Many sherdoggers fell victim to Dana's hype, again...

There is a difference between promoting a fighter for what he is and hyping a fighter with lies.

Not that I agree with Dana about Barao being #1 P4P, but what was a lie? It's not like P4P is anything more than an opinion.

Plus, even if you didn't agree that he was the #1 overall fighter in the world, simply watching him would let you know Barao was well up towards the top.

Dana post-fight: "I'm not that surprised" TJ won.

Well he did say don't underestimate Dillishaw and has been trying to hype him up that he was a worthy contender, but no one was listening. So in a sense, he was both right and wrong.

When Dana fights an MMA fight he can talk about who's the best IMO. He's the one guy with all the smarts that has never done it.

Could care less about Dana. A 34 fight win streak speaks for itself. Barao was and still is a complete stud and one of the best in the world. Regardless of what these nerds think, anyone can get their ass whooped and it doesn't make you a can, overrated, or overhyped.

All I saw was threads criticizing Dana's opinion.

As for the hype on Barao, he was the champ, he was riding a ridiculous win streak, he recently had wins over McDonald, Faber, and Wineland, so he deserved to be hyped.

Now he lost. If we respected Barao's accomplishments and skills, that makes us victims of hype?

I don't care what Dana says. I make up my own mind.

Based on what I saw, Renan Barao was a great fighter and at the top of the worthless P4P rankings. He beat everyone put in front of him, and he beat them definitively. The guy hadn't lost for years. What does that tell you?

So Dillashaw deserves a lot of credit for going in there and taking him out in the manner he did.

Dana's a promoter. It's his job to promote fights. But he wasn't going way out of line by calling Barao the best P4P fighter in the sport.
Agreed

Do you think the oddsmakers cared what crap Dana was saying?

Barao was heavily favored in this fight because most informed people who closely follow the sport expected he would wipe the floor with TJ.

Yes because Dana's hype influences the fanbase and the fanbase bet on fights.

Dana also said not to count out Dillashaw. But most did, including me...

Or, Dillashaw is pretty damn badass maybe? Give credit where credit is due. Barao was still easily top three on the pound for pound list even if he wasn't number one. There's no debating that.

I don't care what Renan Barao does in the future. It still doesn't change that he was a great fighter and had a historic streak.

was? So one loss and you are a was?

ONE loss does not break you.
Barao IS a great fighter one loss does not change that.

Its how you handle losses that makes legends some never come back, others come back stronger and better. Lets see how Barao handle his next fight.

I didn't "fall victim" to the hype. I called it, said that Barao would take TJ lightly and probably lose the first fight. But don't expect that to happen again, because it's not happening, as now Barao will be taking it seriously.

Dana White cannot catch a break on sherdog at all.

If you can prove that you believed Dillashaw would beat Barao than let's see it... post some links to your posts... or you watched Barao fight in the UFC like the rest of us and believed he was one of the best fighters regardless of Dana saying anything...

Find the thread with the poll.

with such amazing wisdom, you're an idiot for not betting your whole house and being on the fight in favor of dillashaw - otherwise, why not? you knew i didnt

BFWNqqrCAAAC4jt-500x500.jpg

TS is right. By beating Faber, when Aldo & Jones have defended for years?

People started calling him the best around when Dana stated he was. Not before. Just like with Anderson when he beat Hendo. Dana's influence is huge.

Intelligent people just ignore bullshit coming from DW's mouth. He does not know shit.

Rogan said he was #1 several times throughout the broadcast. One of the times he said it, 30 seconds later he backtracks and says top 4. :D

with such amazing wisdom, you're an idiot for not betting your whole house and being on the fight in favor of dillashaw

Why, was Dillashaw so highly regarded that only the PFP best had a chance against him?
I see posts like yours all over this thread and I don't get it.

Why, was Dillashaw so highly regarded that only the PFP best had a chance against him?
I see posts like yours all over this thread and I don't get it.

Well I don't get your post either so.. Fair enough, I guess ;)

Back