Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez possible September 19

Exciting. Lopez has a real shot at the upset.

Kind of agree. He's the bigger man and the more explosive athlete. Younger too. Loma is certainly more skilled boxer and will dictate the pace and range of the fight.

In my opinion this is not only the most interesting fight in boxing-- but the most interesting fight in all of combat sports for the next 12-24 months. Youth, Size, Reflexes-- versus, Experience, Skill, Footwork. It's a tough fight to call, but if Loma's able to maintain his focus and not drop his guard he'll beat Teofimo.

But again, as we saw in the Linares fight, Loma can be prone to get lax when he feels like he's got a guy figured out... which could lead to a knockdown... or worse.

Ah I really hope so! Been looking forward to this for some time now. Damn that pesky virus....

Kind of agree. He's the bigger man and the more explosive athlete. Younger too. Loma is certainly more skilled boxer and will dictate the pace and range of the fight.

In my opinion this is not only the most interesting fight in boxing-- but the most interesting fight in all of combat sports for the next 12-24 months. Youth, Size, Reflexes-- versus, Experience, Skill, Footwork. It's a tough fight to call, but if Loma's able to maintain his focus and not drop his guard he'll beat Teofimo.

But again, as we saw in the Linares fight, Loma can be prone to get lax when he feels like he's got a guy figured out... which could lead to a knockdown... or worse.

Yeah I favor Loma to win a decision, but I'm not counting Lopez out. If nothing else, I expect Lopez to give him a tough fight. If Loma happens to have an off night, Lopez could capitalize.

Yeah I favor Loma to win a decision, but I'm not counting Lopez out. If nothing else, I expect Lopez to give him a tough fight. If Loma happens to have an off night, Lopez could capitalize.

Yeah, i've been following Lopez the last few months and he's become a fucking beast... like legit a Light Welter already. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a fight night weight of 155+ against Loma come September. The kids a specimen, and skilled.

IMO, if Loma beats him he's unquestionably the #1 p4p number guy -- unless Canelo takes out a guy like Beterbiev, Benavidez, or Plant in more impressive fashion.

I want to believe it, but the virus is expected to come back hard on September.
The second wave they've been talking about and all that...

edit: taking this to the p4p thread

1ezbPu.gif

imgres

Nothing against Lomachenko but I would love to see Lopez upset him. I just feel like that would kickstart a lot of great matchups around that division.

I wonder how long Lopez has on his TR contract. Whoever wins, id just like to see them out from underneath Bob. I blame Mikey for going to 147 permanently and not fighting Lomachenko, but that fight was almost always impossible to make because of Arums (very bad) relationship with Garcia. And Garcia is just another in a long list of guys that have dumped Bob for not treating them well.

When you look at the kind of fights Loma and Crawford usually get lately, we can make excuses like they’re being ducked, but there’s a common denominator here. And it’s not much of a secret that people in the industry don’t like dealing with him.

imgres

Nothing against Lomachenko but I would love to see Lopez upset him. I just feel like that would kickstart a lot of great matchups around that division.
yeah there are some real talents in the division. No matter if Loma beats Lopez he has Haney Tank and Garcia to contend with and some good guys could move up from 130.

Lost in all this is that the OP is following Rosie Perez.

yeah there are some real talents in the division. No matter if Loma beats Lopez he has Haney Tank and Garcia to contend with and some good guys could move up from 130.
Like @Shoemaker said these guys these guys have trouble fighting across promotions. But for some reason I think a guy who looks more beatable toppling Lomachenko can open up some doors in regards to match-ups. Also, Teofimo is a solid guy (if you're not too bothered by the post fight celebrations)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back