Martial artist out there that could kill most UFC fighters if they had interest...

898-0 in street fights, 1-0 in fights against windshield
10857830_10152908413942154_4808698730599853649_n.0.0.1448978099.jpg
Is that Marlon Sims?

Most top boxers under 30 would run through their respective division up until the top 10 or so if they actually properly prepared for the grappling over a few years.

Is boxing a MA?

Lol this is not real fighting, it's demonstration. Any idiot with practice can defend against a strike they know is about to happen.

Let's see this guy actually spar, when he has no idea what his opponent is capable of throwing at any given second. It's not going to look like this shit.

mma isn’t “real fighting” either - it’s a sport.

Get rid of the rules and the cage if you want “real fighting”.

If you guys think UFC guys are the best/deadliest fighters in the world you need to get out more and stop watching tv.

mma isn’t “real fighting” either - it’s a sport.

Get rid of the rules and the cage if you want “real fighting”.

If you guys think UFC guys are the best/deadliest fighters in the world you need to get out more and stop watching tv.
If you think there are people training for unarmed combat with the frequency and dedication and sparring with other like individuals of professional fighters then you are the one who needs to get out more.

MMA is NOT a real fight. MMA is a combat sport with rules, boxing is a combat sport with different rules. Look at how an eye poke or groin strike immediately ends a MMA fight

Biting, eye gouging, groin strikes, hair pulling, soccer kicks changes even a one on one fight exponentially. That's before you add in mates who jump in, weapons (improvised, carried, firearms) and the environment (glass windows, hard walls etc).

What MMA training gives you is distancing, timing and defensive reflexes which no doubt help in street combat.

But if you took two equally skilled guys in your typical nightclub testosterone fuel scuffle, usually over estrogen (women), i would take a bare knuckle boxer over a MMA fighter any day of the week (remember i said equally skilled). If you think any MMA fighter would feel comfortable pulling guard in a crowded nightclub where anyone could grab a stool and drive it into their eye whilst they were trying to triangle their mate, your sorely mistaken.

If you think there are people training for unarmed combat with the frequency and dedication and sparring with other like individuals of professional fighters then you are the one who needs to get out more.

Agreed, but there are a lot of people in America who train quite diligently in the use of their handgun

MMA is NOT a real fight. MMA is a combat sport with rules, boxing is a combat sport with different rules. Look at how an eye poke or groin strike immediately ends a MMA fight

Biting, eye gouging, groin strikes, hair pulling, soccer kicks changes even a one on one fight exponentially. That's before you add in mates who jump in, weapons (improvised, carried, firearms) and the environment (glass windows, hard walls etc).

What MMA training gives you is distancing, timing and defensive reflexes which no doubt help in street combat.

But if you took two equally skilled guys in your typical nightclub testosterone fuel scuffle, usually over estrogen (women), i would take a bare knuckle boxer over a MMA fighter any day of the week (remember i said equally skilled). If you think any MMA fighter would feel comfortable pulling guard in a crowded nightclub where anyone could grab a stool and drive it into their eye whilst they were trying to triangle their mate, your sorely mistaken.
i don't know what an equally skilled bare knuckle boxer even means. do you think the bare knuckle fighter is sparring with bare knuckles? the mma guy still trains for many more scenarios including clinch fighting with noone separating them. they train to use all limbs. if your only scenario is what happens in a crowded nightclub, that's not really much of a fair question, since you can introduce lots of different variables.

Most top boxers under 30 would run through their respective division up until the top 10 or so if they actually properly prepared for the grappling over a few years.
Lol yes, an excellent boxer with years of grappling experience would do quite well. We call them fellas mma fighters round these parts!

I'm just being a dick. I get your point

What happened with him recently?
He stood around outside the Capital in DC and hollered slogans and took pictures. Heinous and villainous I tell you!

The UFC began as a contest between different martial arts. If any single martial art was sufficient by itself, MMA competition and training would never have evolved into what it is today.

Hapkido can be very effective. The style that I trained in did teach joint locks and grappling in addition to striking. There are forms of Hapkido that basically teach BJJ type techniques too. So, I wouldn't put it in the same category as Karate or Taekwondo.

MMA is a great martial are but not great at defending VS weapons or multiple attackers. In those two areas, many other martial arts are better but hard to beat MMA as a 1V1 martial art.

If they trained grappling over a few years they'd no longer be considered boxers. Just mixed martial artists. I.e. Stipe Miocic.

As a person now 30. There used to be lots of strangely respectable street fights. I mean sure use your environment to your advantage but usually people would not grab a weapon. But it was college and you actually didn’t get much cred as a college aged male if you were pulling knives or smashing beer bottles on people’s heads.

That stuff happened sure. But I saw some scraps where people would even drop someone standing and then show restraint. Wrestling was always a bad idea at that time because it would leave you open to getting stomped out by people who may not have engaged in the one on one but saw an opportunity to get in a quick kick to someone’s face to help their friend....
What college did you go to where all these street fights were occurring?

Back