Mark Hunt doesn't seem understand how unions work

One of the most unimaginative pro-wrestling gimmicks in WWF/WWE history.
oh im sure when they came up with it it wouldve been complete ASS

......but lanny poffo RAN with that thing bro.

Person who does 2016 version of mad max Thunder dome for a living doesn't understand complex concepts, disturbing...

"NFL has only 4-game suspension for PED use is because of the player union."

100% false.

But you said:

"Your statement about the NFL only having a 4-game suspension for PED use is 100% false. "

Your statement is false. I don't know whether it is because of the union or the total causal process but the NFL does seem to suspend players for 4 games. At least in some cases. So the statement is not 100% false. Parts of it may be, but not 100%. There is truth in there.

They also have better representation and more rights. Which are all connected to the larger idea of a union.

Last edited:
The irony is that the guys who supposedly reach out to fighters in an sense are guys like Liddell who are company men. lol. It is so backwards.

It's not necessarily that simple. If Hunt is part of starting a fighters association and enough fighters hop on board with many sharing his views, USADA testing might stick around. Or they go back to piss tests and create an illusion of a clean sport.

Whichever way that talk goes it's not the same as in other sports as mma is direct man vs man combat, so many fighters don't want to fight a juiced up opponent, whereas in other sports it's faster/stronger to get the ball. Those discussions will likely take a lot of turns. Most will likely not want a 2-year ban no matter what they took, but more in line with NFL's tier-type suspension system (with time off for roids being longer than there).

that organization wasn't telling certain fighters they could juice and others they couldn't. Pulling strings of USADA to put a fighter at a disadvantage is just like WWE exempting him from their "Wellness Plan". They are all shill organizations that get paid to convince the government all is well.

Lol. You realize lesnar tested positive. They didn't tell him he could juice. He actually got caught. That's something that never actually happened in pride. He was tested leading up to the fight. Something that never happened in pride.

But you said:

"Your statement about the NFL only having a 4-game suspension for PED use is 100% false. "

Your statement is false. I don't know whether it is because of the union or the total causal process but the NFL does seem to suspend players for 4 games. At least in some cases. So the statement is not 100% false. Parts of it may be, but not 100%. There is truth in there.

They also have better representation and more rights. Which are all connected to the larger idea of a union.
Huh?? If you say the NFL only responds in one way, it doesn't matter if that single way is included in a larger set of options. The statement is still 100% false.

Lol. You realize lesnar tested positive. They didn't tell him he could juice. He actually got caught. That's something that never actually happened in pride. He was tested leading up to the fight. Something that never happened in pride.

Has anyone ever been reprimanded for failing a drug test in PRIDE? Honest question. I watched the org and don't remember it ever happening.

Huh?? If you say the NFL only responds in one way, it doesn't matter if that single way is included in a larger set of options. The statement is still 100% false.

I think he meant "only" as in it is minimal. In that that the punishment was "only" this. It is small. Like if I say," I ONLY have 5 dollars." It indicates something small. Seems obvious to me.

Let's try it in a sentence:

"The NFL only suspended Arthur Jones for 4 games."

It's not necessarily that simple. If Hunt is part of starting a fighters association and enough fighters hop on board with many sharing his views, USADA testing might stick around. Or they go back to piss tests and create an illusion of a clean sport.

Whichever way that talk goes it's not the same as in other sports as mma is direct man vs man combat, so many fighters don't want to fight a juiced up opponent, whereas in other sports it's faster/stronger to get the ball. Those discussions will likely take a lot of turns. Most will likely not want a 2-year ban no matter what they took, but more in line with NFL's tier-type suspension system (with time off for roids being longer than there).
The idea of a union that seeks to hurt roided users further would not be supported by roided users whom are a large percentage of the UFC stable.

In Australia all major sport codes (afl,nrl,cricket) are under the WADA code of testing. They also do hair testing for recreational drugs out of season.

They all have players unions which every player is a member. The players associations helps players with everything from payment and contract disputes, mental health and all medical problems for past and present players.

Players unions and strict drug testing go hand in hand in Australia.

In Australia all major sport codes (afl,nrl,cricket) are under the WADA code of testing. They also do hair testing for recreational drugs out of season.

They all have players unions which every player is a member. The players associations helps players with everything from payment and contract disputes, mental health and all medical problems for past and present players.

Players unions and strict drug testing go hand in hand in Australia.
Trolls: "Impossible!"

Give him a lifetime supply of kfc and all this union talk will disappear

Dude is bitchin about a 700k purse for throwing like 6 punches and getting laid on. Ill trade him and he can go work my job

You don't find it a bit amusing that hunt has fought in orgs with no testing or shitty testing and the one time he flies off the rails it's because a testing program caught someone??

And yeah, more guys juice when there's no penalty for juicing.
Hunt has said many times that it would be okay if everyone were allowed to cheat, hell he said it today. But not everyone is allowed to cheat and there are rules. Hunt just wants to be on an equal playing field.

And what evidence do you have that more guys juice when there's no penalty for juicing? Do you not see all of these people getting busted in the UFC yet most of them are never going to get caught? There's no mystery about it, you want what you can't have. I live in America and you can't drink alcohol under 21 years of age here. A month ago I went into Mcdonald's and saw teenagers in there drunk and eating, and some were outside drinking beers. Well just this past week I was in Spain(drinking age is 15) and hell they even serve beer at Mcdonald's! I walked in there and do you know how many teenagers I saw drunk or drinking beer? None. That's right! None, zippo, nada.

Back