But at the same time they always have to be like alright throw a telegraphed punch at me here...

I have seen it being super effective many years ago when I was part-time security/bouncer. This average sized Hapkido guy made throwing out drunk people look like an art form.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ch1584 and GreenGorilla like this.
  10. moreorless87 Straba

A top fighter from a very popular fight sport with multiple years prep would be top 10 in MMA? not exactly a controversial opinion.

A Judoka was the #1 P4P fighter in the world 3 years after starting MMA.

11. hillelslovak87 Titanium Belt

[​IMG]

GhostNote, ch1584 and Coexist like this.
  12. GreenGorilla Weirdo

+1 some just have that natural fighting ability.
    Also what is the scenario here? I think there is probably some crazy person out there who gets high every day on coke or meth who has that insane junkie strength and could actually kill a trained fighter given the right circumstances in a tested environment with rules and everything I do not think so.
    Also anyone who doesn't use weapons of any form in a street fight has a death wish.

13. fastone Purple Belt

the fuck just happened to Sherdog? we need some mods to send shit like this to the wasteland.

14. Ogata Silver Belt

What happened with him recently?

15. thewhiterooster dana hates sunscreen

sensei seagal 2.0 could kick anyone in the ufc's ass in less than 1 second

16. Prince Nephilim Black Belt

Same idiots thought Conor was going to beat Floyd in boxing.

mmamxfan, RyanR and smalliebiggs like this.
  17. FIghtxIQ Green Belt

There's a lot of people out there that know how to "fight" but not everyone that knows how to "fight" competes in sports. There is also a difference in sport fighting and "fighting". Sport fighters are better trained for sport fighting because that's what they train and they tailor their training/strategy/tactics for that. They will have the advantage in that spectrum. But that doesn't mean there aren't people out there that can give them a good fight or even win in a non sport setting.

There are a lot of special forces, military, law enforcement, bodyguards, security out there that can fight and they don't compete in sports. Lots of thugs also know how to fight, lots of pro fighters got their start in a similar way from street fighting like Kimbo, Masvidal, Diaz bros etc. There have been fights in the past where pro fighters lose street fights. Like Don Frye losing to a bodyguard in a street fight in a hotel lobby. Tito getting KO by Lee Murray. Dillon Danis getting superman punched in a night club. Jason Knight brawling in a bathroom stall etc.

Street fights are different than sport fights, they're quick and the ones with finishing ability would do better in those situations. So point fighters, slow starters, and fighters that don't deal well with pressure fighters wouldn't do well in a street setting.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  18. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

To be fair, he's a 6'2 in shape 220 pounds man who has been doing kyokushin karate (the full contact with kicks to the face but no punches to the face karate) for the over 35 years and he has actively trained with world class fighters across a wide spectrum of styles including UFC fighters like Alan Jouban. I'm not saying the guy is champ material or could even have a viable UFC career at his age but to think the guy couldn't beat up a great majority of people on this planet is just dumb.

19. MMA4Life Silver Belt

As a person now 30. There used to be lots of strangely respectable street fights. I mean sure use your environment to your advantage but usually people would not grab a weapon. But it was college and you actually didn’t get much cred as a college aged male if you were pulling knives or smashing beer bottles on people’s heads.

That stuff happened sure. But I saw some scraps where people would even drop someone standing and then show restraint. Wrestling was always a bad idea at that time because it would leave you open to getting stomped out by people who may not have engaged in the one on one but saw an opportunity to get in a quick kick to someone’s face to help their friend....

Gitanos and Bballfan123 like this.
  20. Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

IIRC Gray Maynard got beat up in a bar by a nobody who he had the audacity to say "hit me first" and the guy basically scrambled his brain with the first punch.