Crime Man Commits Suicice By Cop, Idiots Protest Anyway

Obligatory

I love watching SC's get tased.

...what? So if police find a way to eliminate knife wielding suspects without using guns, they are doing a disservice to the public?
Yes. Because if the pattycake method fails lives would be at risk

Some people will complain about every shooting no matter how justified.

I'm glad the dude is dead, he endangered all of us for whatever reason he thought was a brilliant one.
Suicide by cops we should all agree is a better way to go than say jumping off an overpass onto some passerbys vehicle. Or say a school shooting and turning gun on self.

In Toronto the police had a guy with a knife locked inside a streetcar ALONE (after he let everyone off without harming them) and they still shot him like 9 times.

Then they tazed him afterwards.

Nice work boys.
Didn't happen like that. Good try though.

Locked in lol.

Cops were at entrance of the bus doors open and crazy guy rushed the door with knife after they repeatedly told said crazy guy to drop the knife

That's why they should pepper spray the hands and taze his left foot. No death needed.
If the stupid cops just shot off his thumbs he couldn't hold a knife

Problem solved

Didn't happen like that. Good try though.

Locked in lol.

Cops were at entrance of the bus doors open and crazy guy rushed the door with knife after they repeatedly told said crazy guy to drop the knife

They had a guy on the streetcar alone.

He already let everyone off without hurting them.

They had a taster and only used it after the killed him.

They had a guy on the streetcar alone.

He already let everyone off without hurting them.

They had a taster and only used it after the killed him.
Clearly the Tazer was used a defibrillator. Clear lol

Yes. Because if the pattycake method fails lives would be at risk

What pattycake method? Oh, you mean anything that doesn't involve a gun is pattycake? Smashing a suspect with a wall of riot shields is pattycake? Smashing their forearm with a steel baton is pattycake?

Cool, well as long as you're not a cop actually out there shooting people you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how backward and uneducated it is.

What pattycake method? Oh, you mean anything that doesn't involve a gun is pattycake? Smashing a suspect with a wall of riot shields is pattycake? Smashing their forearm with a steel baton is pattycake?

Cool, well as long as you're not a cop actually out there shooting people you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how backward and uneducated it is.
Riot shields and shit like that aren't in the trunk of an everyday patrol officers cruiser is the problem with using that as an example.

Riot shields and shit like that aren't in the trunk of an everyday patrol officers cruiser is the problem with using that as an example.

I dunno if you didn't read the whole convo, but I don't wanna have to repeat myself. See my first post on page 1.

Suicide by cops we should all agree is a better way to go than say jumping off an overpass onto some passerbys vehicle. Or say a school shooting and turning gun on self.
As long as no cop is so much as scratched, agree

Not saying I support the protests. Just that I think the American public has been sold a lie that there's no way for police to subdue knife wielders non-fatally. We should expect our police to be better.

Conversely, I think a lot of Americans are under the impression that a knife isn’t really a deadly threat—that it can’t turn deadly for the police officer or the public in a second.

A friend of mine is a cop. He said the scariest moment of his career was entering a home on a call. He was the first on the scene. He walks in and a guy was standing there with a butcher knife, and was covered in blood. He had just murdered two people and was staring down my buddy. Fortunately, the guy stood down when my buddy pointed a pistol at him. I’m really glad my friend wasn’t the feeling the social pressure to “be better” in this situation and subdue him “non-fatally.” Because that probably would have resulted in him being in a fight with a knife-wielding psycho path.

Conversely, I think a lot of Americans are under the impression that a knife isn’t really a deadly threat—that it can’t turn deadly for the police officer or the public in a second.

A friend of mine is a cop. He said the scariest moment of his career was entering a home on a call. He was the first on the scene. He walks in and a guy was standing there with a butcher knife, and was covered in blood. He had just murdered two people and was staring down my buddy. Fortunately, the guy stood down when my buddy pointed a pistol at him. I’m really glad my friend wasn’t the feeling the social pressure to “be better” in this situation and subdue him “non-fatally.” Because that probably would have resulted in him being in a fight with a knife-wielding psycho path.

I argue that our police should be better trained. I'm not saying any one cop is responsible for not knowing how to subdue an armed attacker. I'm saying that our police system itself is failing both the public, who are killed by cops at a higher rate than any population in the world (civilized or developing, afaik), and police officers, who have to deal with the trauma of feeling terror when someone pulls a knife and the trauma of killing those they our sworn to protect.

Many factors to consider in a situation like this. Does it really matter if police knew he was suicidal? Not when this subject is fleeing in a vehicle, which is extremely dangerous to begin with, but he gets out with a knife. No idea if he just stood there, charged officers, or any actions or threats he made at that point. You can’t let that guy get back into his vehicle, where he is more dangerous.

I have a high horse, and his name is “the way UK police handle knife wielding suspects” and I ride him from time to time, pointing out that UK police killed less than ten people in ten year period. That has since changed, but they are doing something right. The US police could learn from them. With that said, UK police don’t have guns to worry about too much, which does change the game. I am a very big proponent of distance and cover-keeping the subject with a knife from being able to reach you while you try to taser or spray his ass. But that is not always an option, and letting this guy back into his vehicle would put more at risk, and I hate the “what if” game, such as what if he threw the knife, started knifing people, etc-but this guy getting back into his vehicle could mean that he has the vehicle as a weapon, plus the ability to drive up to someone and use the knife. Not saying he would, but people live streaming their suicide are kind of capable of a lot of things.

And you have to laugh at the article that discusses “best practices” of having a crisis team to try to talk a person down. Do these crisis teams drop in by helicopter during a chase, because it is fucking stupid to bring that up in this instance. That is just bullshit to criticize the police. “Why didn’t they have a crisis team there?” Well, fucknuts, maybe because it was a pursuit and the teleporter was on the fritz again.

Also, the twin cities has become quite the hub of shitheads and protests the last few years.

If it wasn't such an effective way to kill yourself, people wouldn't do it.

There are military bases all over the country and yet we don't hear about suicide by soldier. We don't even hear about suicide by gun range. The only armed population that is guaranteed to kill you are the police.

They are always accessible. Most people don’t live close enough to an army base to charge the gate.

Back