Crime Man Commits Suicice By Cop, Idiots Protest Anyway

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by deadshot138, Sep 10, 2019.

1. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    Wow. That is pretty horrific. But why are they so close!?

I say that as someone who has disarmed three knife wielding suspects in 17 years. The worst was when I grabbed the knife hand of a man that was spitting his throat. He was in the driver side of a vehicle, had tried to drive through a fence into a highway when i jumped on his hood. I was prepared to jump off should he advance, but I wanted to try and talk him down. After I grabbed his hand, a fight ensued as he tried to use the knife. I took a cut across the knuckles and was able to get the knife off of him. He then tried to put the car into drive repeatedly until an officer broke his arm with a baton. I had to call my wife, who was pregnant with my oldest child, and tell her what happened and try to keep her, and myself calm while undergoing aids and hep c testing for six weeks.

Another man had attacked someone with a machete in a crack house. I tackled him from behind and the machete hit the floor and we landed on it. It scalped him and took a nice chunk of dredlocks with the fist sized slice from his forehead.

Now that I have kids, and I am older, I will not casually risk my life in such scenarios. But back then, I was the defensive tactics instructor and taught knife defense, so I always felt a need to “lead by example” and as I mentioned earlier, I have a high horse i get on about UK police disarming knife suspects without guns, and I’ll be damned if a Brit outdoes me-just kidding, I respect the hell out of the way they do it over there.

2. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

I love that last one. P Barnes totally created joinder between that guy and 50,000 volts. “Great speech, but you’re still not coming in” is the best part.

Gregolian likes this.
  3. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Brown Belt

That's all nice and well, but you just showed the successful attempts.

Also, you expect every cop to be a fucking superhero. Would you risk your life like that for their salary? Also, US has a gun culture, so officers are under much more stress than in places where gun violence is much lower.

4. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Possible. Probable, even. But lots of people do live close to military bases. Realistically, though, soldiers are far more careful about shooting than police are and are less likely to straight off a person.

5. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

None of the cops I posted are superheroes. All of them risked their lives. We are talking specifically about knife attacks that have nothing to do with guns.

The fact that I only showed the successful attempts is totally irrelevant. Sometimes people fail. Okay. Training helps minimize that. Which is the entire point of training.

6. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Brown Belt

It’s not irrelevant. It’s a high risk maneuver, regardless of the amount of training. You can’t expect every cop to be able to do this.

Why do you think these videos even get posted? Because they are remarkable, not because they happen every day.

7. ryan3434

ryan3434 Purple Belt

That one video where the cop or security walks down and judo flips the machete weilding guy is pretty awesome.

I don't imagine that's a strategy he'll keep on doing without incident though.

8. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Being a cop is a high risk profession.

Yes, these things do happen every day. Most police officers around the world don't carry guns. How do you think they deal with knives? By running?

Almost every cop I've ever met has disarmed a knife wielding suspect UNARMED, much less with a baton or a team with riot shields. Nothing about these videos is superhuman, or even especially high risk with the right training and tactics. Most cops have had to deal with these situations.

I can post literally dozens of such videos, from all over the world. There is only once country on earth that has dozens of videos of cops shooting civilians.

9. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

It was the right strategy for the right situation.

Which is my point. When all you have is a hammer, everything is getting hammered. When you have an entire toolkit, you can pick and choose the most appropriate tool. We've only given our police a hammer and for some reason people are okay with that.

10. ryan3434

ryan3434 Purple Belt

Who would ever be ok with a cop hand to hand fighting with a crazy machete welding guy.

I just said it was awesome and lucky lol

11. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Brown Belt

Most police officers don't have guns? I don't know what country other than the UK you're talking about, but that sounds like BS. Certainly not true for 90% of Europe.

Also, go visit any knife defence class. They'll tell you that the chances of getting stabbed before disarming anyone are huge, as a matter of fact, they'll teach you that you will get stabbed, and try to make sure you don't get stabbed in vitals.

Civilians? You mean criminals fighting the police or acting as if they have a gun? Obviously the police are going to shoot more people in a country in which gun violence is higher. The chances of them getting shot are also way higher. Also, ever heard of Brazil? Google 'Brazilian cop shoots ..' and you'll find plenty.

12. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

My bad on this. You're right. What I meant is that they don't use guns the way Amerivan police do, which is almost as a first resort toward any violence. Though Indian and Chinese police generally do not carry guns, so that probably accounts for close to a majority of police.

I've trained knife defense. Ironically, the first instruction is always to run away if possible. I've also trained civilian police training. The resources an officer at the law has at his or her disposal are entirely different from what the average bloke has. My knife defense class did not equip me with a radio to call for backup or nonlethal firearms or a bunch of buddies with riot shields. When he learned knife defense while wielding rods or knives ourselves, it actually became quite a bit easier for a trained person to eliminate the threat.

No, I mean civilians wielding a knife. That's what the conversation I was having was about. People were saying that anyone charging a cop with a knife should be shot dead. I posted videos from around the world showing cops handling such situations easily and without injury to a single officer yet people still insist that shooting the person is the best way to handle it.

13. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

14. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

If you assault someone with a deadly weapon then you should expect the person to defend themselves with a deadly weapon.

In fact if the cop turn a k9 on someone with a knife and that person stabbed the k9 I expect and hope the cops shoot that person dead.

15. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

I just don’t think there are enough numbers to gage this by. The police have way more contacts than the military. Hundreds of thousands of contacts per day. So, in that regard, I think the numbers skew towards them not having many fatal incidents. That is just my opinion.

16. San Griente

San Griente Green Belt

I’ve been noticing this for a while, but this is the first time I’ve seen someone else point it out.

When a protest group consistently latches onto the diciest cop-shooting cases and ignores the egregious, clear-cut ones, it’s time to ask what their true agenda actually is.