Many sherdoggers fell victim to Dana's hype, again...

Alexandergreat3

In Fedor We Trust, amen™
@Silver
Reaction score
Dana White: Renan Barao is the P4P champ, if he beats Faber

Dana White: Renan Barao is the #1 pound for pound, I don't care what the rankings say

[YT]l_0loodB-Dk[/YT]

------------------------------------
How could Barao leapfrog ahead of someone like Jon Jones to "#1 P4P" by beating Faber, someone who he has already beaten?

Many on Sherdog have called this bullshit out before, but it seemed like also there were many on Sherdog who were gullible enough to believe what Dana said... :icon_twis

Dana post-fight: "I'm not that surprised" TJ won.

I don't care what Dana says. I make up my own mind.

Based on what I saw, Renan Barao was a great fighter and at the top of the worthless P4P rankings. He beat everyone put in front of him, and he beat them definitively. The guy hadn't lost for years. What does that tell you?

So Dillashaw deserves a lot of credit for going in there and taking him out in the manner he did.

Dana's a promoter. It's his job to promote fights. But he wasn't going way out of line by calling Barao the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Many on Sherdog have called this bullshit out before, but it seemed like also there were many on Sherdog who were gullible enough to believe what Dana said... :icon_twis

If you can prove that you believed Dillashaw would beat Barao than let's see it... post some links to your posts... or you watched Barao fight in the UFC like the rest of us and believed he was one of the best fighters regardless of Dana saying anything...

Do you think the oddsmakers cared what crap Dana was saying?

Barao was heavily favored in this fight because most informed people who closely follow the sport expected he would wipe the floor with TJ.

I still think he will get No1 some day.

He had a bad night, and TJ had the fight of his life.

Don't count Barao out yet.

Just further proof that MMA rankings really dont mean shit because matchups are what actually make fights.

Even if Dana didn't say what he said about Barao, many people still would pick Barao based on his performance. People on Sherdog aren't sponges like the casuals.

Oh... It's "he was never really good" day, right?

Happens every time.

BJ was overrated; GSP was overrated; Fedor was overrated; Anderson Silva was overrated; Big Nog was overrated.

Every time a great fighter loses, these creeps come out of the woodwork to tell everyone just how perceptive they were never to fall for the hype.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you bet your house on Dillashaw because you saw right through the hype. Sure...

There were actually lots of posts here before Dana started talking about Barao that were ranking Barao at No. 1 or No. 2 (often with Aldo at No. 1). Whether those posters truly believed that or were just saying it be contrary to what was claimed to be Dana's "hype" at the time (i.e., Jones at No. 1).

I don't care what Renan Barao does in the future. It still doesn't change that he was a great fighter and had a historic streak.

I don't care what Dana says. I make up my own mind.

Based on what I saw, Renan Barao was a great fighter and at the top of the worthless P4P rankings. He beat everyone put in front of him, and he beat them definitively. The guy hadn't lost for years. What does that tell you?

So Dillashaw deserves a lot of credit for going in there and taking him out in the manner he did.

Dana's a promoter. It's his job to promote fights. But he wasn't going way out of line by calling Barao the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Barao is a great fighter. But the #1 P4P fighter? By beating Faber?

Is ahead of Jon Jones, while Jones smashed former champions and top contenders such as Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Gustafsson, Teixera?

No offense meant, but anyone who believed Barao is "#1 P4P" ahead of Jon Jones was brainwashed by Dana White.

If you can prove that you believed Dillashaw would beat Barao than let's see it... post some links to your posts... or you watched Barao fight in the UFC like the rest of us and believed he was one of the best fighters regardless of Dana saying anything...

Lol. Bring it on Alexander. Lets see what you've got.

Oh... It's "he was never really good" day, right?

Barao is a great fighter. But he's not "#1 P4P by beating Faber."

He cannot be ahead of someone like Jon Jones, who has proven himself over and over, against former champions and top contenders.

The point I'm trying to make is, people need to learn to look at fighters' performance, objectively, instead of believing what comes out of Dana White's mouth.

If someone believes Barao is "#1 P4P" fighter, there is no justification for that, when there are fighters like Jon Jones.

Barao is a great fighter. But the #1 P4P fighter? By beating Faber?

Is ahead of Jon Jones, while Jones smashed former champions and top contenders such as Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Gustafsson, Teixera?

No offense meant, but anyone who believed Barao is "#1 P4P" ahead of Jon Jones was brainwashed by Dana White.

Until last night, Barao had never struggled with anyone as much as JBJ struggled with Gus.

So, yeah, a reasonable argument can be made that Barao was worthy of consideration as the best P4P fighter, and not just because he beat Faber twice, but because he had not lost in nearly a decade of fighting.

Kind of feel bad for Barao in a way. I'm sure he is a nice humble guy but ever since Dana has been hyping him up to what he is not and then he finally loses, he is now considered a piece of shit and overrated when in fact Barao is still a great fighter. So thanks to Dana, Barao has been getting the Fedor and Andy treatment lately to a dude who is all class.

Back