Lombard on title shot: "One fight at a time", "I want it to just be my hard work."

I'm claim, so my demeanor doesn't have much to do with anything. I'm not the one constantly crying about some made up issue for months now lol. I think you know the facts so you should probably claim down and finally just stop all the complaining & trolling as if you can't grasp what happened.

So, move on.

I was looking at the 1st page wondering what everybody was so upset about...? I was assuming this thread title must've been different and people were just going off that. But it's ridiculous either way that people were jumping to some conclusion that Lombard was demanding a title or whatever, he was saying the exact opposite of what people were complaining about lol. My goodness Sherdog.
EXACTLY...why didnt anyone read the OP...too lazy?...lol...shertards at work i suppose.

I tend to badmouth Lombard pure and simply because of the unrealistic expectations his fans have of him but other than that I look forward to more of his fights, would like to see him fight at least 2 more times until they feed him to anderson

He said he wants to fight the best guys to earn a title shot and people on here are bitching about it. Wow. What a horrible thing to say...lol. This forum is so bizarre.

He loses to Okami. Give him one more shot after that with Bisping/Vitor loser...and if he loses...let his contract expire.

No point paying him his highly inflated rate.

I haven't heard one person make the claim that Lombard won that fight except a athletic commission judge and we all know how good they are at picking winners.

then i am #2.

Lombard fought poorly, but definitely should have won that fight, as horrible as it was on both sides.

2142482_o.gif

All you do, and how did he steal peoples money for those fights. It takes 2 people to fight and Anderson showed his regular display for 3 rounds and then it became annoying for rounds 4 and 5. That's not all his fault Maia and Leites could have said "You know what I'm down in this fight, maybe if I just charge at him I can finish him" they didn't though so they danced around looking stupid for 10min.

You probably think the champ who was up 3 rounds should have went in recklessly to finish the fight don't you? If so it just shows the blind hate, no other champ has done that but AS is supposed to. People praise GSP when he hasn't given us a finish since 1978.

So, he gets booed by the crowd, then Dana says he never felt so embarrased before and doesn't even show up to put the belt around Anderson's waist when he was declared the winner. Then Silva has to apologize to Dana and the fans in the press conference, and yet you believe it wasn't Anderson's fault?

OK

And if there's someone who get's bashed for not finishing fights is GSP.

I'm claim, so my demeanor doesn't have much to do with anything. I'm not the one constantly crying about some made up issue for months now lol. I think you know the facts so you should probably claim down and finally just stop all the complaining & trolling as if you can't grasp what happened.

So, move on.

I know the facts perfectly.

Silva refused to fight Weidman for no reason, said he would be out for a year, then when a chance to fight a low tier opponent came up, he took it right away. Then fanboys made tons of excuses.

Fact is, no grown up educated person could ever believe that a fighter would risk everything only to save a card and please the fans. The world doesn't work that way. Silva saw an opportunity to have a low risk/high reward fight, a good paycheck, and easy W for his record and took it. That's it. There's wasn't anything brave or heroic about it like the kids claim.

If he was asked to fight someone like Rashad or Shogun he would have never accepted, ever.

Actually the fight was never officially offered to Silva. Dana White said Weidman is going to have to wait in regards to that fight. That's why Weidman vs Boetsch was setup.

Facts suck when you're a Silva hater, don't they?

AH: Has the UFC asked you or Anderson to fight Chris Weidman next?

JG: Yeah, they mentioned it, but we don

Last edited:
then i am #2.

Lombard fought poorly, but definitely should have won that fight, as horrible as it was on both sides.

dude has no idea what he is talking about. There has been literally dozens of people who stating they fought Lombard won. I also though Lombard won.

So, he gets booed by the crowd, then Dana says he never felt so embarrased before and doesn't even show up to put the belt around Anderson's waist when he was declared the winner. Then Silva has to apologize to Dana and the fans in the press conference, and yet you believe it wasn't Anderson's fault?

OK

Silva refused to fight Weidman for no reason, said he would be out for a year, then when a chance to fight a low tier opponent came up, he took it right away. Then fanboys made tons of excuses.

Fact is, no grown up educated person could ever believe that a fighter would risk everything only to save a card and please the fans. The world doesn't work that way. Silva saw an opportunity to have a low risk/high reward fight, a good paycheck, and easy W for his record and took it. That's it. There's wasn't anything brave or heroic about it like the kids claim.

JG: Yeah, they mentioned it, but we don’t think it makes sense.

AH: So you’ve turned it down?

JG: Yeah, true.[/I]

http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-...ially-turns-down-fight-against-chris-weidman/

Facts suck when you're a blind fanboy.

You do know how the business is done right? Nevermind, obviously not. The company sometimes talks amongst the Champion and throws names out or the Champ throws names out to see who's next sometimes unless the UFC is dead set on a match up. GSP gets no gripes from me about "ducking" Hendricks because, well...I actually understand the business and how it works, plus I'm just not an idiotic fan like you with bias that blinds me. If that was an official offer, Dana would be further pushing and pursuing the fight like he always does. No different than if he really wanted Hendricks/GSP, but he doesn't. Business happens, s deal with it and stop bitching like a little bratty girl who can't get her way.

OK

If he was asked to fight someone like Rashad or Shogun he would have never accepted, ever.

JG: Yeah, they mentioned it, but we don

Since it now doesn't matter whether you earn a title fight or not- you don't even have to win nowadays- I would like to see Anderson fight Lombard next if Bisbing loses.

I don't even like him, due to his constant trash-talking, but he is a good striker with great judo. A good, powerful striker facing off against Anderson will be guaranteed fireworks. If not then a no.1 contender fight between him and a healthy weidman.

Wtf? Holy shit, you are really fucking dumb.

If LHW was so stacked and strong, why did a middleweight have to come up

Vitor's last top win at 205 was in 2004, against Randy, and it was a fluke.
Chael has a losing record at 205 in the UFC.

If you were smart enough you would realize that they are not being given title shots because of how good they are.

Also, that MW did better than almost every LHW that Jones has fought so far :redface:.

Machida did better than Vitor. He may actually have won a round as opposed to Vitor, who only did good for 5 seconds.

That has nothing to do with anything, they still were handed their title shots. You really make no sense. It's okay, you are slow and can't create a valid argument to save your life.

Fixed.

You know it's not a coincidence that LHW gatekeepers are the elite of the MW division, and that Anderson's greatest opponents are barely given a chance against Jones.

Well, I hope Lombard pulls together a string of wins, earning himself a shot at Anderson Silva.

He needs new opponents and Lombard is no joke.

You do know how the business is done right? Nevermind, obviously not. The company sometimes talks amongst the Champion and throws names out or the Champ throws names out to see who's next sometimes unless the UFC is dead set on a match up. GSP gets no gripes from me about "ducking" Hendricks because, well...I actually understand the business and how it works, plus I'm just not an idiotic fan like you with bias that blinds me. If that was an official offer, Dana would be further pushing and pursuing the fight like he always does. No different than if he really wanted Hendricks/GSP, but he doesn't. Business happens, s deal with it and stop bitching like a little bratty girl who can't get her way.

So you understand the business, good. Now please tell me something, and try to be honest, do you think Anderson Silva took the fight against Stephan Bonnar to save a card?

wow a Fedor fanboy shitting on Anderson. I've never seen this before. It's amazing how often they blast Anderson for picking and choosing opponents and for fighting in a weak weight class. Especially when the same things are so obviously true about Fedor. I sometimes wonder if being a hypocrite is mandatory for Fedor nuthuggers.

I'm not really a Fedor fan, and i certainly didn't bring him to this thread, it was you.

Vitor's last top win at 205 was in 2004, against Randy, and it was a fluke.
Chael has a losing record at 205 in the UFC.

If you were smart enough you would realize that they are not being given title shots because of how good they are.

Machida did better than Vitor. He may actually have won a round as opposed to Vitor, who only did good for 5 seconds.

Fixed.

You know it's not a coincidence that LHW gatekeepers are the elite of the MW division, and that Anderson's greatest opponents are barely given a chance against Jones.
You are a terrible troll :icon_conf

When did I say that was the reason? LHW is so thin that it has to get contenders from other divisions lol V

Machida did better? Wow. Machida ended up unconscious on the floor in the 2nd round. The judges gave Jones the first round. Vitor nearly broke Jones' arm and lasted until the 4th round.

Not at all lol Munoz is not the elite of the division neither is Stann or Boetsch. That has been proven when they were exposed for what they really were. You really have no point to make :redface:

Of the common opponents Anderson and Jones have, Anderson has finished them much easier and impressively.

You are a terrible troll :icon_conf

When did I say that was the reason? LHW is so thin that it has to get contenders from other divisions lol V

Machida did better? Wow. Machida ended up unconscious on the floor in the 2nd round. The judges gave Jones the first round. Vitor nearly broke Jones' arm and lasted until the 4th round.

Not at all lol Munoz is not the elite of the division neither is Stann or Boetsch. That has been proven when they were exposed for what they really were. You really have no point to make :redface:

Of the common opponents Anderson and Jones have, Anderson has finished them much easier and impressively.

Putting up a fight for 2 rounds > putting up a fight for 5 seconds.

It's irrelevant how much time Vitor survived because he was only doing that, trying to survive. Who do you think the fans would favor the most in a rematch, Machida or Vitor?

I think you know the answer.

So who are the elites?

Bisping? he became #4 MW after beating Leben and losing to Hendo, Wandy and Sonnen
Vitor? he couldn't hang at 205. The fact that you have to rely on 5 seconds in a fight says a lot. You have nothing to hype Vitor.
Chael? he has a losing record at 205 in the UFC
Weidman? Anderson already ducked him.

So?

So you understand the business, good. Now please tell me something, and try to be honest, do you think Anderson Silva took the fight against Stephan Bonnar to save a card?

We had the info that Silva was looking to step up and fight a lhw before Bonnar even took the challenge. Some people saw that all unfold in real-time here on Sherdog. Not only that but it was in Brazil, so why would you speculate otherwise unless you have something against him...? So yes of course, most rational & unbiased MMA fans seem to understand that.

Last edited:
We had the info that Silva was looking to step up and fight a lhw before Bonnar even took the challenge. Some people saw that all unfold in real-time here on Sherdog. Not only that but it was in Brazil, so why would you speculate otherwise unless you have something against him...? So of course, most rational & unbiased MMA fans seem to understand that.

So now we both know you don't know about business.

We had the info that Silva was looking to step up and fight a lhw before Bonnar even took the challenge. Some people saw that all unfold in real-time here on Sherdog. Not only that but it was in Brazil, so why would you speculate otherwise unless you have something against him...? So yes of course, most rational & unbiased MMA fans seem to understand that.

don't even bother. Silva haters don't even understand what rational or logical mean.

Lombard was on an extremely long win streak, the Boetsch fight ruined everything.
If he beats Okami and more 1 top 10 (Bisping, Weidman?) then give him a title shot.

Back