Margarito WAY Too Big For Pacman

i'm still impressed, they did a great job selling a fight that should have never been made and even managed to make people think it would be competitive.

How about Golden Boy? is he bigger than Margarito or smaller?

a little smaller. But there was a bs weight stipulation when he fought pac that made him weigh 147 on fight night, rather than day ebfore. So he could not hydrate and was very drained.

a little smaller. But there was a bs weight stipulation when he fought pac that made him weigh 147 on fight night, rather than day ebfore. So he could not hydrate and was very drained.

I think you got that wrong bro...the fight was held at the welterweight limit and so he needs to weigh no more than 147 on the official weigh in which is a day before the fight. I didn't hear anything about Goldenboy not being allowed to go over 147 on fight night.

It's one of the first things I noticed the first time they had a press conference, I know it's being the pattern (Manny being the smaller fighter) in his recent fights but this one takes the cake IMO. Some solid arguments on how Pacquiao's speed will be too much for Antonio, I just hope this won't be the guy who stops Manny's run.

This guy brutally stopped Cotto, im sure stopping Pac will be no problem

This guy brutally stopped Cotto, im sure stopping Pac will be no problem

You're forgetting the fact that Pacquiao also annihilated Cotto for 12 rounds and that Cotto doesn't have the footwork/speed that Pacquiao has.

Think the same thing, think margaritto is just gonna come forward, take a few hard shots, but really go to the body of Pacman and get a late stoppage, think Margaritto is just too big.

Think the same thing, think margaritto is just gonna come forward, take a few hard shots, but really go to the body of Pacman and get a late stoppage, think Margaritto is just too big.

Also think Pacman is taking Margaritto too lightly and a lot things are going wrong with the camp and Pacman is losing focus.

Mosely is a tad larger than manny though, and he comes with a different style.

I favor manny, but Margarito could really use his size, reach, and body shots.

AT some point, Manny will lose if he continues. Maybe this weekend even. Not sure when but, he is great for the sport. Definitely a good role model for the kids. Something that can't be said for Mayweather. I think Manny will be too quick and the accumulation of shots will break down Pacman. Cotto had nothing to offer Pacman. Not sure what Margarito can. My only concern are checking hand wraps since some fighters like to put instruments in them. Pacman by 6th rd KO

WAR PACMAN

Ill say this if this was marg from a few years ago, i would pick him easy because of the size difference and the power but after his little fiasco, who can tell if he ever had power. The size difference is still there. If marg from old shows up I think he takes this but if the plasterless marg shows up it could be a one sided beating.

So basically what you're saying is.....if Marg shows up with plastered wraps then he'll probably win? That's all that the "Marg from old" is anyways....right?

I personally think Pac is going to lay a beating on Marg. Like many have already said, this is pretty much just a novelty fight set up by promoters looking to make money. Marg is the perfect "big guy" for Pac.

agree, but at least the Floyd fight will be easier to make, and with manny more focused, he will fight better

ARTICLE WRITTEN BY YAHOO TODAY, = MARGARITO will be 20 pounds heavier

'Pacman' may play with fire by testing Margarito's power

By Steve Cofield

Manny Pacquiao keeps moving up the weight ladder and the big guys keep on falling.

The 5-foot-6, 140-pounder hasn't bit off more than he could chew yet. That may change on Saturday when he faces 5-11 Antonio Margarito. The fight will be waged at a catch weight of 150, but Team Pacquiao expects Margarito to be nearly 20 pounds heavier on fight night.

Clearly, Pacquiao will have to win the fight based on his speed but that doesn't mean he's going to be on the run.

"I don't know if I'll do it (test Margarito's power), but it's part of the game," said Pacquiao, who worried fight fans and sent shrivers down Freddie Roach’s spine when he allowed the bigger [Miguel] Cotto to take clear shots during their earlier battles.

Pacman also took some big shots to the body early in his fight against Joshua Clottey. The Philippine Daily Inquirer says it was all part of the plan.

It was part of Pacquiao's ploy. He got hurt, of course, but Pacquiao pretended the punches didn’t have any lasting effect. [...]

But Pacquiao has a penchant for courting disaster.

Even during sparring sessions, he sometimes lets his partner bang away to gauge his toughness. Sometimes, he does it to lure his attacker to open up.

Pacquiao said he's gone away from trying to gain weight. He stopped once he reached 148 pounds. Anything higher than that made him feel sluggish. Margarito isn't very refined, but he does have big-time power (71 percent KO rate). Can he catch Pacquiao?

Manny will be superman after he defeats a man 20 lbs and 5 inches taller than him.

I would like to see someone post a thread like this on a real boxing forum like eastsideboxing or something the responces would be entertaining. "WAY too big" hahaha margarito is a beast very durable and manny has problems with in your face fighters but saying margarito is WAY too big after everything manny has done is just plain ignorant.I want to hear you break this fight down.....I'm the only one I know that put money on margarito over cotto I been a fan for a long time of his until he cheated and I have watched every pacquaio fight when they happened except for a few since 2000 and it's a very intriguing match up stylistically.If your going to make a prediction especially a thread about it at least put some thought into it.I'm going to go make a new thread manny is WAY too fast for margarito,or Margarito has WAY less plaster in his gloves these day's to beat pacman.Sorry I think i'm in a bad mood.

also even posting a link with the 20 pounds over thing is not cool when you know or should know that's not going to be the case.I would have guessed about that but when margarito is weighing 158 for a 150 fight a month out and 154 a few weeks out it's almost safe to say he's not going to come in at 168.

Yeah Tony did an interview with that hot mexican reporter right after he weighed in and he said he'll probably put on 10lbs overnight. Said he was in such great shape he didn't have to sweat out too much.

But, he already had a 4.4lb advantage without even rehydrating so he should have around 15 come fight time.

I was shocked when I saw the weigh in pictures, of the size differences. That being said, bigger doesn't mean better. This has been proven time and time again.

Margarito should be 160-162 on fight night
Pacman should be 147 on fight night

13-15lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back