Lunges, yes or no?

A couple months ago I had the flu. While moving 1 lb of beef, a bowl of spinach, two bananas, and lots of milk the wrong way I was contemplating which was worse.... split squats or puking.

Further experimentation is required.

Volunteers?

Ever heard of front squats or OH squats?

So you think it's smart to do Back squats, front squats, and OH squats than to do back squats and other hamstring/glute assistance exercises? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would disagree with you

A couple months ago I had the flu. While moving 1 lb of beef, a bowl of spinach, two bananas, and lots of milk the wrong way I was contemplating which was worse.... split squats or puking.

Further experimentation is required.

Volunteers?
Puking is a good ab workout - oops, I mean core workout.

I had my worst reflux episode ever the other night and finished it off with a bit of puking/dry heaves - if you get the right squeeze, you can feel your internal organs.

So you think it's smart to do Back squats, front squats, and OH squats than to do back squats and other hamstring/glute assistance exercises? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would disagree with you
Depends on where you're weak.

I put in single-leg squats on a platform because my stupid quads were failing me, but if your hams were the big trouble, you'd do GHRs and SLDLs or Romanian DLs.

Oh yeah, lunges suck because most folks don't do them right.

Try single-leg squats on a platform so you can go ass to grass on your uni-lateral work.

Did anyone see the DL walkout thing they had in Mens Health (I honestly get it for my wife, so don't even start on me)?

Basically:
  • Start with the bar supported about knee height.
  • Unrack.
  • Take a couple of steps back.
  • Set the weight down.
  • Do your DLs.
  • At the top of the last rep, step back to the rack.
  • Rack the bar.
Seems to make sense for DE days or folks who don't ME DL.

Why complicate things? Unless you're doin' rack pulls, just start with the bar on the ground like a man.

I'm not really into lunges, but that's mainly because my right knee is gay; I can control the drop a lot better with squats than I can with unilateral movements like lunges.

Why complicate things? Unless you're doin' rack pulls, just start with the bar on the ground like a man.

Stability and core work for free - more or less.

You do your DLs from the floor, you just move the bar to get there.

Lunges are good. I prefer bulgarians though, but you could just mix it up.

I believe the heavy walking lunge has more across the board benefit then heavy squats.

I believe heavy walking lunges has more benefits across the board then heavy squats. JMO

i dont know how anyone can say lunges arent worth doing

i'm not currently doing them but i've done them a lot in the past

I believe heavy walking lunges has more benefits across the table then heavy squats. JMO

Studies show that doing Lunges helps work out your uvula.

Unilateral leg exercises are teh sex for combat sports.

Back