Maia vs Askren Confirmed for UFC Singapore + More Fights Announced

Who y'all got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to look up who Stevie Ray was, both because that sounds like an alias and he looks like poverty Darren Till

why do so many mma fighters have beady, dead little eyes

5 rounds of Maia on bottom doing nothing.

My prediction if it goes past two. May get a couple sweeps in the first and maybe even a back take but I suspect Ben’s savvy enough to survive that. Maia doesn’t usually finish when he faces other good grapplers. If it goes past two I think he’s going to be too gassed to do anything.

As a maia fan, I would have preferred a 3 rounder, but I know that Maia and his camp believe that 5 rounds will give things a chance to play out more organically. It's likely that Maia gasses, but BJJ takes time and 5 rounds gives Maia more opportunities to grab something.

Without a gi or clothing, all that extra time another good grappler just means that Askren will be a lot sweatier & almost impossible to catch in a submission unless Maia can get him in a choke.

Honestly, Maia vs. Askren is a pretty bad main-event. A co-main-event would have been much nicer. I can't think of a better fight right now that I would prefer, but someone unlike Maia who will gas within two rounds.

im gonna go out on a limb (probably the thiccest, strongest limb of all time) and say this will not end by ko

As a Maia fan ..... just kidding, those don't exist.

That sucks. Hope tickets are 50% off now.

As a maia fan, I would have preferred a 3 rounder, but I know that Maia and his camp believe that 5 rounds will give things a chance to play out more organically. It's likely that Maia gasses, but BJJ takes time and 5 rounds gives Maia more opportunities to grab something.
it's true above all because it's not likely askren will finish him.

Love both fighters but the style vs style matchup almost guarantees a forgettable fight. Maia is on his last fight, Ben is on somewhat thin ice if he can't win and do so somewhat convincingly...
Maia has declined immensely but at his age, no peds etc. You expect him to slow down.

Just a headscratcher of a bout imo.

What's the potential upside scenario?
Why did you get rid of that hot chick in your avatar?

Askren will feel teh K-1 power
HorribleCompassionateIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif
DeadUnequaledAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

3-rounds would have been better but regardless it should be much more entertaining than shevchenko vs carmouche

Could be a snoozefest, could be an interesting and technical grappling match.
Either way I am glad we get to see it. An intriguing style match-up. As much of a classic wrestling vs. BJJ match-up as we are ever likely to get ever again.
And if it wasn't going to happen now, it likely never would have. They both have one foot out the door.

Why did you get rid of that hot chick in your avatar?
A. Ppl kept telling me that she was a ho. I liked her in 10 cloverfield lane and had no clue what they were referencing.
B. I learned to make gifs.
And C. Just to make small conscious efforts to take pussy off the pedestal in minor regards. I'm 31 and too many guys my age are chumps who get angry and fed up with the women in their lives. I think they're too wrapped up in their domestication.

I think it's easier to be disciplined enough to shake them off in small respects instead of letting resentment bubble up and blow.

As to the rest of the fights.

Great match-making for Ciryl Gane, I am glad to see they didn't launch him into a fringe ranked guy too early. I think he has the chance to become a star. Don'Tale is not a good fighter so Ciryl should take this pretty handily.

Look forward to seeing MJ again, and I am glad they've given him an exciting fight where the swanging and banging will be had. I am even more glad he is returning to LW. I am not sure the cut to FW was good for his chin, and he eroded his best asset in the drop to FW - his hand speed advantage. I think we all know now he is a fringe top 10 LW, and as long as he accepts that fact he has a lot of cool fights ahead of him. Going for the belt is going to see him lose lose lose.

Also good to see Sergey Pavlovich have a more appropriate match-up. Pitting him against Overeem in his UFC debut was just fucking cruel, lol. Who debuts against Oveerem? Sure he is a bit hot and cold, but damn when he is hot, he is fucking nasty. Maurice Greene is a big man, and despite his age (33) he has fuck all miles on him so still represents a prospect in the HW division. Both guys have Top 10 - Top 5 potential so i look forward to seeing what comes of this one.

Gane/Mayes could be fun.

The other fights including the main event are meh to me.

Back