Lunges, yes or no?

Overhead lunges will own you worse than overhead squats, they suck majorly.

Overhead lunges will own you worse than overhead squats, they suck majorly.

Wow, I like the sound of those.

I do BW lunges before every one of my workouts as a dynamic stretch/warmup.

I've never not done a non-lunge workout

I love lunges, I couldn't imagine doing a leg workout without them. They are definitely secondary to squats though.

Seriously, who ever voted against should just be put in a life raft and placed in the middle of the Atlantic ocean!

Agreed. Hey, why is "Lunges are not good" in italics on the poll?

It's just people not wanting to put in the extra hard work of a lunge, i mean it's probably the second most beneficial movement and first being squats because of the massive stretch you get at the bottom and contraction at the top, and the quads get virtually no break throughout the movement, also you have no machine restrictions, you can lunge for 5 kilometers if you like and use as much weight as you want. I remember when i first started lifting and people didn't want to do them because they where hard and i was one of three people( apart from a bodybuilder and a powerlifter) doing them and i managed to work my way up to some decent lunging weight, and so did my deadlifting and squating went up, now with MMA training you would be retarded NOT to perform it!

Bahhh, lunges are metro, Jackie does that shit on 'Workout'.

It's just people not wanting to put in the extra hard work of a lunge, i mean it's probably the second most beneficial movement and first being squats because of the massive stretch you get at the bottom and contraction at the top, and the quads get virtually no break throughout the movement, also you have no machine restrictions, you can lunge for 5 kilometers if you like and use as much weight as you want. I remember when i first started lifting and people didn't want to do them because they where hard and i was one of three people( apart from a bodybuilder and a powerlifter) doing them and i managed to work my way up to some decent lunging weight, and so did my deadlifting and squating went up, now with MMA training you would be retarded NOT to perform it!

*slowly blinks*

So did nobody get my joke about "They are not good" being in italics?

Yes, lunges are good. Particularly when done by hot chicks.

Back