1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Managers of Tyson Foods suspended for cashing in on the virus by organizing a betting pool

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Rhood, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Rhood Gold Belt

[​IMG]

The manager of a Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Iowa organized a winner-take-all betting pool for supervisors to wager on how many workers at the facility would contract COVID-19 around the start of the pandemic.

The manager of the Waterloo pork plant, Tom Hart, allegedly set up the sadistic wager as coronavirus spread through the company’s facilities around the globe and workers crowded into the Iowa plant without face masks or other protective equipment

Tyson Foods on Thursday suspended top officials at its largest pork plant amid claims that they had a betting pool on how many workers at the facility would contract the coronavirus during a widespread outbreak.

The company’s president and CEO, Dean Banks, said he was “extremely upset” about the allegations against managers at the Waterloo, Iowa, plant , adding that a law firm had been hired to conduct an investigation.
    “If these claims are confirmed, we’ll take all measures necessary to root out and remove this disturbing behavior from our company,” Banks said in a statement.
    He said the company had suspended “the individuals allegedly involved” without pay, but did not elaborate.
    https://nypost.com/2020/11/18/tyson-foods-boss-had-betting-pool-for-worker-covid-19-cases-suit/

https://nypost.com/2020/11/19/tyson-suspends-iowa-plant-managers-amid-covid-betting-claims/

Meanwhile, management be like.......

[​IMG]

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  2. whippersnapper Banned Banned

I'm not really sure what they did wrong.

The rona is not an automatic death sentence. People are just going to be exposed to it, that's a fact. Sounds to me like workers just having fun. But it was fun and humor at the expense of the Democrat talking point that everyone who gets the Rona is an inch away from death.

Political Correctness and cancel culture will cause people to lose their jobs. And it will destroy a society

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  3. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

LMAO....people will bet on anything these days.

[​IMG]

4. oldshadow Steel Belt

Bad pr but I have seen a lot worse un pc betting pools then this.

5. Legicato Banned Banned

Decent lawyer will get him a nice payout.

whippersnapper likes this.
  6. ShadowRun error Platinum Member

there is celebrity betting on when they will die... people have become so weak and fragile now days no wonder there is a mental health problem.

7. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

Corporations are the scummiest of the scummy.

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  8. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

Imagine thinking betting On your employees living or dying is a normal thing that should be allowed to go on.

9. DrDune Brown Belt

They bet on how many would CONTRACT the virus, which is not living or dying. I don’t really give a shit whether they keep their jobs or not, but they weren’t betting on how many people in the factory would die. There’s a difference.

MetalGearTrump likes this.
  10. Big Nasty Edison Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Just a bunch of good ole boys having a good time.

11. 12ga. Gold Belt

What's the problem? Sue their education. MBAs are taught to be depraved sociopathic individuals. Everything is a commodity.

brackis1 likes this.
  12. evergreenrider Honky-tonk Hero's

13. 44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

You must have missed the part where a dude threw up on the food processing line and they would not let him leave work and that dude was not allowed to miss the next shift.
    I prefer my chicken to not to be covered in Covid filled puke. Were these puke covered chickens sent to Dem strongholds? I mean nothing is funnier than poking fun at a Dem than serving them chicken that set in a puke brine.
    Upton Sinclair ,(Google it Rube) is spinning in his fucking grave.

14. mmascene Cinturón de plata.

If I was a gambling degenerate I would rig the odds in my favor.

15. gtm3 Brown Belt

lol

16. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Not seeing the problem, other than upper management is embarrassed by the fact they were talking up all these spread prevention measures that everyone knew were bullshit.

skaleton and whippersnapper like this.
  17. oldshadow Steel Belt

Where is that stated. The bet was on how many caught it.
    Imagine being so fragile that this upsets you this bad.

18. skysolo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Only in America can executives bet how many of their employees will be stricken with a contagious disease and have miserable, failing clods make excuses for said executives.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  19. 44nutman The Original Nut of Sherdog

This is how fucked up the division in this country is, we got people supporting businesses forcing people who puked on a food processing line during a pandemic to stay on that line and continuing to process food, because Corana is just the Flu, Bro. I don’t give a shit if it was not a Pandemic or “Plandemic” dude puked on a food processing line even if it’s from drinking too much the night before, he gets off the food processing line. That is common sense, fuck Trump Lickspittles are so insecure they have to fucking argue over everything.

Anaconda99, ShinkanPo and nicapica like this.
  20. shockaholic12 Black Belt

Focusing on just deaths is so stupid. ICUs filling up with folks and it’s far from just the elderly. Average costs of these treatments? Same as the average salary of an American. A worker at this plant would likely face financial ruin for their family if they needed an ICU while their manager might win $100 bucks on their tragedy. It’s sick.