Margarito WAY Too Big For Pacman

He isn't a real jr mw and the title is meaningless, but he is fighting a big welterweight who is natural to this weight range. Pac doesn't cut any weight.

What they said about this guy:

oscar_de_la_hoya_1201419c.jpg

That was an old and less than 100% motivated Oscar. Marg is looking for redemption - he is hungrier than any of Manny's last 3 or 4 opponents. I think Manny takes this - but it's not going to be a cake walk by any stretch, and I wouldn't be shocked if Margarito pulled off the upset somehow.

a 154 pound fighter who fought at that weight or 147 his whole career vs a former 112 pound fighter. This fight is a mistake.

There is this thing called muscle, some fighters pack it on later than others, but it usually makes you bigger over time...

From 24/7 episode 3, Mannys gonna come in at 147/148 and Margarito will be around
165-170 on fight night.

From 24/7 episode 3, Mannys gonna come in at 147/148 and Margarito will be around
165-170 on fight night.

I know these 'STFU White Belt' posts have been done to death but in this case .....seriously
stfu.jpg

Most of the down playing of Pacman is just to give people a false hope and buy the PPV to see him lose.
Most of the real boxing world knows better, this will be a one sided fight, and Pacman will gobble Tony up like he is Pinky the ghost.

a 154 pound fighter who fought at that weight or 147 his whole career vs a former 112 pound fighter. This fight is a mistake.

skip to 14 min mark to see size difference

It's easy to get mixed up with weight. Being a bigger man doesn't mean your the harder puncher nore does it mean you have a better chin.

Personally I see Pacman winning by KO within 3 rounds.

Margarito and his team talk about his power shots being so "out of this world" hard but power shots won't land on Manny easily. It happens but the odds of a punchers chance is slim.

165-170 on fight night.

There's the truth, people seem to think only thiago alves , GSP , and Chael Sonnen know how to cut weight.... Boxers been cutting weight since the 60's

165 is a stretch. He weighed in @ 155 in the latest episode of 24/7 and it looks like he just finished his work out. I think 15lbs and above on fight night slows boxers down and it's been evident in the past.

I'm comparing the speed of their punches it looks like this fight will make up for the lack of excitement in pac vs clottey. margarito's gonna beat up pac's fists with his face in this one.

speed kills. probably a long night for Margs.

let's not forget that Margs has only fought twice in the last couple of years and looked like crap both times

To be fair, the Cotto fight probably should have been stopped several rounds earlier since he was non-competitive and was just taking a steady drubbing.

also to be fair to cotto: this fuckface that pac has rewarded with a big-time fight opportunity when instead he shouldve probably been prosecuted in court... this fuckface robbed cotto of the rest of his career when he almost killed him during their fight (in which he surely mustve cheated too), which made him non-competitive with pac.

so sad that cottos legacy has been irreparably tarnished because of this scumbag beaner

Let's get reeeeeady to rrrrrrrumble!!!!!!
250.jpg

War!!!!!!!!!!!
Margarito+W.jpg

"Look at me!. i'm freddie roach!!"
margaritoparkinsons.jpg

Congress, boring!!!.. .... needs to get back to punching people in the face!!
6a00d8341c630a53ef013485b5f243970c-500wi

Yeahh!! Watching it live in the theater!! Can't wait!!
pacquiao-margarito-fight.jpg
pacquiao-vs-margarito-tale_of_the_tape.jpg

Margarito way too big for Pac?

Don't we hear this EVERY time Pacquiao has a fight coming up? It's the same old story with the same result.

Manny is going to kill this guy...and I can't wait.

It's one of the first things I noticed the first time they had a press conference, I know it's being the pattern (Manny being the smaller fighter) in his recent fights but this one takes the cake IMO. Some solid arguments on how Pacquiao's speed will be too much for Antonio, I just hope this won't be the guy who stops Manny's run.

Ill say this if this was marg from a few years ago, i would pick him easy because of the size difference and the power but after his little fiasco, who can tell if he ever had power. The size difference is still there. If marg from old shows up I think he takes this but if the plasterless marg shows up it could be a one sided beating.

Back