Maia vs Askren Confirmed for UFC Singapore + More Fights Announced

Who y'all got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope Maia sends this bum to the minor leagues.

Great matchup! I am very exited about this fight.

This would be the first time for Maia where the best gameplan is to not take someone down or be taken down and to strike.

Askren as usual, takedown and GnP em

Maia by either striking clinic or grappling clinic. This has to be the absolute worst opponent he has fought in years.

I, for one, am happy to see Askren vs Maia . It's definitely a dream match up for grappling fans.

I don't say this often (actually never), but I hope this fight goes to the ground.

Askren has to win this fight or his legacy is finished.Also Ben fights have been amazing so far.Dana should of not been worried.Its so interesting watch such a one dimensional fighter do his thing.

Maia.

This is the last fight on his contract, and a perfect match up for him; a wrestler that will look to grapple (not run away), and has worse striking then him.

Maia will look to end on a high note, and retire. Ben is on shaky legs, Robbie took years off his life, and Jorge CTE'd him too death. Good luck lay and praying, Damien.

They really want rid of Ben. Maia will out strike him or strangle him if he goes for a takedown

I hope this is a stand and bang type fight.. Let Askren show his new striking techniques he's been learning in the gym since his lost to Jorge Masvidal.
This!

Hate Askren, hope Maia KO's him.

Askren 0-3

wtf is going to happen
Is this going to be a stand up fight. Imagine that
i feel like Ben will try to take him down though at least once, it's all he knows

sleeper fight .. but ben should over power him

giphy.gif

for all the regard of maias grappling greatness he tends to get stuck on the bottom whenever hes not facing a scrub

When was the last time the UFC matched up a pure wrestler vs. jiu-jitsu guy? It's interesting.

Back