Maia is back in the title picture

I wouldn't consider a comfortable decision over an unheralded Russian, enough to put him back in contendership.

Maia bores the living fuck out of me nowadays. The exciting submission whiz is long gone, we're left with a decision king who doesn't take many risks and is involved in way too many snoozefests.

A performance that makes Temazepam seem ineffective by comparison? Grant him an immediate title shot and a raise post haste.

Love Maia but I don't see a title shot being all that close.

I wouldn't consider a comfortable decision over an unheralded Russian, enough to put him back in contendership.

Maia bores the living fuck out of me nowadays. The exciting submission whiz is long gone, we're left with a decision king who doesn't take many risks and is involved in way too many snoozefests.

Maia is more of a positional grappler than a sub wiz (at least nowadays). He is right in there with Shields and Askren as far as excitement goes. If he was the BJJ/sub god that some claim him to be, he would have a lot more submission wins in the UFC. He gets top position on many opponents and rarely gets a sub. He puts positional clinics on for sure but locking up submissions in MMA is not his strong suit.

Not quite. He looked good against a game guy though even though he couldn't finish

Back