Crime Man Commits Suicice By Cop, Idiots Protest Anyway

I generally agree with you position here.. But a dude is advancing in range with a machete, and you have a gun on you, you shoot. If you are not alone, and he is just standing there, non-lethal is far better.

Agreed that if you have a gun on you, you shoot. But what if you don't have a gun on you? Is there an equally effective way to handle it?

When I was a teacher, I knew teachers that were just as single-faceted as some cops. Rather than earning respect or using humor or deescalation or situational awareness, they relied on intimidation to get students to comply. Often, this worked. But sometimes it didn't, and they'd end up with a male student twice their size threatening them. Then what?

Then you have to go nuclear and either fight the kid or flee screaming from your own classroom or have a sobbing breakdown and beg for mercy.

That's the same position so many officers put themselves in. They know they have a gun, so they rely on its presence to handle situations. Then when someone says "I don't give a fuck about your gun" or, worse, is more heavily armed and armored, everything goes to shit.

Last edited:
lol you don't? that's what i think is so funny

A cop (who has a family, maybe wife/kids etc.) has a guy running at him with a knife, and I am supposed to expect the cop to pull out a taser, which could potentially be ineffective or he could miss?

nah. Put yourself in the cops shoes. You wouldn't drop his ass right there with a bullet? please. of course you would.

And if your running at someone with a knife why would you get my sympathy?

one of the more absurd things I have ever heard

I've visited family on base before and I thought I remember seeing armed MPs, no? Maybe I just assumed they were.

You know what...I didn't even think about MP's for some reason. They are usually armed so you're correct...when you mentioned military bases for some reason I thought you were trying to say something like all the military members were walking around fully armed and with ammo. Sorry, I'm exhausted tired and my brain is shot right now. Hell, even the Officer of the Day for most units is armed.

Edit:
They are. I live 3.5 miles from an army base. They guys at the gate are all armed. For 3 years after 9/11 There were guys that had m-16s behind the gate.
Correct...gate guards are usually armed as well. As 9/11 was happening we had to send tanks to the front gate of Camp Lejeune armed to the fucking teeth. Totally forgot about that shit, but you brought up a good point.

It would have been more heroic to save the persons life. If temporary retreat was possible, or if non-lethal weaponry was available (It always should be) he could have been saved. I'm not overly disgusted with the cops, but I'm not impressed with them either. It was likely a reasonable shooting I wouldn't consider protesting.

I really, really, really do not like the "always shoot to kill" method of policing. Unloading on a leg would have made this person much less dangerous.
A person who has shot a pistol before would know it’s not that easy to shoot an appendage.

A person who has shot a pistol before would know it’s not that easy to shoot an appendage.
That's why they should pepper spray the hands and taze his left foot. No death needed.

lol you don't? that's what i think is so funny

A cop (who has a family, maybe wife/kids etc.) has a guy running at him with a knife, and I am supposed to expect the cop to pull out a taser, which could potentially be ineffective or he could miss?

nah. Put yourself in the cops shoes. You wouldn't drop his ass right there with a bullet? please. of course you would.

And if your running at someone with a knife why would you get my sympathy?

one of the more absurd things I have ever heard

Did you not see my first post? It is standard practice the world over to handle knife wielding suspects without guns.

If I put myself in the cops' shoes, I would definitely shoot the guy. Because I'm untrained. I don't know any other ways to deal with such a threat and I would probably just be panicking and thinking of ways to not die.

But that's a useless exercise. If I put myself in Khabib's shoes while fighting Dustin Poirier, I would get immediately punched in the head and KO'd and sent to the hospital. Because I don't have Khabib's training.

If police are reacting to situations the same way that untrained civilians are, then what's the point of calling the police? Just call me and let me kill the suspect, it'd be way cheaper.

It Always amuses me when in movies they are like, "The National Guard will be here in 5 minutes locked and loaded!"

....Have they ever had to go through the processess of drawing ammo from supply??? Like not just individuals but the supply sergeant himself has to go like...40 miles away draw it for the unit, then bring it ALL the way back and disseminate it.
View attachment 643075

Lol yeah. When I was stationed on base and the dorms were right across the parking lot from the armory, it still took the better part of an hour for everyone to get recalled and armed.

Okay, thought so.

In which case, I think it was fair of me to consider a military base an "armed" site. Anyone who wants to commit suicide by soldier would be met almost immediately by armed men, yet suicide by soldier is exceedingly rare, if it happens at all.

Most cases of SBC, the suicide is hoping to be a sympathetic case. It’s a lot easier to be sympathetic when killed by the cops, who the general population has at least somewhat of an aversion too (slowing down when driving when you see one, etc). Attack a base or someone or something on base, you’re not gonna get get sympathy. Everyone will just think you had it coming for being so stupid.

I have shot all kinds of guns.
I call BS. I served, and carried every day I was on duty. Simple common sense says you never try to shoot an extremity. Center mass always.

Most cases of SBC, the suicide is hoping to be a sympathetic case. It’s a lot easier to be sympathetic when killed by the cops, who the general population has at least somewhat of an aversion too (slowing down when driving when you see one, etc). Attack a base or someone or something on base, you’re not gonna get get sympathy. Everyone will just think you had it coming for being so stupid.

I'd have to see some evidence about SBC people doing it for sympathy. Seems possible, but I don't know if there's any data to back that up, is there?

In any case, there's far more sympathy in this thread for the cop than the deceased, so that was a dumb strategy if that's what he was going for.

I call BS. I served, and carried every day I was on duty. Simple common sense says you never try to shoot an extremity. Center mass always.

Depends on the situation. Cops duty is kind of to save lives. They often do. I think My measurements have been a bit short itt, however. You can pretty easily transition from aiming at a thigh to midsection of a person is 40-50 feet away, or walking for example.

You know what...I didn't even think about MP's for some reason. They are usually armed so you're correct...when you mentioned military bases for some reason I thought you were trying to say something like all the military members were walking around fully armed and with ammo. Sorry, I'm exhausted tired and my brain is shot right now. Hell, even the Officer of the Day for most units is armed.

Edit:

Correct...gate guards are usually armed as well. As 9/11 was happening we had to send tanks to the front gate of Camp Lejeune armed to the fucking teeth. Totally forgot about that shit, but you brought up a good point.
Also depends on what the FPCON level is. Highest i think has a platoon on base security, weapons red.

People really have some unreasonable expectations of police.

Brandish a knife and fail to follow instructions? You're dead.

Go for a cop's gun. Dead.

Use your car as a weapon. Dead.

This fool leads police on a high speed chase though a residential neighbourhood for facebok likes and now he is in the morgue? Good. Hopefully bodycam vid goes up on PoliceActivity youtube channel so I can watch this retard get filled with lead.

Back