Maia is back in the title picture

i thought this was a thread about maia being in the picture with the champion(literately a picture) cuz thats about all hes in.

A rematch with DHK sounds good to me

Let's give him the Burger fight.

Or Woodley if he loses to Rory. See what's what.

Maia vs. Ellenberger in a loser gets shitcanned match, tbh. I say that as someone who likes Ellenberger.

He is one of my favorites but he sure as hell aint back to the title picture. WTF?

you have a very selective criteria there

He is spot on.

Maia is clearly just collecting pay checks. The guy was one of the best grapplers in the world and can't even grapple his opponent in something hes done for years without gassing.

He makes way too much money to perform like greased fuck.

His striking is no better from his debut and his grappling is decaying. He has the cardio of an amateur HW fighter.

He fought in his hometown and even they were bored. He barely got any applause after his match.

Like either cut him or give him a severe pay cut and send him to the undercard. He's a waste of time and space on the main card. He's a shoe in to stink up any card he's on.

He's 1-2 in his last 3 fights with a win over an unranked Yakovlev who was making his UFC debut. Forget about 'title picture' - he needs to achieve gatekeeper status first.

Let's see how good Gunnar's grappling really is....

But TS, you're on crack.

After the dominant escapes from his opponent I would have to say a long journey ahead to greatness. Keep pushing though. :icon_lol:

Maia vs. Ellenberger in a loser gets shitcanned match, tbh. I say that as someone who likes Ellenberger.

Decent match, don't think Maia should be cut if he lost though.

Maia's striking and overall fight IQ is too mediocre for him to ever become a champion. I really hope he breaks that wall one day but he's 36 and time is running out. Maia can beast anybody in the UFC the ground on a good day but even at his best he's always looked subpar on the feet and transitioning from striking to grappling.

Back