Crime Man Commits Suicice By Cop, Idiots Protest Anyway

""Suicide by cop" needs to be used less..

""Suicide by cop" needs to be used less..

If it wasn't such an effective way to kill yourself, people wouldn't do it.

There are military bases all over the country and yet we don't hear about suicide by soldier. We don't even hear about suicide by gun range. The only armed population that is guaranteed to kill you are the police.

There are military bases all over the country and yet we don't hear about suicide by soldier. We don't even hear about suicide by gun range. The only armed population that is guaranteed to kill you are the police.

They're just trying to get suspended with pay for a nice year long vacation.

Unloading on a leg would have made this person much less dangerous.

1) It's a smaller target and harder to hit (compared to shooting center mass).
2) Shooting a guy in the leg does not necessarily fully incapacitate him. He can fall down, produce a gun from his waistband and return fire.

It would have been more heroic to save the persons life. If temporary retreat was possible, or if non-lethal weaponry was available (It always should be) he could have been saved. I'm not overly disgusted with the cops, but I'm not impressed with them either. It was likely a reasonable shooting I wouldn't consider protesting.

I really, really, really do not like the "always shoot to kill" method of policing. Unloading on a leg would have made this person much less dangerous.

You can kill someone with a shot to the leg. This is not a movie. There is no such thing as "Shoot to wound" and there never should be. If a police officer is forced to discharge his/her firearm, it should only be to end the threat.

I really, really, really do not like the "always shoot to kill" method of policing. Unloading on a leg would have made this person much less dangerous.

You don't really believe that movie bullshit about shooting someone in a leg, do you? Besides the fact that shooting someone in the leg is extremely difficult, it doesn't negate them being a threat to you. When discharging a firearm you aim for center mass for the best chance of hitting your target, and on humans that's the torso.

Military bases, in general, have some of the most strict gun control laws in place. Outside of the range you won't ever come across both a weapon and ammunition. Plus, there are no personal weapons allowed on military bases for the average person / servicemember. I'm only stating this because the military isn't really an "armed population" in a day to day aspect. The only time they'll ever have both a weapon and ammo is at the range, or while in combat.

Military bases, in general, have some of the most strict gun control laws in place. Outside of the range you won't ever come across both a weapon and ammunition. Plus, there are no personal weapons allowed on military bases for the average person / servicemember. I'm only stating this because the military isn't really an "armed population" in a day to day aspect. The only time they'll ever have both a weapon and ammo is at the range, or while in combat.

I've visited family on base before and I thought I remember seeing armed MPs, no? Maybe I just assumed they were.

Not saying I support the protests. Just that I think the American public has been sold a lie that there's no way for police to subdue knife wielders non-fatally. We should expect our police to be better.

You can but American police are trained to be one threat level above the subject. Gun>knife. And being any other way would be a disservice to the public. If my family member got stabbed because cops tried less than Lethal options I’d be fucking pissed.

You can but American police are trained to be one threat level above the subject. Gun>knife. And being any other way would be a disservice to the public.

...what? So if police find a way to eliminate knife wielding suspects without using guns, they are doing a disservice to the public?

Not saying I support the protests. Just that I think the American public has been sold a lie that there's no way for police to subdue knife wielders non-fatally. We should expect our police to be better.

You do understand the difference between these and someone coming out of a car after a chase at the cops with a knife.

You know time to set up and get the proper equipment in place.

Also the cops have no guns in these which means the guy with the knife can stab them or anyone else before they can be stoped.

Remember the guy that killed the solder in the UK.

People are so easy to influence via the media. There are about 40 police shootings of unarmed black men in the US every year, 50-60 if you you chuck in the few "unknown weapon" and toy weapon categories. Maybe 100-150 if you add in all races together, about half of which were reaching for a weapon or in the process of attacking someone. Total of about 1000 killed by police every year, about 80-90% of which involve a suspect with a deadly weapon. Yet people extrapolate this miniscule amount of shootings (considering a country of 320m) to represent that all ~700,000 full-time police officers in the US are bad people. To say it's bad logic is the understatement of the century.

Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean innocent either. But even if all unarmed suspects were innocent, it's still a miniscule amount when compared to our national population.

Disagree.... Someone with a knife can close the gap extremely fast. And if you miss with a taser (or a gun), it's over in a matter of seconds.

Extremely graphic video in link below.

Police officers give this guy every chance to drop the knife and when one of them makes a mistake... he took advantage and chaos ensued.

Stopping someone using a taser who's advancing with knife seems like insanity.

Sure, give someone every chance to drop a weapon, but as soon as they start advancing, the decision has been made for you.

People are so easy to influence via the media. There are about 40 police shootings of unarmed black men in the US every year, 50-60 if you you chuck in the few "unknown weapon" and toy weapon categories. Maybe 100-150 if you add in all races together, about half of which were reaching for a weapon or in the process of attacking someone. Total of about 1000 killed by police every year, about 80-90% of which involve a suspect with a deadly weapon. Yet people extrapolate this miniscule amount of shootings (considering a country of 320m) to represent that all ~700,000 full-time police officers in the US are bad people. To say it's bad logic is the understatement of the century.
Yeah there are no other reasons to hate cops besides them shooting unarmed people :rolleyes:

Armchair experts.

I remember when the gorilla got shot in the zoo. I had no idea there were so many gorilla experts, zoologists, tranquilizer gun technicians etc living amongst us.

The internet makes us all geniuses.
That was retarded though

Should've shot the kid

And ffs the mother should be in prison

We also live in a country where police can be sued for using reasonable force to subdue a suspect, and lose. Dead men tell no tales and hire no lawyers.

1) It's a smaller target and harder to hit (compared to shooting center mass).
2) Shooting a guy in the leg does not necessarily fully incapacitate him. He can fall down, produce a gun from his waistband and return fire.

When he produces the gun, or reaches for something that looks like it, you fire.

When you have a gun, and somebody else has a knife, if they are more than 20 feet away you can take a couple shots at the leg to save a life. The way protocol is NOW, If a guy is 30 feet away just standing outside his car, and he won't drop a blade, they shoot to kill.. Why? Especially if there are multiple officers?

I've visited family on base before and I thought I remember seeing armed MPs, no? Maybe I just assumed they were.

They are. I live 3.5 miles from an army base. They guys at the gate are all armed. For 3 years after 9/11 There were guys that had m-16s behind the gate.

You don't really believe that movie bullshit about shooting someone in a leg, do you? Besides the fact that shooting someone in the leg is extremely difficult, it doesn't negate them being a threat to you. When discharging a firearm you aim for center mass for the best chance of hitting your target, and on humans that's the torso.

It Always amuses me when in movies they are like, "The National Guard will be here in 5 minutes locked and loaded!"

....Have they ever had to go through the processess of drawing ammo from supply??? Like not just individuals but the supply sergeant himself has to go like...40 miles away draw it for the unit, then bring it ALL the way back and disseminate it.
dTYFLkE.gif

Back