Longest You or Someone You Know Stayed at a Job

My MIL has been at the same Job for 52 years. I've been self employed for about 30 years myself. I'm a stayer. I find something that works for me and I stick with it! :p

Is that government mandated?

By law if thats what you mean

Like you earn vacation days based how long you work

I dont remember how it was but like 3 weeks of working is one day of vacstion or some shit

Before my current career of 12 years, I stayed at my previous job for a good decade. Outside of summer jobs when I was kid, I've had pretty stable job security. At least in terms of my own tolerance. Only had a few in those early years that I absolutely hated. Namely a greenhouse(I hate working outdoors), and fast food(holy shit, that gig sucked hard).

A family friend's Father I Knew of worked as a roofer for 50 years. Anybody that has ever done roofing can understand that is insane.

Last edited:
Longest is current one. 2 years, 8 months. Which is pretty sad. Plus I hate it.

I'm 37 btw.

18 and a half years at the same company for me. I work with at least 10 people that have been there for 40+

As far as companies go I'd say I have a pretty good track record. Never been with a company/org for less than 2 years, highest being 8.

Longest I've seen in my line of work was 40 years.

I've worked at the same hospital for 12 years doing similar job duties as I've always have, but worked for 3 different contracting companies and 2 federal agencies. I could see myself continuing to work here until I retire assuming we decide to stay in the area, however I wouldn't mind going back to my previous fed agency. They seem to care more about their employees, more flexible, gives more bonuses and best of all I can get 3 hours of 'exercise time' per week. Maybe one day I'll come back if the opportunity arises.

Back