Media Magomed Ankalaev nearly retired after Paul Craig loss: ‘You can say I had the worst loss in UFC’

Alot of people in here bothered because they don't understand religious views in the first place. If they did, they'd know that it isn't about God caring about the results of the fight itself. The idea is that he cares about the believers and their journey and growth. Sometimes these things are benefited by a loss, no matter how much one might want a win at the time.

It really isn't much different than saying God influenced the direction of a marriage or job decision. Don't misconstrue it as if these guys are saying God gets joy out of certain results because he is an MMA fan.

Those who hate all of these concepts... fine, good for you, but ultimately everyone is going to have their own beliefs and there are highly intelligent (and stupid) people on all sides of the topic.

Last edited:
That's because you don't understand religious views in the first place. If you did, you'd know that it isn't about God caring about the results of the fight itself. The idea is that he cares about the believers and their journey and growth. Sometimes these things are benefited by a loss, no matter how much one might want a win at the time. It really isn't much different than saying God influenced the direction of a marriage or job decision. Don't misconstrue it as if these guys are saying God gets joy out of certain results because he is an MMA fan.

Those who hate all of these concepts... fine, good for you, but ultimately everyone is going to have their own beliefs and there are highly intelligent (and stupid) people on all sides of the topic.

I hate none of those concepts. I'm not frothing at the mouth enraged over it. I just think Ankalaev lost because he got caught in a triangle, not due to his personal religious journey. Just like when a guy wins, it's because he was better than his opponent, not because his god willed him to do it.

You're making a shit load of assumptions about me for finding it a little annoying listening to people connecting cage fighting with religion.

I hate none of those concepts. I'm not frothing at the mouth enraged over it. I just think Ankalaev lost because he got caught in a triangle, not due to his personal religious journey. Just like when a guy wins, it's because he was better than his opponent, not because his god willed him to do it.

You're making a shit load of assumptions about me for finding it a little annoying listening to people connecting cage fighting with religion.

I actually made very little assumptions about you. Beyond the first couple sentences I wasn't even addressing you... then I changed my post to omit you completely several minutes before you even responded, so you must have been working on that awhile. Your post wasn't unreasonable, but it was the most recent one that seemed to demonstrate the misunderstanding I mentioned.

Ummmm... he wasn't being a tough guy. He actually handled your aggression very tactfully and without discernable ego.

I was responding to someone and their homophobic post not out of pride but in defense of ignorance. He quotes me to spar him as an open invite, it can both be polite and off the mark but thats just my opinion.

Im not opposed to swinging by Fortune and getting work in when I'm back in town from holidays though, but my ass is out of shape. Always good to know someone at a gym.

I was responding to someone and their homophobic post not out of pride but in defense of ignorance. He quotes me to spar him as an open invite, it can both be polite and off the mark but thats just my opinion.

Im not opposed to swinging by Fortune and getting work in when I'm back in town from holidays though, but my ass is out of shape. Always good to know someone at a gym.

Nothing he said was homophobic, or even ignorant. It is pretty much a fact that most men would be more embarrassed to get their ass kicked by a gay dude than a straight dude. You can be offended at it, but it is still just as true. To call the truth ignorance is, in fact, ignorant.

I actually made very little assumptions about you. Beyond the first couple sentences I wasn't even addressing you... then I changed my post to omit you completely several minutes before you even responded, so you must have been working on that awhile. Your post wasn't unreasonable, but it was the most recent one that seemed to demonstrate the misunderstanding I mentioned.

Yeah, I do not understand what we're talking about at this point. And I'm saying that in a non sarcastic way lol. I think we're on completely different wavelengths right now.

Nothing he said was homophobic, or even ignorant. It is pretty much a fact that most men would be more embarrassed to get their ass kicked by a gay dude than a straight dude. You can be offended at it, but it is still just as true. To call the truth ignorance is, in fact, ignorant.

There's a lot of issues with this logic and tons of conflation but I get where you're coming from. We can disagree.

Yeah, I do not understand what we're talking about at this point. And I'm saying that in a non sarcastic way lol. I think we're on completely different wavelengths right now.

That's fair. Like I said though, my post was never directed at you specifically beyond the first couple sentences. I could tell you weren't frothing at the mouth.
<RomeroSalute>

That's fair. Like I said though, my post was never directed at you specifically beyond the first couple sentences. I could tell you weren't frothing at the mouth.
<RomeroSalute>

No harm, no foul sherbro. You made very valid points.

That first paragraph makes him sound like a weak-willed lunatic lol.

Alot of people in here bothered because they don't understand religious views in the first place. If they did, they'd know that it isn't about God caring about the results of the fight itself. The idea is that he cares about the believers and their journey and growth. Sometimes these things are benefited by a loss, no matter how much one might want a win at the time. It really isn't much different than saying God influenced the direction of a marriage or job decision. Don't misconstrue it as if these guys are saying God gets joy out of certain results because he is an MMA fan.

I am not religious,but I do believe some things cannot be explained only with logic. Its easy to poke holes in people talking like this from your couch,but i think is impossible to deal in only logic in your life. The human condition isnt always logical,cant always be logical. If it was people wouldnt fight for a living in the first place.

God

To do:

[ ] end hunger
[ ] peace on earth
[x] alter the results of a non title mma fight
[ ] make stars and galaxies and shit

If two people pray to win then God must ignore the prayer of one. Which he does anyway. The Bible mentions several times that he predestines outcomes based on his will.

I see his point. He brutalised a solid fighter and still got caught right at the death. I love Craig, do or die nutter. But Ankalaev beats him 9.5/10 times they fight and finishes him 9 times!

That's mma though!
Yeah but your logic is flawed he fucking lost and got finished.

Kinda, yeah. He pretty much said it was due to the "almighty" though. I've got no issue with people being religious, it's just one of those things I find to be a little annoying to listen to in regards to cage fighting.

I get what you mean. Like why would God care about a fight... I guess God could be a fight fan lol

Religion is a personal thing. Some believe, some don’t. But to true believers “God’s Will/Plan” is a real thing. Everything good or bad happens for a reason, and “God works in mysterious ways”. That’s for all of life, including mma/sports.

I’ve seen a few “based on a true story” lower budget movies where a High School coach brought religion into the locker room. Can’t remember any of the titles. But it’s interesting to see how that can take hold of a team. And even spread throughout a whole school or town.

I respect people’s beliefs, as long as they aren’t massive hypocrites about it. Don’t talk the talk unless you walk the walk. Believe whatever you want. And I’ll believe what I want.

The funny thing is they can't even prove that God doesn't exist. God can be defined by many different things. It's not really about a person up there watching down from the heavens. Science and everything about space, everything about the creation of life, creation of the universe is all related to the idea of God. People just call it different names. Some call it science while others call it religion, it's all tied in together.

If people really want to get mind fcked they should really study the scientific theories on free will, fate, butterfly effect, chaos theory, multiverse, other dimensions, dark matter, etc. That's actual science. So if people want to hate on religion like it's make believe, then have them look up the actual science and scientific theories.
Everyone is free to believe whatever they want, but the “You can’t prove God doesn’t exist” is one of the worst arguments ever. It’s impossible to prove something doesn’t exist and that would mean everything goes. What is your evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t exist? The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. If they don’t want to, that’s fine too. But don’t expect others to take it seriously then.

That was a very bad loss for him. If he had hanged on for 1 second he would have still won 30-27.

Back