Lombard on title shot: "One fight at a time", "I want it to just be my hard work."

watch Okami and Belfort win their next fights, with Weidman out that would be the like Cain and Bigfoot winning, screws up the division.

I guess they would probably fight if that was the case.

i would love to see Vitor vs Lombard

Silva always faces who the UFC puts infront of him, Dana said he wasn't sure if Weidman would get the next shot after the Munoz fight. Time to let go and heal...

If Lombard gets past Okami I'd love to see Lombard v Weidman to see who gets a crack at Silva.

No shit Dana wasn't sure. Getting a title shot sometimes depends on how a fighter performs, and Weidman completely destroyed Munoz.

Then the fight was offered to Anderson. Not surprisingly, he said no, and fought Bonnar a month later.

No shit Dana wasn't sure. Getting a title shot sometimes depends on how a fighter performs, and Weidman completely destroyed Munoz.

Then the fight was offered to Anderson. Not surprisingly, he said no, and fought Bonnar a month later.

Munoz isn't much of a fighter. Did Anderson pursue Bonnar? No. He fought him on a 3 weeks notice to save a card. Oh and Bonnar was ranked higher than Vera :wink:

Broken record why don't you try something new? If the UFC really wanted the fight it would have happened. And then we'd all be let down because Chris is going through some health issues.

And you act like he wanted the Bonnar fight, UFC 153 would have been canceled if Silva and Nog didn't step up to the plate.

Munoz isn't much of a fighter. Did Anderson pursue Bonnar? No. He fought him on a 3 weeks notice to save a card. Oh and Bonnar was ranked higher than Vera :wink:

It's MW. Fighters like Munoz often become top ranked. Don't blame the fighter, blame the division, it's terribly weak. Still Weidman has done more than the big majority of Silva's opponents.

Broken record why don't you try something new? If the UFC really wanted the fight it would have happened. And then we'd all be let down because Chris is going through some health issues.

And you act like he wanted the Bonnar fight, UFC 153 would have been canceled if Silva and Nog didn't step up to the plate.

The UFC did want the fight. They didn't offer it to Anderson for no reason. It's not the first time a champ ducks a contender.

As for Silva saving a card, it's pretty cute you kids really believe such a fighter would put everything on the line just to save a card. Outside the world of silly fanboism, he knew it was a low risk high reward fight, a good paycheck and another W in his record.
If he really cared about the fans perhaps he shouldn't have stolen their money when he fought Maia and Leites.

Last edited:
It's MW. Fighters like Munoz often become top ranked. Don't blame the fighter, blame the division, it's terribly weak. Still Weidman has done more than the big majority of Silva's opponents.

You just can't stop saying stupid shit, can you? Munoz' biggest win was over Chris Leben. He shouldn't have been in the top 10 and everybody knows that. You say MW is so weak yet the last guy to fight for the LHW title was a MW and the guy that's fighting for the title next is... guess what... A MIDDLEWEIGHT. Hell, WW must be pretty damn weak if Kampmann was a #4 WW :icon_lol: I mean, he did start at MW after all...

You just can't stop saying stupid shit, can you? Munoz' biggest win was over Chris Leben. He shouldn't have been in the top 10 and everybody knows that. You say MW is so weak yet the last guy to fight for the LHW title was a MW and the guy that's fighting for the title next is... guess what... A MIDDLEWEIGHT. Hell, WW must be pretty damn weak if Kampmann was a #4 WW :icon_lol: I mean, he did start at MW after all...

Bisping became top #4 MW after beating Leben and losing to Henderson, Wanderlei, and Sonnen. That's how MW works, it's weak, you can't argue with that.

Vitor was a replacement fight for Henderson and Sonnen is handed big fights because he's a big draw. Nobody believes they are threats to Jones, nor that they deserved their shot.

Jezus Christ man, get over it. You should know the circumstances by now. Your beginning to annoy EVERYBODY with this nonsense and crying.

Lombard's got enough of a chin to get in close against Anderson and work his judo.

Could see him giving Silva some trouble.

The UFC did want the fight. They didn't offer it to Anderson for no reason. It's not the first time a champ ducks a contender.

As for Silva saving a card, it's pretty cute you kids really believe such a fighter would put everything on the line just to save a card. Outside the world of silly fanboism, he knew it was a low risk high reward fight, a good paycheck and another W in his record.
If he really cared about the fans perhaps he shouldn't have stolen their money when he fought Maia and Leites.

2142482_o.gif

All you do, and how did he steal peoples money for those fights. It takes 2 people to fight and Anderson showed his regular display for 3 rounds and then it became annoying for rounds 4 and 5. That's not all his fault Maia and Leites could have said "You know what I'm down in this fight, maybe if I just charge at him I can finish him" they didn't though so they danced around looking stupid for 10min.

You probably think the champ who was up 3 rounds should have went in recklessly to finish the fight don't you? If so it just shows the blind hate, no other champ has done that but AS is supposed to. People praise GSP when he hasn't given us a finish since 1978.

omg sherdog proves again that so many idiots exist what are you guys on about? he doesn't call anyone out he says he wants to earn his shot and take it one fight at a time . Also Lombard was robbed in his debut won in all aspects of the fight although a boring fight the fractured sternum would be the reason for that and
also Boetsch running away the whole fight.

I'm convinced alot of people here are special ed - they have the capability of reading one sentence i.e the title, and then their brain
temporarily shuts down and they start typing based on what they read.

Yeah Hector is doing things the proper way around - unlike Weidman. At least when Sonnen called out Silva he had beat Filho, Miller, Marquardt and Okami.

Actually the fight was never officially offered to Silva. Dana White said Weidman is going to have to wait in regards to that fight. That's why Weidman vs Boetsch was setup.

Facts suck when you're a Silva hater, don't they?

Calm down.

I'm claim, so my demeanor doesn't have much to do with anything. I'm not the one constantly crying about some made up issue for months now lol. I think you know the facts so you should probably claim down and finally just stop all the complaining & trolling as if you can't grasp what happened.

So, move on.

I'm convinced alot of people here are special ed - they have the capability of reading one sentence i.e the title, and then their brain
temporarily shuts down and they start typing based on what they read.

Yeah Hector is doing things the proper way around - unlike Weidman. At least when Sonnen called out Silva he had beat Filho, Miller, Marquardt and Okami.

I was looking at the 1st page wondering what everybody was so upset about...? I was assuming this thread title must've been different and people were just going off that. But it's ridiculous either way that people were jumping to some conclusion that Lombard was demanding a title or whatever, he was saying the exact opposite of what people were complaining about lol. My goodness Sherdog.

Read the article, he's not calling out Silva or saying he should get a title shot. He's saying that realistically he's not going to get Silva so he needs to work his way back up
Thank you....none of these dummies even bothered to read the OP. Most of the comments in this thread are nonsense because the poster doesn't even know what Hector Lombard said ffs. There are like 5 or 6 of us in the whole thread that actually read his quotes.

to be fair, I think hector would smash boetch in a rematch, neither of them really did anything in the first fight bc of outside factors influencing both of their performance. I think Lombard is a dangerous fight for anyone, hes hard to take down bc of his balance and hes dangerous on his feet.

btw for those who didn't read hes not calling out silva, he said he knows he won't get silva for awhile

Bisping became top #4 MW after beating Leben and losing to Henderson, Wanderlei, and Sonnen. That's how MW works, it's weak, you can't argue with that.

Vitor was a replacement fight for Henderson and Sonnen is handed big fights because he's a big draw. Nobody believes they are threats to Jones, nor that they deserved their shot.

Wtf? Holy shit, you are really fucking dumb.

If LHW was so stacked and strong, why did a middleweight have to come up? Also, that MW did better than almost every LHW that Jones has fought so far :redface:

That has nothing to do with anything, they still got their title shots. You really make no sense. It's okay, you are slow and can't create a valid argument to save your life.

2142482_o.gif

All you do, and how did he steal peoples money for those fights. It takes 2 people to fight and Anderson showed his regular display for 3 rounds and then it became annoying for rounds 4 and 5. That's not all his fault Maia and Leites could have said "You know what I'm down in this fight, maybe if I just charge at him I can finish him" they didn't though so they danced around looking stupid for 10min.

You probably think the champ who was up 3 rounds should have went in recklessly to finish the fight don't you? If so it just shows the blind hate, no other champ has done that but AS is supposed to. People praise GSP when he hasn't given us a finish since 1978.
so i guess u have blind hate for GSP??? I hear u talking but u aint saying anything bra..

Actually the fight was never officially offered to Silva. Dana White said Weidman is going to have to wait in regards to that fight. That's why Weidman vs Boetsch was setup.

Facts suck when you're a Silva hater, don't they?
actually it was offered to his manager Ed Soares and he said anderson did not want the fight...so yeah..ur facts suck.

Back