Many sherdoggers fell victim to Dana's hype, again...

Did people on here think he was #1 p4p king? I mean there may have been a few, but not many. I did think he was a top dawg though like Top 5.

what hype? he lost one fight! dumb fucks it happens

I bet a lot of people fell for that and are too scared to admit it because of how stupid they will look.

Barao was easily #4 P4P before hand. People are acting like complete idiots now. It's the job of the promoter to PROMOTE the fight.

I bet a lot of people fell for that and are too scared to admit it because of how stupid they will look.

Like you? Or do we need to link your posts talking about how TJ has no chance.

Barao was top 3 p4p.

If there aren't many former champions for Barao to beat, then that's the problem of the division being thin. If the division is thin, then that's further indication that its champ cannot legitimately be called "#1 P4P".
There aren't many former champs at 170. Must be a thin division.

Rogan said he was #1 several times throughout the broadcast. One of the times he said it, 30 seconds later he backtracks and says top 4.

lol, yeah that was hilarious.

There aren't many former champs at 170. Must be a thin division.

You need to stop yapping and spend more time using your head.

Multiple-time/divisional UFC and Strikeforce WW champions/former champions:

GSP, Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Jake Shields, Nick Diaz, Sean Sherk, Carlos Newton, etc.,...

We all know what's good. Dana talks like that for the fans that don't follow the sport like most of us do.
Take it with a grain of salt. It's the entertainment part of the business.

There is NO reason to put Bararo ahead of Aldo in the p4p rankings in the first place, considering Aldo has been defending his belt for YEARS and Renan had only defended it once going into the Dillshaw fight... I said it before Renan lost and it holds.

Like you? Or do we need to link your posts talking about how TJ has no chance.

Barao was top 3 p4p.

Nice try. I never thought Barao was P4P #1. I did however think he would run through TJ.

Next time you try to come at me at least do it right.

Dana White: Renan Barao is the P4P champ, if he beats Faber

Dana White: Renan Barao is the #1 pound for pound, I don't care what the rankings say

[YT]l_0loodB-Dk[/YT]

------------------------------------
How could Barao leapfrog ahead of someone like Jon Jones to "#1 P4P" by beating Faber, someone who he has already beaten?

Many on Sherdog have called this bullshit out before, but it seemed like also there were many on Sherdog who were gullible enough to believe what Dana said... :icon_twis

yea shame on dana for promoting his champion.

THE NERVE OF HIM

No, only the idiots.
Only idiots had him over aldo, jones, cain and mighty mouse.

Only idiots fought he was p4p number 1, after wins over pickett and mcdonald. And 2 crappy early stoppages against wineland and faber.
After watching him fight wineland in the first rought, i knew hes nowhere as skilled as aldo and might mouse. Cruz would have beat him and TJ did.

Barao is very heavy handed, has resonantly good timing and excellent bjj and some of the best takedown defense. But i knew when someone with good stand up and takedown defense would beat barao, too many holes in his stand up. Hes no aldo skillset wise and not as fast or accurate

You guys take this shit too personally. He is a promoter. Dana gonna dana. Nothing to see here

Most of you are a bunch or morons and can't understand that Dana says things to promote the fights. Everytime he says something you sissies cry about it on the internet. Just stfu and talk about the fights.

30-something straight fights undefeated with wins over the best 135ers in the world convinced me he was #1 or 2 p4p. Not dana.

Back