Margarito WAY Too Big For Pacman

I haven't seen the footage but I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance. I really can't see Pac having a problem with margarito based on size. He's already slammed around guys in that height range with ease. Delahoya is a tall fighter and while he wasn't a legit, really strong muscular guy, he just couldn't do anything. And how tall was clottey? Then we have tales of Pac knocking down Toney in sparring, stories are stories and sparring is sparring. The kind of fighter who beats Pac right now will be a guy who can nullify his speed and intensity, that's going to take a special kind of fighter or a fighter with the right style, or a fighter who is just too, too big for him and I don't think Margarito is in any of those categories.

before you jizz yourself , let me tell you that Pacman takes this easy.

Margocheato is too slow , too plodding and fights too tall to beat Pac. Pac is going to run rings around him and overwhelm him. This is a easy fight for Pac compared to Cotto.
Its going to be like Roy Jones when he fought John 'The Crab' Ruiz.

Roach knows this and Margarito knows this.

Most of the pros agree with me (check). This fight only has the popcorn factor going for it where the pros wanna see tiny Pac go at it against a big guy. That n the beer drinking fans who buying into the hype , think this fight is competitive.

full of win.

pac by tko round 6.

also, didn't know he was going up to 154, thats' a mistake in my opinion. I still think he beats Margarito but he should have stopped cold at 147, if he keeps going up, eventually he will end up getting dominated, that's as sure as physics, no matter how exceptional you are. I can't believe Roach allowed and or encouraged that move.

Honestly, we don't know how much legit power Margarito has, anyway. Our only (potential) indicators are the Mosley fight (where it was a non-issue) and the Garcia fight (which was not impressive). So we'll have to see what he's got, power wise, on fight night.

This is the key to the fight, if Margo has any of the power he allegedly had before the hand wrap issue then it will be a competitive fight. It's hard to tell though, in the Mosley fight he looked weight drained, probably paranoid about the wraps and Shane also never let him get off by constantly clinching. He looked really weak in the Garcia fight but then again it was only a tune-up, so who knows.

Last edited:
Yes, it is true that Manny fought at 112. However, he was still 19 at the time. He is 31 now.

Manny weighed in at a little over 145 during his last fight, so I think the comment about him being 112 is kind of a moot point. That was a long time ago. Tony began fighting while he was a teenager too and he fought at 133 as a teen.

Plus, remember, he actually weighed in MORE than Oscar while in the ring. Manny and his team are very good at rehydrating after the weigh-ins.

Plus, Tony is a guy who will not be dancing around in the ring. He will stand there and trade with Manny. Manny will catch him like he catches everyone else who tries to slug with him: Hatton, Cotto, Klotey, Diaz, Berrara, Morales, etc...Manny simply looks good against anyone who will try to fight in the trenches with him.

I agree that this fight is a mistake because Manny will beat Tony to the punch all night long and KO him.

It is also a mistake simply because it is not a Manny vs. Floyd matchup

The size difference when they are standing next to each other is astounding! Margarito doesn't have half the skill Pacman has .... he doesn't need it. The disadvantage is huge.

Pac runnin for politician and Roach saying his training camp is the worst ever, it doesn't look good for him. True boxing fans know that Mayweather and Pacman would lose to Paul Williams anyway.

Mosely overwhelmed Margarito with speed and punches from all types of angles, I expect Pac to be able to do the same.

I saw the clips of him sparring now, can 't say one way or the other if he's having trouble with his sparring partners, those clips could be cut from the only moments his partners are doing anything. Also, I don't like the lollygagging that either camp is doing, Pac singing and shit, that's no good. But I really think they are all trying to turn this into a competitive fight because they know that Margarito is tailor made for Pac.

I'm cheering for Margarito because i'm mexican, Margarito is not a joke, he hits hard, but obviously PacMan is the big dog here.. Lots of respect by Manny he is the man now, but i hope Margarito can take the upset, winning and showing to everyone that no one is unbeatable.. Ask Fedor...

Cheers...

LOL at people falling for this whole notion of "bad training camp" and "Pacquiao's head not in the game..."

76552_491208628242_118730428242_6959590_7032510_n.jpg

75060_490783908242_118730428242_6952106_3572659_n.jpg

Vamos Margarito!

he hits hard

With plaster wraps, you mean? Because in the 2 fights where the plaster aren't considered an issue (Mosley & Garcia) he didn't seem to have much, if any, power.

I'd just like to see Tony go the distance, hell Cotto was half a round from doing it himself.

I'd just like to see Tony go the distance, hell Cotto was half a round from doing it himself.

To be fair, the Cotto fight probably should have been stopped several rounds earlier since he was non-competitive and was just taking a steady drubbing.

I'm cheering for Margarito because i'm mexican, Margarito is not a joke, he hits hard, but obviously PacMan is the big dog here.. Lots of respect by Manny he is the man now, but i hope Margarito can take the upset, winning and showing to everyone that no one is unbeatable.. Ask Fedor...

Cheers...

Manny has bean beaten before. And by a mexican too. There is no horse that could'nt be riden.

By Chris Williams: Despite being the much taller fighter compared to the 5

yeah, i was thinking about Manny vs. jr. mw's of the past just to get an idea of how he'd do, these are the names I came up with when I thought of some true Junior Middleweights. Could you picture Manny fighting John "the Beast" Mugabi (pre-hagler)? Or how about a prime Terry Norris? He'd get slaughtered, so this fight is not what it's built up to be and I hope Manny either continues to pick opponents wisely or just goes back down in weight.

Back