LOL @ one of the greatest fight of MMA History

Meh they always say that after a really entertaing fight.
THAT WAS GREATEST FIGHT IN UFC HISTORY!!!!!!
NOW I'M GOING TO EXPLODE

it was a good fight where Silva almost finished brown. Brown got back tho and laid down a beat down!

Herb not stopping the fight after that liver kick was awesome to!

Why do people act like great fights can't be subjective and appreciated for their own merit?

The first round was great. I was shocked that Silva managed to stay on his feet throughout the second though.

Kenny Florian completely oversold the fight from the start. I hate when commentators keep saying during the fight "this is one of the greatest fights I've ever seen!!!" over and over. It sounds so fake. People know they're watching a great fight, you don't have to keep telling them it; and if you keep taking breaks from calling the action to tell people it, then chances are it isn't one of the best ever anyway. Give it a fuckin rest.

I don't see what Kenny brings to the action. He's very dry and scripted in the booth. I don't think he provides any notable technical insight; nor does he have the enthusiasm of Rogan to make up for any shortcomings. He's a company man and all, I get it; but they can do better. In fact, some of his technical analysis irks me. For example: his insistence to call almost all guillotines "high elbow guillotines!!!" despite the fact that a lot aren't. He's calling it just plain wrong. I got a list, but I'll stop there.

Anik and Florian are seriously horrible. It's always a bummer when there's an exciting fight and these two guys have to call it.

Anik saying that was just hype. It would be like saying JDS-Carwin was one of the best fights in history.

I thought Horiguchi/Montague was FOTN. Brown vs Silva had a great first round, but rounds 2 and 3 were too one sided.

from reading this thread it seems like florian/anik hollering about how great the fight is 1000 times worked.

LMAO? A guy gasses in under 3 minutes is "GOAT" fight material? LOL, it's no wonder why people refer to UFC as a "pseudo" sport.

You know what's even funnier? People who call the ufc a "sport" instead of a promotion.

Back