Many sherdoggers fell victim to Dana's hype, again...

Holy shit, you guys call Barao hype? Rory is a hype, Bisping is a hype. Barao was the fucking champion with 3 defenses.
He lost, but it's ok, it happens. He will come back stronger and kick TJ's ass.
War Barao.

If you can prove that you believed Dillashaw would beat Barao than let's see it...

post some links to your posts... or you watched Barao fight in the UFC like the rest of us and believed he was one of the best fighters regardless of Dana saying anything...

You need to learn how to read, buddy. Did I say anywhere to suggest that Dillashaw was going to beat Barao?

Did I say anywhere to suggest that Barao is not good?

I said anyone who believed Barao being "#1 P4P by beating Faber" fell victim to Dana White hype job.

"Barao is great fighter" -- No question about it.

"Barao is #1 P4P fighter by beating Faber" -- pure Dana White hype job.

Barao had an incredible streak going for him it's not like he was a can or anything, I wouldn't have called him #1 but he was up there

You need to learn how to read, buddy. Did I say anywhere to suggest that Dillashaw was going to beat Barao?

I said anyone who believed Barao being "#1 P4P by beating Faber" fell victim to Dana White hype job.

Okay. You're free to go.

I hate smart-ass sherdoggers. it was no hype-job. if he had won, would TS have been making a thread about how he's overrated? he hadn't lost in 35 fights, which is an mma record. he was like 8-0 in the UFC with 3 (4?) title defenses. if you didn't rank him in the top 5 p4p, then YOU are the fuckin joke.

I hate smart-ass sherdoggers. it was no hype-job. if he had won, would TS have been making a thread about how he's overrated? he hadn't lost in 35 fights, which is an mma record. he was like 8-0 in the UFC with 3 (4?) title defenses. if you didn't rank him in the top 5 p4p, then YOU are the fuckin joke.

I like Sherdoggers who has been on here for more than 10 years and STILL cannot read... :icon_chee

He's not fucking saying it because Faber is some sort of fucking P4P barometer, he's saying it because it would be hard to leave him off given his resume at that particular moment.

And last I checked, Faber has been a pretty legit fighter with a pretty legit resume, really only losing to some of the best in the world.

Anyone who put Barao over Aldo or Jones prior to this fight should take a long hard look at themselves.

Beating Pickett, Jorgensen, Mcdonald, Faber and Wineland doesn't make you the greatest fighter on earth.

Beating Swanson, Faber, Florian, Mendes, Edgar, KZ, Lamas puts you in contention.

Beating Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Gustafsson, Teixeira makes you the greatest p4p fighter in the world.

Anyone who put Barao over Aldo or Jones prior to this fight should take a long hard look at themselves.

Thank you! Someone who actually gets it! :icon_chee
icon14.gif

And when Jones or Cain or Aldo or whoever else loses, you'll say the exact same thing.

I don't care what Dana says. I make up my own mind.

Based on what I saw, Renan Barao was a great fighter and at the top of the worthless P4P rankings. He beat everyone put in front of him, and he beat them definitively. The guy hadn't lost for years. What does that tell you?

So Dillashaw deserves a lot of credit for going in there and taking him out in the manner he did.

Dana's a promoter. It's his job to promote fights. But he wasn't going way out of line by calling Barao the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Should have ended the thread right here.

I don't care what Dana says. I make up my own mind.

Based on what I saw, Renan Barao was a great fighter and at the top of the worthless P4P rankings. He beat everyone put in front of him, and he beat them definitively. The guy hadn't lost for years. What does that tell you?

So Dillashaw deserves a lot of credit for going in there and taking him out in the manner he did.

Dana's a promoter. It's his job to promote fights. But he wasn't going way out of line by calling Barao the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Don't make posts that are rational and not hating Dana. That's not what this forum is about, hear?

Barao is a great fighter. But he's not "#1 P4P by beating Faber."

He cannot be ahead of someone like Jon Jones, who has proven himself over and over, against former champions and top contenders.

The point I'm trying to make is, people need to learn to look at fighters' performance, objectively, instead of believing what comes out of Dana White's mouth.

If someone believes Barao is "#1 P4P" fighter, there is no justification for that, when there are fighters like Jon Jones.

Who gives a crap about P4P, especially what Dana has to say about it. The point is as a 135 pound fighter Barao had an amazing run of form that would be pretty douchey to dismiss as hype. He didn't fight Jones last night, and he never will, so it's not even worth getting worked up over. He fought and lost in the BW division, to an awesome fighter, so I don't think we should try to act like he was overrated now.

Beating Pickett, Jorgensen, Mcdonald, Faber and Wineland doesn't make you the greatest fighter on earth.

Beating Swanson, Faber, Florian, Mendes, Edgar, KZ, Lamas puts you in contention.

Beating Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Gustafsson, Teixeira makes you the greatest p4p fighter in the world.

But how were they beat? Aldo had a very close fight with Edgar and has looked unspectacular against KZ, Florian and Lamas. Jones' last fight (before Glover) was a very close decision.

While Barao was riding a long win streak and just steamrolled a bunch of very legit fighters including Faber twice.

So while I disagree that he was #1 ahead of Jones, I can accept there is an arguable point that he belonged at the top of the list after crushing Faber a second time.

If you can prove that you believed Dillashaw would beat Barao than let's see it... post some links to your posts... or you watched Barao fight in the UFC like the rest of us and believed he was one of the best fighters regardless of Dana saying anything...

Not mutually exclusive: I believed Dillashaw COULD win. Though I thought it was unlikely since I believed - and still believe - Barao is one of the best fighters around.

man, dana just can't get a break
if he does not hype a fighter, he is a bad promoter
when he does hype a fighter and the said fighter loses, he is a hype job
heads i win, tails you lose aye doggers?

I always said its Aldo, jones, then barao. Now barao fell lower then the spider.

barao is great, but p4p is stupid in mma, things don't work like that, Anyone could ko the supposed p4p king on any given night

man, dana just can't get a break
if he does not hype a fighter, he is a bad promoter
when he does hype a fighter and the said fighter loses, he is a hype job
heads i win, tails you lose aye doggers?
There is a difference between promoting a fighter for what he is and hyping a fighter with lies.

Back