Managers of Tyson Foods suspended for cashing in on the virus by organizing a betting pool

So does that determine if someone dies of COVID? people have died in extreme sports while people watch and betted on it and oh don't forget faces of death selling like crazy ..... don't be such a pussy

I mean...you're a manager and have some dough on the line. You can potentially set policy that affects how many get infected. You can order certain people to work next to each other, etc.

Of course nobody knows any of that happened (hell it probably didn't) but just the POTENTIAL that it could have and the optics are straight up awful.

LMAO....people will bet on anything these days.

benecio-del-toro.gif

I bet Tyson by Tko. Rd.3

Every employee infected should sue the shit out of Tyson foods. Bankrupt the company and management needs to go to jail

I think the obvious issue so many of you are missing it creates an incentive for something other than reduction in covid cases.

I would not want such bets within a company i owned or worked for.

You are asking to much from some of this partisan posters.

Are you one of those guys who makes bets and then says it was a joke if you lose?

When I was in highSchool some one got stabbed in class for that.

I dont know what happened to the stabber.

Chief of police visited the school, after a week police helicopters would swoop in low every now and then.

Its a weird time.

Anyone who has worked in a plant or factory of any kind knows management in these places are often some of the most abusive scumbag assholes walking the planet. A lot of the regular employees are really fucked up as well tbf. These just are not pleasant environments to work in. Stay in school kids.

So does that determine if someone dies of COVID? people have died in extreme sports while people watch and betted on it and oh don't forget faces of death selling like crazy ..... don't be such a pussy
I don't even know where to begin with how retardedly disjointed the comparison between extreme sports people willingly participate in and someone literally gambling on the physical health of people they supervise at a meatpacking plant.

Lol. I tried to start a tontine at work when it looked like the virus was going to be worse than it is.
Figured the survivors should at least have something to look forward to.

It was not a well-received idea, but it did help to convince the MD that we should consider closing the office for a while at least.

Decent lawyer will get him a nice payout.

For what? Iowa is an At-Will state, they can fire his ass and he wouldnt have a leg to stand on. Not to mention Im 99% sure he is completely in violation of company policy.

Every employee infected should sue the shit out of Tyson foods. Bankrupt the company and management needs to go to jail
The rona is a virus, it is just going to spread. You can't stop it. Masks don't stop it from spreading either.

If you go by this, then the whole country sues everybody.

I'm not really sure what they did wrong.

The rona is not an automatic death sentence. People are just going to be exposed to it, that's a fact. Sounds to me like workers just having fun. But it was fun and humor at the expense of the Democrat talking point that everyone who gets the Rona is an inch away from death.

Political Correctness and cancel culture will cause people to lose their jobs. And it will destroy a society

Managers of any major corporate warehouse or factory should not be organizing betting pools on company time.

They should be managing the factory or warehouse.

Gambling in the workplace is very frowned upon in general in the corporate world and at the manager level, you'll like get fired or at least warned if HR finds out you're participating in any betting pools, especially with your subordinates.

The rona is a virus, it is just going to spread. You can't stop it. Masks don't stop it from spreading either.

If you go by this, then the whole country sues everybody.

Incorrect.

Corporations have been taking this seriously a lot longer and much better than most other areas in society because they can be liable if they don't provide a safe working environment. That includes following state and CDC guidelines for the pandemic.

If they're deliberately negligent, they'll be held liable. Even if they're not and you catch it at work, they're still going to have to pay you which they don't like doing either.

Ah the right wing psychopaths coming through in this thread again, no surprise there.

All it takes is for one employee to die, or one to be permanently affected by covid for 1. The thing becomes a national scandal and 2. That person or the person's family to sue the company for possible gross negligence. Why? One manager could relax some sanitary measures to win his bet.

But also, how morally corrupt do you have to be to place bets on people's health and lives?

Maybe those employees should start a pool of their own.

Maybe those employees should start a pool of their own.

LMAO, remember Jim Carey and his "Welcome to the Jungle" lip sync in that movie?

jim-carrey-welcome-to-the-jungle-dead-pool.jpg

Back