LOL @ one of the greatest fight of MMA History

Yeah, it was pretty mediocre all around.

Any top 10 fighter would have seen that glass body and finished Brown.

It just blows my mind that a guy can gas so badly in the first round of a five round fight. How can you be that poorly prepared for the sport you compete in? Its pretty embarrassing for the sport to be honest. Its like a marathon runner having to start walking after 50 feet because he is too tired to run any more.

(yeah, yeah, apples and oranges. I'm not a fighter, blah blah blah blah...)

I been watching mma a long time. That fight was top shelf. Sick fight

There's always someone who just can't stand it when other people are pumped up from an entertaining fight.

Go to bed, stop ruining things for other people.

my guess is those that are saying it's one of the best fights ever in the UFC haven't really watched many uFC fights.

Yeah. It's a joke. RD1 was the most competitive. Even then pretty obvious for Matt finishing strong. RD2 was arguably a 10-8.

Still loved the fight though :D

War The Immortal

If this was the greatest, so was the Chris Beal one. That beats this fight in awfulness, this one has an edge in entertainment though.

The first round was really amazing, but the entire fight is not even close to be the greatest.

Sherdog fans cannot be satisfied.

This^^^^

Everyone has a right to an opinion. But to hear some say there was nothing technical about the fight tells me there are still a lot of mma fans that really don't understand the sport and have clearly not practiced, mma. Yes there we're brawling aspects of the fight, it was clearly a dog fight, but there was some great scrambles and to say that Browns striking is not technical is clearly overlooking his most efficient strikes, most notably his elbows from the clinch. Silva's cardio can be questioned, yet the pace of the fight would explain some of this. It was a torrid encounter to say the least which justifies the bout the be held in such high regard. Rd 1 is clearly in contention for round of the year, and if there are better fights yet to come this year, then i am excited for the rest of 2014, because this was clearly the most exciting fight of 2014 to date. Anyone that says a back and forth fight, that has scrambles, submission attempts and an enormous amount of strikes landed with near finishes by both fighters, is not a great fight is clearly not an educated fight fan.

Average performance by Brown and awful performance by Silva.
It was entertaining tho.

Average performance + awful performance does not add up to entertaining. I have enormous trouble understanding this type of lack in logic where this sport is concerned.

This, the fight was OK but come on. I give it to Brown he showed heart, but if it weren't so one-sided then maybe.

Yeah it turned out to be a touch one sided, but there we're always times where Silva looked like he could steal back momentum.

Very very few fights get my heart racing and make me actually shout out loud at the TV while watching. The last time I can remember shouting as loud as I did during the glorious combat ass whooping Brown started putting down at the end of round one was when Leben subbed Akiyama. The fight was an incredible display of violence.

Don't care where it ranks on anyone's "best ever" lists, this fight brought all the sauce and that's all that matters.

Agree, Silva gassed out and Brown was having trouble finishing a guy who was more dead than alive.

Great performance from Brown, but "greatest fight" not really. Good beatdown and beatifu muay thai from Brown. Love the volume.

Very very few fights get my heart racing and make me actually shout out loud at the TV while watching. The last time I can remember shouting as loud as I did during the glorious combat ass whooping Brown started putting down at the end of round one was when Leben subbed Akiyama. The fight was an incredible display of violence.

Don't care where it ranks on anyone's "best ever" lists, this fight brought all the sauce and that's all that matters.

You my friend just made being here tonight worth it, best reply to this thread so far.

Back