Media Magomed Ankalaev nearly retired after Paul Craig loss: ‘You can say I had the worst loss in UFC’

Some have a pillow to seek comfort in, some have God. I don't know what's worse, or if they are equally as sad.

It has to be disheartening to know you did everything right, you were the better fighter and you were winning, but 1 slip, mistake or lapse in concentration can mean you end up losing.

It's not quite the same but look at Izzy and Usman, both were winning high profile title fights, until the last round when they got put away.

This I'd also what makes watching MMA so enjoyable, knowing that at any time, almost anything can happen

Idk why but it always rustles my jimmies when guys attribute their wins or losses in cage fights to god.

Delusion to think that The Almighty would care about who wins or loses in the UFC, or caring about MMA-fights whatsoever.

It has to be disheartening to know you did everything right, you were the better fighter and you were winning, but 1 slip, mistake or lapse in concentration can mean you end up losing.

It's not quite the same but look at Izzy and Usman, both were winning high profile title fights, until the last round when they got put away.

This I'd also what makes watching MMA so enjoyable, knowing that at any time, almost anything can happen
Yep. You can come in there with an undefeated record,defending your title for the 28th time,all the credentials,but it can all be gone in a heartbeat. Soon as that bell rings,you have to PROVE it again.

Losses for Dagestanis must be the worst, because it is all they have to live for in that shitstain of a country.

As a Sherdogger, the ice in my veins and JBG in my heart tells me to disregard all answers to the human condition that our lame ancestors came up with. Mother always said you can't keep delegating personal responsibility all your life.

Really don't get where he's coming from, honestly.

I think you missed the point, tough guy. But I've actually been to Fortune before.
Nice! Then you know where it is and likely have seen me, come back and let’s get some work in. I don’t need to be a “tough guy” in all fairness you were the one trying to fight someone on an online forum im simply talking about some friendly sparring which I do multiple times a week with some of my best friends (for many years). I am not coming from a place of malice just healthy competition which I’m all about. I’ve been on these forums for many years and have invited people to train dozens of times sherbro. Untwist your panties and just come back and train sometime.

Tbh that loss didn’t take too much away from ankalaev. He won the whole fight and made one mistake at the very end. Now he’s about to fight for the belt and Craig is barely hanging on with each passing fight in the ufc.

I was responding to someone and their homophobic post not out of pride but in defense of ignorance. He quotes me to spar him as an open invite, it can both be polite and off the mark but thats just my opinion.

Im not opposed to swinging by Fortune and getting work in when I'm back in town from holidays though, but my ass is out of shape. Always good to know someone at a gym.
To be clear I’m not a gym bully, if you were to actually come by I would greet you at whatever level your at. If you are high level we can do that but if you aren’t I would help you out (or any sherbro for that matter) I train with weekend warriors and high level pros and everything in between. I would likely just do bag work (light sparring or whatever you want) then hit the weights with you and introduce you to a bunch of people. I’m far from an asshole in real life. Feel free to come by after the holidays it’s a dope ass gym I’ll introduce you to some world champs in the boxing world and some up and coming prospects as well. You would enjoy it thoroughly especially if you have some experience.

To be clear I’m not a gym bully, if you were to actually come by I would greet you at whatever level your at. If you are high level we can do that but if you aren’t I would help you out (or any sherbro for that matter) I train with weekend warriors and high level pros and everything in between. I would likely just do bag work (light sparring or whatever you want) then hit the weights with you and introduce you to a bunch of people. I’m far from an asshole in real life. Feel free to come by after the holidays it’s a dope ass gym I’ll introduce you to some world champs in the boxing world and some up and coming prospects as well. You would enjoy it thoroughly especially if you have some experience.

I was being crass towards what I perceived as a bit of a homophobic remark, making a joke that I was gay and would beat him up. To me it seemed like you chose the wrong bridge to stand on but it's text and Sherdog, doesn't matter and now I'm glad we ended up with this dialogue. Might actually hit you up though, Fortune is really close to where I'm at since moving back.

Lol Bro the whole atheist edge lord era was 10 years ago, it’s 2022 nobody cares for your dumb anti-religion opinions.
How the fuck was I anti religion, Fuckwad?

Ah man, he pulled out the god excuse on his first loss, can’t use it for the second one.

Looks like Ankalaev is ragequitting on this second loss

Back