Crime Maine shooting - 18 dead

I wish I could pinpoint the year when the left did a 180 and became submissive to the Government. Such an odd reversal compared to what they used to believe in. Propaganda is crazy powerful.

It was right around when Obama got in and they all started believing they'd have the presidency forever going forward. They were only anti authority when the authority was telling them not to be gay and not to murder their own babies.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying if they started rolling tanks in US cities, I think a good chunk of the military would defect.

Normal people don't hate their fellow citizens and want to see them all lined up against a wall and shot like you do. It might seem that way sometimes online, but I think most people are still pretty normal.

Mm k so then if half would defect and the scenario would never happen then no need to claim your guns are to protect you from the government , glad I converted another one of you guys

Mm k so then if half would defect and the scenario would never happen then no need to claim your guns are to protect you from the government , glad I converted another one of you guys

That doesn't make sense.

I also like how you didn't dispute that you want right wingers lined up and shot lol.

Wrong, the vast majority of ground forces only carry infantry rifles, as it's the most effective ground combat method period. One only needs to look at what's going on in Gaza to see the optics nightmare of using tanks and bombs against citizens.

If the US had to resort to dropping bombs, or rolling tanks through the streets you can be damn sure that half of the military would AWAL or mutiny. That's the hand only and armed citizenship can force.

Besides government takeover is only one of many scenarios where you may require a means to defend yourself from other armed attackers.
But the argument isn't armed attackers it's to defend against the government. A shotgun or handgun is your best defense against a home invader or getting robbed not a rifle

That doesn't make sense.

I also like how you didn't dispute that you want right wingers lined up and shot lol.
What doesn't make sense? The argument used is the amendment is to protect against a tyrannical government takeover. You're saying such a scenario would never happen. So stop using that argument

What doesn't make sense? The argument used is the amendment is to protect against a tyrannical government takeover. You're saying such a scenario would never happen. So stop using that argument

I'm not saying it would never happen, I'm saying I think a good chunk of the military would defect, making it a drawn out, bloody civil war. You're going to want a rifle during a scenario like that.

A shotgun or handgun is your best defense against a home invader or getting robbed not a rifle

Yeah, man...don't mean to derail your pro gun-grabbing posts, but need to make a correction to the above:

Handguns are great for convenience/being discreet, but they're not the "best defense" against badguy(s) breaking into your domicile.

Carbines>Shotguns>Handguns

Also, while I'm here, It's not "AWAL"...it's AWOL. Absent Without Official Leave. And it's not always what you think. Shit, I've been AWOL once. If someone forgets to ensure that their leave was approved before traveling, technically they're AWOL. It doesn't mean they've become some deserter and are put up on the wall and shot. Sometimes it's just administrative issues.

Alright, you filthy civilians, carry on with your hot takes and scenarios. They're quite entertaining.

But the argument isn't armed attackers it's to defend against the government. A shotgun or handgun is your best defense against a home invader or getting robbed not a rifle

The 2A isn't about home or personal defense. It's about arming a people so they can form militia to defend the free state.

Given that I don't have an issue with handgun bans, but the 2A would need to be repealed for semi-auto rifle bans to be constitutional.

Any followup news? What about the shooter's motives for targeting those businesses?

The 2A isn't about home or personal defense. It's about arming a people so they can form militia to defend the free state.

Given that I don't have an issue with handgun bans, but the 2A would need to be repealed for semi-auto rifle bans to be constitutional.

Yeah, I agree. I personally am a handgun enjoyer, but I don't connect my handgun to my ability to wage war.

In the USA, if handguns were abolished and seized, I wonder what percentage of handgun murders and suicides would convert to rifle deaths.

Yeah, I agree. I personally am a handgun enjoyer, but I don't connect my handgun to my ability to wage war.

In the USA, if handguns were abolished and seized, I wonder what percentage of handgun murders and suicides would convert to rifle deaths.

It's much harder to carry a rifle around with you 24/7 so unplanned murders and suicides would go down dramatically... this might not be many suicides but it's a large percentage of murders.

It's much harder to carry a rifle around with you 24/7 so unplanned murders and suicides would go down dramatically... this might not be many suicides but it's most murders.

I assume that is true. I imagine a number of murders don't happen because the would be killer cools off while going for their gun.

I'd agree this guy shouldn't have had guns after his first mental breakdown. Can't see how every gun buyer in the country can get a psychological evaluation though.
It's a tough one to solve but making that part of initial license issuance and then regular renewals seems like a bar we should all be willing to clear to prevent this and preserve/balance gun ownership.

He already should have been flaged with what happened before he did this. That is were the problem is.

I agree with this. The main problem as a country in the U.S. we are so soft on crime or red flags.

I assume that is true. I imagine a number of murders don't happen because the would be killer cools off while going for their gun.

I would think a similar thing for suicides... I'd be curious to see the stats on how many suicides are spontaneous, where a depressed guy grabs his glock out of his nightstand and offs himself in a moment of heightened depression and anxiety. Not as easily done with a rifle.

Would love to see studies on things like this.

I would think a similar thing for suicides... I'd be curious to see the stats on how many suicides are spontaneous, where a depressed guy grabs his glock out of his nightstand and offs himself in a moment of heightened depression and anxiety. Not as easily done with a rifle.

Would love to see studies on things like this.
You won't see it because for some unknown reason, the NRA has forced the government to stop collecting statistics on him violence. Hmm, I wonder why

<seedat>

Back