Lombard on title shot: "One fight at a time", "I want it to just be my hard work."

Nothing wrong with trying to shit-talk your way into a fight with Silva I suppose. Look at how it worked for Sonnen.
He talked his way into the Jones fight but he earned both Silva fights and has a better recent resume at MW than a lot of guys who are talked about for a MW title shot.
Read the article, he's not calling out Silva or saying he should get a title shot. He's saying that realistically he's not going to get Silva so he needs to work his way back up
Just further proof that most Sherdoggers don't read the OP and just respond to the thread title.
I love his attitude. He by no means deserves a shot vs Anderson, but he just says "fuck it" and and says he'll just beat everyone until there is no question. Gotta respect that.

I'm not even a fan of his and I like this excerpt of his. Its good to see some guys calling out the tough fighters instead of trying to fast track to a title shot.

Lombard is a very bad match up for A. Silva. Very few people can see this tough.

Actually, I don't think either guy did much that fight. It was pretty bad, and I didn't see either one put in any real danger. In a slow uneventful fight like that, I don't give either one credit for coming to fight. It really just boiled down to the fact that Lombard couldn't land while Boetsch could. Boetsch deserved the nod.

I don't really get how someone could feel passionately about Lombard getting fucked over by judges in for a performance like that. He did almost nothing and was clearly ineffective from what I was watching.

If one guy is backing away for the entire fight while doing almost nothing, that doesn't get him the nod over the other guy who is at least trying to finish the fight. Also, again Lombard landed some head strikes and takedowns which to me, were worth more than anything Boetsch did.

i have no idea why everyone dislikes lombard. he talks no more trash than nick diaz and everyone likes him

If he Beat Okami then give Weidman when hes back for title eliminator

I like it.
realistic, and without the BS.

I wish other fighters would be the same way.

With this fight I'm of the same logic as to why non-insecure-Anderson fans demand Bisping vs Anderson... I would like to see Anderson KO him (Lombard in this instance) because I dislike the guy but also acknowledge Anderson would just tool him so it is basically not a good fight in the big picture. Anderson is stylistic poison to Lombard imo. Unless grappler Lombard tried to show up, but I don't think he'd take Andy down even then.

In a universe where superfights don't exist and Weidman stays injured forever? Yeah I'd like to see Anderson KO him and it'd be a fun fight to make.

People will still hate on him. It's good honesty, but like the first page of comments already say, people love to shit on him no matter what. One bad fight and everyone likes to talk like they knew he was horrible.

LOL @ someone with a 70" reach being a bad matchup for Silva.

silva-chonan.jpg

This guy would love to fight Okami and Bisping then call out Anderson.

LOL @ someone with a 70" reach being a bad matchup for Silva.

Just need to leave that guy alone, according to him everyone that has even the smallest amount of hype has something for Silva

I personally want Bisping to fight AS because I welcome any opportunity to see Bisping be humiliated and brutally KTFO

Just need to leave that guy alone, according to him everyone that has even the smallest amount of hype has something for Silva

On the other hand, anyone that looks like a threat doesn't deserve to fight Anderson (Eg. Weidman), but anyone that looks like a favorable match-up does (Eg. Bisping).

Indeed he has to deserve the TS. But anything is better then watching Weidman get a chance:rolleyes:

On the other hand, anyone that looks like a threat doesn't deserve to fight Anderson (Eg. Weidman), but anyone that looks like a favorable match-up does (Eg. Bisping).

Silva always faces who the UFC puts infront of him, Dana said he wasn't sure if Weidman would get the next shot after the Munoz fight. Time to let go and heal...

If Lombard gets past Okami I'd love to see Lombard v Weidman to see who gets a crack at Silva.

Back