Maia is back in the title picture

after lombard loses to a top five guy i'd like to see him beat the shit out of maia.

why is his conditioning so bad these days

This.

I really want to know an explanation on how a multiple time world BJJ champion gasses himself out in 5 mins GRAPPLING. Like something hes done for like 30 years and he cant even keep his breath after 5 mins of it.

Like my brain cannot process it.

Like he has to just fight for a pay check. Its clear he doesnt work on conditioning or striking. Doesnt even look like he works on grappling anymore.

ff0nm1.gif

He should fight Jake Ellemb, he's nowhere near title picture he lost 2 and couldnt finish a newcomer

Lol.

Just a year ago Maia was the best thing since sliced bread and would sub anyone, talk about tough times.

In the title picture after beating the #47 WW in the world to put himself on a 1-fight win "streak"?

dafuq?

Maia got the W but looked awful against Yakovlev. Really puts Rory's underwhelming peformance against him in perspective.

i didn't say he should retire. i just don't see maia making any run for a title. he's on the downside of his career.

also your sig is ridiculously out of date.

I agree with everything you just said.

I don't know what fight you were watching but if Maia had the conditioning to get Rory on the ground in the second round I don't know why you would expect Rory to not get sat on. It's not like Maia was pulling a round 2 Carwin or anything. Also the larger point still stands. He has better results in WW than most. Fringe top 8 for sure.

If you're not in the top 10, you're boring or wasting time.

I always enjoy Maia fights.

I do too. His biggest problem in the Rory fight was his cardio, but he also didn't try to push rory up against the fence, which is where maia does his best takedowns. In the third round maia finally got rory against the fence, and sure enough he sent rory for a ride. Wish he hand went for the clinch game in round two, he could have won the fight.

I don't know what fight you were watching but if Maia had the conditioning to get Rory on the ground in the second round I don't know why you would expect Rory to not get sat on. It's not like Maia was pulling a round 2 Carwin or anything. Also the larger point still stands. He has better results in WW than most. Fringe top 8 for sure.

Thats just sad when you don't even have the conditioning down to hold a man down in your strength.

Theres no excuse for how long he man has been grappling to just burn out like that in his own game. Thats just pathetic. Maia should be straight up ashamed of himself from his performances as of late.

No, Maia pulled a round 2 Carwin in round 3.

I do too. His biggest problem in the Rory fight was his cardio, but he also didn't try to push rory up against the fence, which is where maia does his best takedowns. In the third round maia finally got rory against the fence, and sure enough he sent rory for a ride. Wish he hand went for the clinch game in round two, he could have won the fight.

Maia found little offense while on top of Rory.

Maia found little offense while on top of Rory.

I agree, but he was in control, and he could have been in control a lot longer If he tried to work the clinch game.

Except he beats at least half the top 8… Nice one.

Here are the rankings via UFC.com

Champion : Johny Hendricks
1 Robbie Lawler
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Matt Brown
6 Hector Lombard
7 Jake Ellenberger
8 Demian Maia
9 Dong Hyun Kim
10 Tarec Saffiedine
11 Kelvin Gastelum
12 Mike Pyle
13 Gunnar Nelson
14 Ryan LaFlare
15 Erick Silva

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

I really want you to name those Four people from the top 8 that Maia beats. Lets see what ya got.

Back