Maia vs Askren Confirmed for UFC Singapore + More Fights Announced

Who y'all got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DeadUnequaledAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif
Lucky punch

Screenshot_20190826-100543_Facebook.jpg

My money's on Maia by decision. I think their respective grappling will cancel each other out, culminating in Maia slowly kickboxing his way to an uneventful UD.

Who you got and how?

Maia by out-striking him and and then subbing him after a lazy takedown attempt. This is probably Maia’s best chance to get a knockout.

I hope this is a stand and bang type fight.. Let Askren show his new striking techniques he's been learning in the gym since his lost to Jorge Masvidal.

I hope this is a stand and bang type fight.. Let Askren show his new striking techniques he's been learning in the gym since his lost to Jorge Masvidal.
I think Ben's been sleeping since the start of July.

If anyone seriously thinks that this won’t be a grapplefest doesn’t know how Askren and Maia fight.

Askren only knows one way to fight and that is wrestling people. That’s it, he doesn’t know any other way. You could wake Gunnar Nelson up in the middle of the night, poke him in both of his eyes, tie one of his hands behind his back and put roller skates on his feet, maybe left skate on the right foot and so on and he still would outstrike Askren.

I got nothing against Gunni, just a name that popped in my head!

Maia wants to display his BJJ one last time in the octagon before riding into the sunset. This is the perfect fight for it.

They won’t stay standing for long and I’m gonna enjoy it!

<GinJuice>

Is this a headliner? If so Askren by UD assuming Maia gasses.

Is this a headliner? If so Askren by UD assuming Maia gasses.
This

Maia hasn’t subbed anyone off his back forever (becomes harder with age and loss of speed) and has now turned into pretty much a top heavy grappler which is the last part of your game that Father Time takes from you

Ben by boring extremely conservative top
control mixed in with lots of wall and stall

lool. his back to Singapore

Last edited:
Maia Koes Ben with knee few se s into the fight.
That would be sweet.

I would pick prime Maia all day, but the dude's older than dirt now and gasses after 30 seconds. I think Askren's probably going to out-cardio him.

There's zero chance this turns into a kickboxing match. Askren will dictate where the fight goes, and he's never kept a fight standing. This fight will absolutely be a grappling match. The question is whether Maia can submit Askren. I'm not sure what the answer is, which is what makes this fight interesting. It feels like an early UFC wrestler vs BJJ practitioner match.

I hate Michael Johnson, I hope he loses and goes away for good.

Greene likely gets TKO'd, and Gane vs. Mayes is hard to call.

I mean you're not wrong, whether it's him dominating on the ground or his head hitting the canvas he knows how to keep the fight on the ground
UBfDHyi.png

There's zero chance this turns into a kickboxing match. Askren will dictate where the fight goes, and he's never kept a fight standing. This fight will absolutely be a grappling match. The question is whether Maia can submit Askren. I'm not sure what the answer is, which is what makes this fight interesting. It feels like an early UFC wrestler vs BJJ practitioner match.

Good thinking by Dana. He may be a bald, purple clown and a deplorable liar, but occasionally knows who moves the needle.

Askren is definitely one of Singapore’s most popular MMA figures along with Angela Lee and her brother

This headliner alone makes it better than the previous UFC in SG where 80% of the fighters where coming off a loss.

In any case, won’t be attending it as One puts together much better cards in Singapore and at a fraction of the cost.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
Ben askren by decision.

Take mia down, ground and pound and avoid his sub attempts. Ez

I fear Maia is to old and spent. Didn't look good recently. Askren will take him down, avoid getting tangled, work untill uneventfull UD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back