Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez possible September 19

Bud Crawford has been much closer to putting on "perfect" performances than Canelo. Canelo arguably lost both GGG fights, and he has a slew of controversial decisions behind him. Don't get me wrong he's a great fighter, but its his amazing branding thatehhas put him in the category of Floyd/Loma, not his fighting.
eh, every great fighter has critics who says he didn't deserve a decision at some point in his career.
Also can't see that Crawford has fought the level of competition Canelo has, If Canelo fought guys like Rocky Fielding and Liam Smith every time out, he'd look flawless too. When Crawford actually fights a top level guy, he'll be in tough too.

eh, every great fighter has critics who says he didn't deserve a decision at some point in his career.
Also can't see that Crawford has fought the level of competition Canelo has, If Canelo fought guys like Rocky Fielding and Liam Smith every time out, he'd look flawless too. When Crawford actually fights a top level guy, he'll be in tough too.
They have a mutual opponent in Khan (who you recently said is similar to Lomachenko). Crawford was dominant against him while Canelo was being handily outboxed until he managed to set him up for the KO. Crawford fought a lesser version of Khan but he also didn't have Canelo's considerable size, strength & power advantages. Crawford actually broke Khan and made him quit (low blow-assisted or not).

They have a mutual opponent in Khan (who you recently said is similar to Lomachenko). Crawford was dominant against him while Canelo was being handily outboxed until he managed to set him up for the KO. Crawford fought a lesser version of Khan but he also didn't have Canelo's considerable size, strength & power advantages. Crawford actually broke Khan and made him quit (low blow-assisted or not).
eh, Canelo knocked him dead. Khan quit against Crawford from a low blow.

eh, Canelo knocked him dead. Khan quit against Crawford from a low blow.
How about the rest of their respective performances? Crawford handled him easily, Canelo didn't. Both finishes came in the 6th round. Khan also had to move up in weight to fight Canelo so him getting knocked dead isn't exactly surprising especially given his fragile durability. The difference in the Crawford fight was that it wasn't a size mismatch.

How about the rest of their respective performances? Crawford handled him easily, Canelo didn't. Both finishes came in the 6th round. Khan also had to move up in weight to fight Canelo so him getting knocked dead isn't exactly surprising especially given his fragile durability. The difference in the Crawford fight was that it wasn't a size mismatch.
I'd prefer to be known as the guy who KO'd him vs the guy who won with a low blow.

bro Khan is ass who cares how he lost
if your resume has to list Khan has a big name (Crawford's does, Canelo's doesn't) then that is a bigger issue

Fair enough about Crawford's resume, but I don't know of a top rated P4P today who has a higher number of controversial decisions than Canelo. The guy seemingly gets every advantage possible from judges.

I'd prefer to be known as the guy who KO'd him vs the guy who won with a low blow.
Nah, Khan was looking for a way out. It's clear why, he was being outclassed and outgunned. Why not just give Crawford his credit?
TELEMMGLPICT000194788527_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqvf93cyop1gpr4w56dB_PHGqehLkK9LGwjp6hD3g9bH4.jpeg

Fair enough about Crawford's resume, but I don't know of a top rated P4P today who has a higher number of controversial decisions than Canelo. The guy seemingly gets every advantage possible from judges.
I really think the only outrageous scorecards are the super wide card from one judge in the first Golovkin fight and the draw vs Floyd, both from judges with history of questionable cards.

I will when you pretend Khan was a great win for Canelo.
Why would Khan be a great win for Canelo? You said so yourself in the past it was a size mismatch but that wasn't the case when Crawford fought Khan. Unless you believe that somehow Crawford and Canelo are the same size?

I really think the only outrageous scorecards are the super wide card from one judge in the first Golovkin fight and the draw vs Floyd, both from judges with history of questionable cards.

GGG 2 had some bad scorecards too. As did the Lara fight.

Reactions: Ruv
Bud Crawford has been much closer to putting on "perfect" performances than Canelo. Canelo arguably lost both GGG fights, and he has a slew of controversial decisions behind him. Don't get me wrong he's a great fighter, but its his amazing branding that has put him in the category of Floyd/Loma, not his fighting.
Yeah but Canelo's opponents have been much better than Crawfords. Level of opposition counts.

Yeah but Canelo's opponents have been much better than Crawfords. Level of opposition counts.

Fair, but not only has Canelo *not* dominated his toughest opponents, he arguably lost the majority of his toughest fights if not for some home cooking.

Fair, but not only has Canelo *not* dominated his toughest opponents, he arguably lost the majority of his toughest fights if not for some home cooking.
Well at least he has had tough opponents. Let's see he's fought GGG twice, Kovalev, Jacobs, Cotto and Floyd. Who has Bud fought that was tough? But I won't argue that he's had some questionable scorecards in his favour and I think Crawford is wasting his talent but who is to blame for that?

Well at least he has had tough opponents. Let's see he's fought GGG twice, Kovalev, Jacobs, Cotto and Floyd. Who has Bud fought that was tough? But I won't argue that he's had some questionable scorecards in his favour and I think Crawford is wasting his talent but who is to blame for that?

I can't hate on Canelo for ducking tough opponents, the dude has a good resume. All i'm saying is he shouldn't be presented as some kind of generational talent. In a fair world he'd have 4 losses on his regard. He's a hall of famer no doubt, i just think his brand is better than his talent.

I can't hate on Canelo for ducking tough opponents, the dude has a good resume. All i'm saying is he shouldn't be presented as some kind of generational talent. In a fair world he'd have 4 losses on his regard. He's a hall of famer no doubt, i just think his brand is better than his talent.
Perhaps. But a lot of people have him as a clear P4P number 1. After Floyd I think he has a good claim, although I think Loma surpasses him purely on what I've seen because of the dominance of his wins. But I have to admit Loma doesn't have a win against opponents of the calibre that Canelo has fought. The Lopez fight though could change all that though. If Loma humbles Lopez, as I think he will, then I think he should be P4P number 1 by quite some margin.

I thought both fights were pretty clear wins for Canelo, honestly.
I thought the first GGG-Canelo fight was 8-4 GGG, arguably 9-3. I don’t think it was particularly close. Their second fight I can see going to Canelo, personally I thought GGG edged it. The judges simply refused to credit GGGs defense, he blocked so many of Canelo’s punches but the crowd would erupt anyway and sentiment always went to Canelo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back