LOL @ one of the greatest fight of MMA History

Maybe the greatest UFC fight ever. The skill level was very good. The action was explosive and non stop. The fight could have ended with Silva the winner, but the local boy got time to recover and came back to win in front of the home crowd and now ready for a title fight or title eliminator fight. Also, I don't think Silva gassed, I think he got hit repeatedly with fists, elbows, knees and shins. Brown's aggressive pace and accuracy were stunning. His transitions on the ground were exceptional. Great fight. Legendary fight. Greatest UFC fight ever? Probably. Listen to the announcers, they were very much digging this fight and many of them are fighters or former fighters who know what they are talking about. R1 was definitely the greatest round ever.

I can agree with that for sure but in this particular fight I'd say it's a bit harsh to criticize Silva for the cardio as it seemed like he was badly hurt more than anything else.

I agree, maybe a little harsh.

Fun fight but I wouldn't even call it fight of the year

It was entertaining but no where near the greatest fight of all time. Not even top 50. It was competitive for a round but as soon as Brown had recovered it was a one sided beat down.

Not even top 100 greatest fights in UFC history.

It was a sloppy, ugly brawl with no strategy or tactics. The worst part was that Erich blew his wad after 2 minutes of action and was in pure survival mode after that, getting beatdown by a guy who can only do one thing: Move forward and throw wild haymakers.

One of the greatest fights do not necessarily have to be technical. I think it was an amazing fight and both guys got beat down badly. Awesome fight for sure, but it of course isn't the same as e.g. Shogun-Hendo 1.

That first round was one if the best ever.

The first round was really incredible. Both fighters hurt. Some great technical grappling. The rest was just a one sided beat down. I kept hoping Silva would rock Brown and they'd go back and forth. I was disappointed.

Fight of the Night? Yes!!!

One or the greatest fights of all time? No.

one of the best first rounds definitely, too one sided after that though ..kinda like when you're just waiting for the finish and wondering why it's taking so long

It had that old school MMA feel that's been missing from most fights. Haven't seen a guy mounted and actually take damage in a long time, it's always one guy gets mount and then the other guy starts shrimping out, and then the guy with mount gives up on the beat down to maintain position. Same thing with the final exchange against the cage, you don't see many finishes there anymore, whereas you used to see that a lot. The just-bleed gods gorged last night

This wasnt even a great fight let alone one of the greatest.

Ufc fight commentators are sounding like idiots ghese days.

Definitely not one of the greatest fights in MMA history. But it was thoroughly entertaining.

This wasnt even a great fight let alone one of the greatest.

Ufc fight commentators are sounding like idiots ghese days.

not enough slipping of punches,bouncing footwork,jabs ,working body punches or dat oh so special technique for ya
Black-Guy-Really-GIF.gif

Probably top 5 fight of the year so far but it's only May.

By December everyone will remember it as a fight where Brown had trouble finishing a gassed out Silva.

It was good for one round.

I lost interest late in the second when I realized both guys were gassed out and started looking like garbage.

not enough slipping of punches,bouncing footwork,jabs ,working body punches or dat oh so special technique for ya

Not enough competition. A one sided beatdown that should have ended in round 1 is not a great fight.

Back