Mark Hunt doesn't seem understand how unions work

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Mark Hunt seems to want to lead the way to a fighters union to help prevent him from his current situation of having faced an alleged PED user and receiving no monetary compensation.

I hate to break it to Mark but that's not how unions work. The reason no other professional sports have USADA drug testing is because of player unions, the reason NFL has only 4-game suspension for PED use is because of the player union. Player unions are created to protect the athletes money and career opportunity, not to clean up the sport. If a fighter union was in place Lesnar likely wouldn't even have been tested and if he was likely wouldn't have been caught.

If UFC fighters formed a union the following things would occur:

• USADA testing would be immediately removed and some type of in-house testing procedure would be agreed upon
  • Suspension times would be severely reduced, likely to a 1, 2, 3 strike type penalty, with 3rd strike maybe being 1 year max
  • Significant monetary penalties would be removed/reduced
If these three items weren't agreed upon by ownership there would be a fighter hold-out until they did. Actual benefits of the union would be things like higher guaranteed salaries, travel compensation, medical coverage during and after career, etc.

There is a lot Mr. Hunt doesn't "understand". Like how to communicate to your fan base and employer.

But these kids, they just want to have dreams...

<mma1>

Mark Hunt seems to want to lead the way to a fighters union to help prevent him from his current situation of having faced an alleged PED user and receiving no monetary compensation.

I hate to break it to Mark but that's not how unions work. The reason no other professional sports have USADA drug testing is because of player unions, the reason NFL has only 4-game suspension for PED use is because of the player union. Player unions are created to protect the athletes money and career opportunity, not to clean up the sport. If a fighter union was in place Lesnar likely wouldn't even have been tested and if he was likely wouldn't have been caught.

If UFC fighters formed a union the following things would occur:

• USADA testing would be immediately removed and some type of in-house testing procedure would be agreed upon
  • Suspension times would be severely reduced, likely to a 1, 2, 3 strike type penalty, with 3rd strike maybe being 1 year max
  • Significant monetary penalties would be removed/reduced
If these three items weren't agreed upon by ownership there would be a fighter hold-out until they did. Actual benefits of the union would be things like higher guaranteed salaries, travel compensation, medical coverage during and after career, etc.

"Well forget the bloody union then and just give me lesnars bloody purse"

No, man. Hunt wants money, not a clean sport. A union, like you said, is about fighters getting more money.

lol more and more posters like Ts are popping up just to prove to everyone that they're smarter than guys like Hunt, Diaz bros, and Rampage. Good job guys you have proven that you most likely graduated high school but let's not relive it.

How abot u fuk off then huh u piece of shit

SLcT6Lt.jpg

Hunt been hit in the head a few times,just giving him cash and he'll be on his bloody way.

A union must protect the fighters interests AGAINST their employee greed. In this sense a union makes a lot of sense.

About the aspects the ts pointed out, I agreed that it may not work as super samoan want.

You think Hunt iz pissed off now. What if they would've popped Brock before the fight & he didn't get hiz massive payday at all... Then you would've seen Hunt bitching about the other side of this same argument.

Hunt been hit in the head a few times,just giving him cash and he'll be on his bloody way.

If my calculations are correct, 50 bucks, a tiger pie and a keg/barrel of XXXX should do it.

"Well forget the bloody union then and just give me lesnars bloody purse"
"Lesnar is a pussy stiks needles in his arse, carries a purse like a girl, give me all his monies or I quit forever steroid cheat fuckin pussy bitch."

A union must protect the fighters interests AGAINST their employee greed. In this sense a union makes a lot of sense.

About the aspects the ts pointed out, I agreed that it may not work as super samoan want.

Agree, but Hunt doesn't get it. He thinks if there was a Union UFC wouldn't have given Lesnar an exemption, would fine him, etc. but in reality if a Union existed Lesnar wouldnt even have been tested at all most likely

Back