Margarito WAY Too Big For Pacman

durtyJERZEY**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a 154 pound fighter who fought at that weight or 147 his whole career vs a former 112 pound fighter. This fight is a mistake.

skip to 14 min mark to see speed difference

manny is too fast for margarito

Last edited:
Margarito had trouble dealing with Mosley's speed and power and he eventually got TKO'd. I figure that Pac will do the same.

Margarito had trouble dealing with Mosley's speed and power and he eventually got TKO'd. I figure that Pac will do the same.

Mosely is a tad larger than manny though, and he comes with a different style.

I favor manny, but Margarito could really use his size, reach, and body shots.

Manny Pacquiao is way too fast for Margarito. Not to mention that its a challenge that pacquiao accepted. Who else would do this? Oh Frank Edgar, that's right.

After the fight I'm gonna have a burrito and a corona.

Kidding...but I am having rice and lumpia...COUNT ON IT

PACQUIAO!

a 154 pound fighter who fought at that weight or 147 his whole career vs a former 112 pound fighter. This fight is a mistake.

I remember reading this for the Oscar fight. As the old saying goes: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Mosely is a tad larger than manny though, and he comes with a different style.

I agree with you here. But I felt it was more the volume and speed of Mosely's punches that prevented Margarito from pulling the trigger. Eventually it seemed as if Tony was just simply overwhelmed and that's why I think Pac should win this fight.

I think Pac will be way to fast for Marg to deal with, but I don't like the Mosely comparison. Cause I still think Marg wasn't in the fight anymore after being caught. I think he checkout mentaly before stepping in the ring that night and that had a big part in why he lost that fight.

Mosley wrestled Margarito whenever they were in tight, so Tony could not do his thing. (back when Mosley was big enough to do so.) Manny does not have the size and strength to do that.

I worry about this fight....speed won't be enough.

Mosley wrestled Margarito whenever they were in tight, so Tony could not do his thing. (back when Mosley was big enough to do so.) Manny does not have the size and strength to do that.

I worry about this fight....speed won't be enough.

this is what i was thinking too. Margaritos reach could catch manny moving after he throws, where as someone like cotto would be barely missing. Marg throws those looping hooks and uppers, along with reaching rights that would catch him. I am picking pacman since I have picked against him so many times, but margarito wont ball up like clottey.

before you jizz yourself , let me tell you that Pacman takes this easy.

Margocheato is too slow , too plodding and fights too tall to beat Pac. Pac is going to run rings around him and overwhelm him. This is a easy fight for Pac compared to Cotto.
Its going to be like Roy Jones when he fought John 'The Crab' Ruiz.

Roach knows this and Margarito knows this.

Most of the pros agree with me (check). This fight only has the popcorn factor going for it where the pros wanna see tiny Pac go at it against a big guy. That n the beer drinking fans who buying into the hype , think this fight is competitive.

Listen guys lets get 1 thing clear.

Everyone knew Oscar was gonna annihilate Pac...the only problem was that Pac was not only faster than he thought but is also southpaw.

Oscar only had 1 plan, to counter with the 45 but just couldn't catch up to pac going in and out. So it was a big surprise to everyone when Oscar got killed. This really was the 1st point that showed Pac was in a league by himself beating such a big man in Oscar

But now all the cards are on the table. There are no surprises here. I'm pretty sure that Marg already accepts that Pac is gonna beat him to the punch. Oscar didn't, he thought he could catch him. That's the difference

It's no secret Marg is one of the slowest fighters out there. Certainly the slowest fighter pac has faced in years

So if Marg already knows this obviously he's gonna try to win a different way than beating pac to the punch.

This is what Marg will do in the fight. He will accept being hit and sacrifice eating all the punches to keep moving forward. He will only attack the body of Pac.
By the middle rounds he expects this to have affected Pac to the point where pac may still be fast but alot weaker in his shots.

At this point Marg will decide to turn up the pressure and push the fight.

Will this work? Only time will tell!

*edit to remove offensive post*

ihasafunny-calm-down.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading this for the Oscar fight. As the old saying goes: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

Oscar moved up in weight, starting at junior lightweight. What weight did De La Hoya fight Pac at? It was 143. He's now fighting at 150, a guy who has grown into that weight

Why are you referring to me as a "stupid motherfucker". I wrote something that really got a response out of you. Anyway, if you can't see the difference in size between De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Pac, and Margarito, then you fail. Margarito has not fought under welterweight, and has moved up to light middleweight. This is a huge difference along with a huge reach advantage that pac won't be able to overcome.

So you are basically saying that Pac can keep going up in weight and it won't affect him?

Margarito didn't look too hot at Light Middleweight.

As for the size and reach difference - that would be great if Margarito ever used it effectively. He is supremely hittable and the speed and power difference here is enough that he is going to have trouble not getting hit. Throwing volume is great if you can maintain range and keep your chin from being hit too many times, but this isn't one of those fights where volume and size is going to save Margarito.

Everyone said the same thing when Pac-Man fought Diaz, De La Hoya, and Cotto.

People doubting pac can do it, and when Pac does do it they try taketh away by saying no serious fan believed Margarito would beat Pac.

Pac is short, not to be convinced with small. He's filled out 147 pretty well. I think Marg gets beat in a 12 round decision. Don't think Manny hits hard enough to put him away, nor aggressive enough at 147 to do what Mosley did.

i don't consider mosley a "tad" bit bigger than manny like someone else posted earlier...he's MUCH bigger than manny with greater physical strength who used his physicality in that fight to rough margarito up on the inside.

I would agree that Margarito's size is an issue here but that's just about the only real issue for Manny here. He's got the superior hand and foot speed, he's got a resume that's a mile long of late that tells me he's pound for pound the best fighter in the sport. I have a hard time believeing that Margarito is going to be able to steal this fight from Manny.

Back