Reaction score

Demian Maia vs Ben Askren
Michael Johnson vs Stevie Ray
Ciryl Gane vs Don'Tale Mayes
Sergey Pavlovich vs Maurice Greene

Last edited:
perfect market for that fight honestly!

Michael johnson looks terrible in that pic btw

5 rounds of Maia on bottom doing nothing.

UFC be shielding Greg Hardy from Gane..

<209Bitch>

Singapore is Askren country

Maia gonna get 30-24’d

Love both fighters but the style vs style matchup almost guarantees a forgettable fight. Maia is on his last fight, Ben is on somewhat thin ice if he can't win and do so somewhat convincingly...
Maia has declined immensely but at his age, no peds etc. You expect him to slow down.

Just a headscratcher of a bout imo.

What's the potential upside scenario?

Dude's name is Don'Take?

*Don'Tale, not much better

Love both fighters but the style vs style matchup almost guarantees a forgettable fight. Maia is on his last fight, Ben is on somewhat thin ice if he can't win and do so somewhat convincingly...
Maia has declined immensely but at his age, no peds etc. You expect him to slow down.

Just a headscratcher of a bout imo.

What's the potential upside scenario?

Two of the best grapplers in the world going at it.

Askren will feel teh K-1 power
HorribleCompassionateIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

Two of the best grapplers in the world going at it.
And if it's a scramble heavy back n forth where both guys leave it all in there I'll be the first to happily admit I was flat out wrong.
But i fear we're in for a conservative stalemate since Ben needs the W pretty badly and Maia seems to have used his last bit of mojo on Brown/Condit/split dec. Against Mas.

I hope you're right but it has the ingredients to be lackluster.

Dana is probably hoping Ben gets tapped so he can cut him lol

As a maia fan, I would have preferred a 3 rounder, but I know that Maia and his camp believe that 5 rounds will give things a chance to play out more organically. It's likely that Maia gasses, but BJJ takes time and 5 rounds gives Maia more opportunities to grab something.

Back