Maia vs Askren Confirmed for UFC Singapore + More Fights Announced

Who y'all got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a maia fan, I would have preferred a 3 rounder, but I know that Maia and his camp believe that 5 rounds will give things a chance to play out more organically. It's likely that Maia gasses, but BJJ takes time and 5 rounds gives Maia more opportunities to grab something.
I doubt he gasses this fight. It's not like he has to spam takedowns. This is a fight that's probably gonna be more on his terms.

On paper, this sounds like a fun fight. I hope it turns into a high-level BJJ/wrestling match. I can't wait to watch it.

I’m actually pumped for the main event. I can’t help but favor Maia here. He should be the better grappler and the striker too. The only advantage Askren has is cardio, which might be enough to win a decision since I doubt Maia can submit him. Great matchup. Let the hugging begin!

Know what would be funny, if Maia wins a lopsided kickboxing based decision and Askren looks like a bloodied sausage while the decision is being read out. Ben would need to retire on the spot out of sheer embarrassment - and it's not far fetched, really.

Some interesting bouts there. Going with askren by decision in his bout. Also man, rough fight for Maurice greene

sleeper fight .. but ben should over power him

giphy.gif

Ben is a small WW. He isn't overpowering Maia. He could very well outlast him, though.

Michael Johnson Low key turning in to Luther Vandross

Greg Hardy vs Jarjis Danho has been added to the card.
Danho is 6-1-1 (0-1-1 in the UFC) and fought last in 2016. UFC matchmakers seem very confident in Hardy's fighting abilities...
This night will be building the next generation of HW with Green, Gane, Pavlovich and Mayes fighting on the same card.

Two of the most boring fighters in the history of MMA squaring off, I’m sure this one is gonna be a barnburner

Askren's debacle against Masdival set him up for this real bad match up.

I would have to see how Maia does in scrambles, that is where this will be decided. If he can catch a position during those moments, Askren is done.

Maia Quote on the UFC page when you search for him: " My favorite technique is to submit my opponent without him hurting me or me hurting him."
Well hell thats what all MMA fans want to see right? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

it's true above all because it's not likely askren will finish him.
I dunno. Askren has had only 1 decision in his last 11 fights. Maia is a tough out tho.

Back