Mark Coleman sexually abused while at Ohio State

These things start with pummeling

Super ignorant post dude. Some basic digging/research would have gotten you your answer and spared you the embarrassment of flaunting your ignorance.
What kind of reply is this? TS is just asking a question. I love you using ignorant and ignorance, it is the favorite word used by SJWs competing in the Victim Olympics.

My good friend's Dad was a local youth pastor and bus driver. He looked just like Ned Flanders and everyone in the town liked him. He would always let the little kids sit on his lap to honk the horn and open the door on the school bus, but I never thought anything of it.

That's interesting. We are a predominantly Catholic country on paper. There was debate in the past that allowing priests to break the celibacy law might have something to do with cutting down on abuse. A ridiculous notion for so many reasons. On a side note - it revealed that the Catholic Church had this celibacy law so that when a priest died, everything went back to the Church, and not a spouse (if the allowed them to marry)

They're opportunistic predators. And your pal's Fathers standing as a pillar of the community would have served him well as not being someone to be suspicious of, but truth be told, depending on how long ago this was, I don't think that would have entered parents minds of a potential paedo. What happened to him?

Vetting potential child pedos is near impossible I guess.

Hmmm. If someone has a conviction for sexually abusing children, I'd have thought they are monitored for one by the police after they tell them where they're living and in some cases, communities found out about a paedo living in the area and usually run him out.

I think any job that involves kids - whether it be a teacher down to a caretaker - there should be background checks for sexual assault. I like that thing in the States when a kid is missing and they have that alert on the highways. Nothing is concrete, but it's better than nothing

I have been thinking the same thing and I feel like it's based on authority. The guy is a doctor and these wrestlers were probably required to see him in order to train/compete?

It is very interesting to me that the wrestlers talked about this in the locker room that this doctor would have them drop their pants for no reason at all and apparently none of them were ever like "Dude I am here because my shoulder hurts. I am not going to drop my pants for you and if you ask me again I will beat the fuck out of you right now".
"I think I might know what I'm doing here, being that I'm the medical doctor and here to help you all. Drop your pants. Drop your pants..."

<{danayeah}>

I always thought Coleman seemed like a man who struggled with demons. Sad that he's had to live with this all these years.

Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State... these midwest college athletics programs seem to be hotbeds for child sex predators. WTF is going on in these states?

Yup you sound ignorant as well as insensitive. Sexual abuse victims are often made to feel ashamed for the abuse and most feel they are to blame. It doesn't matter how smart or how big you are, paedophiles are adept at psychological warfare.

Here is an interesting excerpt...

"Nick Nutter, an All-American wrestler in the 1990s, said he had to make a hard decision every time he was injured whether to visit Strauss or not. “Is this injury bad enough that I’m going to get molested for it?” he asked himself, claiming quite a few athletes saw it as the price of getting treatment or medicine."

So in order to get medical treatment they had to endure being molested by this creep.

I'm glad he committed suicide.

This makes it even more confusing. So they knew they were being molested and did nothing? That’s just weird. I would have visited him for my injury and beat his fuckin ass. Then when the cops come I tell them exactly why.

That's interesting. We are a predominantly Catholic country on paper. There was debate in the past that allowing priests to break the celibacy law might have something to do with cutting down on abuse. A ridiculous notion for so many reasons. On a side note - it revealed that the Catholic Church had this celibacy law so that when a priest died, everything went back to the Church, and not a spouse (if the allowed them to marry)

They're opportunistic predators. And your pal's Fathers standing as a pillar of the community would have served him well as not being someone to be suspicious of, but truth be told, depending on how long ago this was, I don't think that would have entered parents minds of a potential paedo. What happened to him?

Hmmm. If someone has a conviction for sexually abusing children, I'd have thought they are monitored for one by the police after they tell them where they're living and in some cases, communities found out about a paedo living in the area and usually run him out.

I think any job that involves kids - whether it be a teacher down to a caretaker - there should be background checks for sexual assault. I like that thing in the States when a kid is missing and they have that alert on the highways. Nothing is concrete, but it's better than nothing
RE my pal's father fate:
Kinda sad actually. He ended up trying to kill himself when the news broke. The Mom left the Dad immediately, and prior they seemingly had a good marriage, and the kids in the family were just all devastated, moved away and became drug addicts. Family shattered. They really were the perfect family before, or atleast seemed that way, and that is what is so bizarre. The Dad lives alone now, moved to a town far away, never went to jail, got sued and lost everything, turned in to a hermit and never goes out in public for the shame.

RE vetting potential pedos:
Over here, pedos all have to register and anyone can find out where they live. If they move in your neighborhood, a notice goes out to everyone that a pedo moved in. It is kind of fucked up tho, as if you are an 18 year old and have sex with a 16 year old, you have to register too and that same warning letter goes out to all the people. Obviously, most 16 year olds with older partners would not want to punish the 18 year old, but there was a case around here of the parents finding out, being pissed that their daughter had sex with this guy, and he got processed and convicted of pedophillia.

I was saying tho that trying to vet people that have not yet been convicted of being pedos is a different task entirely. Im sure we all had the very weird teacher growing up, who we would not be surprised to hear they were pedos, but it can be a dangerous game speculating people are pedos that are not. There is really nothing worse in this world than being labeled a pedo. It is better to be thought if as a murderer than a pedo.

I'm so picturing that episode of family guy when Peter gets a prostrate exam...lol

The female urologists are just as bad fondling nutsacks, balls and shafts and fingering the prostates up the assholes.
Completely agree. Like how does a woman decide "I want to look at dicks all day for a living"? TBH, I'd much rather a male doctor than female. I just think it is weird af that an adult person would dittle with other people of the opposite sex under the cloak of 'just doing my job'. Gtfoh, there are so many fucking weirdos in the medical profession. It's a haven for sexual perverts and weirdos - heck, even when you get xrayed, it's like watching a black and white nudy magazine.

I can imagine that if you'd reported something like this back then - your athletic career is over and you are a laughing stock of the whole community. Not to mention - did the term "sexual abuse" even exist back then? For example there were times, where the term "rape" wasn't there, and the woman, who was raped was thought to "fail to decline sexual advances", therefore being a "whore" . Not easy to imagine men being victims to similar things.

like what that olympic doctor did to those girls "you can trust me im the best doctor in the olympics" then continues to fingerblast them saying itll fix their hip pain

RE my pal's father fate:
Kinda sad actually. He ended up trying to kill himself when the news broke. The Mom left the Dad immediately, and prior they seemingly had a good marriage, and the kids in the family were just all devastated, moved away and became drug addicts. Family shattered. They really were the perfect family before, or atleast seemed that way, and that is what is so bizarre. The Dad lives alone now, moved to a town far away, never went to jail, got sued and lost everything, turned in to a hermit and never goes out in public for the shame.

Sounds similar(ish) to the BTK killer. I imagine the family went through a lot of shit having their Father/husband being a known Paedo - and no matter how much they disown him, they're still probably looking over their shoulders and living a lie in a certain way - especially when it comes to meeting new people who ask about their background - do you tell them or not. They're ostracised anyway in some shape or form.

RE vetting potential pedos:
Over here, pedos all have to register and anyone can find out where they live. If they move in your neighborhood, a notice goes out to everyone that a pedo moved in. It is kind of fucked up tho, as if you are an 18 year old and have sex with a 16 year old, you have to register too and that same warning letter goes out to all the people. Obviously, most 16 year olds with older partners would not want to punish the 18 year old, but there was a case around here of the parents finding out, being pissed that their daughter had sex with this guy, and he got processed and convicted of pedophillia.

Does the age of consent vary from State to State? Even if I'm passing by a pub or nightclub and there's a group of girls, some of them look very young - legal age is 18 to drink and I'm sure there's still underage drinkers with fake ID's, but either I'm getting old without realising it, or even if the girls are 18 or over it's a bit of a shock how young they look.

18 year old going out with a 16 year old. How the fuck do you manage that. If you disapprove of it, your daughter is likely going to see the chap anyway and if you suggest they have an 'adult observer' going on a date, that's not really going to work. Think if I knew the chap and his family I wouldn't have much of a problem with that than if he was some randomer. Definitely no sleep overs.

I was saying tho that trying to vet people that have not yet been convicted of being pedos is a different task entirely. Im sure we all had the very weird teacher growing up, who we would not be surprised to hear they were pedos, but it can be a dangerous game speculating people are pedos that are not. There is really nothing worse in this world than being labeled a pedo. It is better to be thought if as a murderer than a pedo.

Sorry - I should have pointed out that if they are convicted Padeos they need to be vetted and obviously it will come up during that. A couple of schoolgirls in England were abducted by the local caretaker - who hadn't been vetted - and it was fucking horrible what happened. I'm pretty sure they're strict on looking into someone's background, but I don't think they did in this case and there were a couple of incidents in England, where a Paedophile moved in to the area and no one knew about and kids were abducted and found dead.

If the Police are not notifying folk when a Paedophile moves into an area then they're almost complicit in anything that happens to a child if they come to harm, imo.

Power.

How important was Mark's wrestling scholarship to him?
I imagine it felt like it was all that mattered to him.

The BigTen is apparently the new Catholic Church.

Lol the Big Ten is not a bible belt conference.
Pennsylvania isn't in the bible belt? My bad. I just searched and you're right... I used "bible belt" to define the large presence of old religious fanatics in Pennsylvania and Ohio. While they aren't technically bible belt, they are indeed very religious.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...Sexual-Abuse-By-Ohio-State-Team-Doctor-140797

This may be a bit insensitive, but I am just a little puzzled here.

How, without being turned into a pile of gelatinous goo, does this guy

images

Manage to molest this guy:

3657155_1426013319.507.jpg

My guess would be very, very carefully.
‘Gelatinous goo’ bahahahaha

Back