LOL at Jon Jones sudden change of heart regarding DC

Bones beat Gus at the end of the day Cormier is his new opponent. deal with it.

I love how all these Jones fans are desperately trying to discredit Gustafsson. Your hero is a ducking duck. There's a reason why he doesn't want to get beat up again. He's ducked Gus twice now, that's not very championlike at all.

love how you think that whining about imaginary ornithological specimen somehow destroys anyone's life.

and love how you just might lose control over your bowels over him not fighting gus when you feel like it.

Would rather see Jones fight Gustafsson first, then DC. I think both fights could go either way.

Well a true champ never skips over anyone. He fights them as they come along. Floyd would not be a true champ then.

and apparently a true champ has to fight them all at once. i mean: fighting just one of them just seems so chickenish.

DC needs surgery, so yeah Jones gonna Jones.

this guy makes me hate the sport more than anyone. Yeah, I daresay I liked Timmeh more.

A spinning elbow he couldn't follow up on and a blocked headkick.

Bravo.

you happen to have seen that fight? are you really implying that those two were jones' best and only attacks in rd 4 and 5? and of course, that gus wiped the floor with jones all the way through the final bell? yes?

you happen to have seen that fight? are you really implying that those two were jones' best and only attacks in rd 4 and 5? and of course, that gus wiped the floor with jones all the way through the final bell? yes?

Those were the gifs he posted, genius.

jones just wants to fight more glover's and sonnen's... he doesn't want to fight anyone that can give him a challenge, a la Gus and DC.

And before you Jones lovers come out and say, "AWWW BRO... JONES WHOOPED GUS!!!" JDS KO'd Cain and Cain came back and whooped JDS twice... Gus was the only one to push Jones to his limit, but then again Jones was only fighting 70% amiright?

so now gus doesnt want to fight DC?

Sept 2013:

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

Today:

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler and SF champion makes me some how a coward?"

this is just shit talking and gamesmanship. he's dismissed a lot of potential opponents. and i sort of agree that it's better to fight a new tough opponent than to rematch. let cormier fight. gus can fight the winner.

this is just shit talking and gamesmanship. he's dismissed a lot of potential opponents. and i sort of agree that it's better to fight a new tough opponent than to rematch. let cormier fight. gus can fight the winner.

What a terrible post.

This whole thing is a farce. A fuckin farce, I tell you. I laughed just now when I read the article on the front page actually detailing that Jones wants DC instead of Gus. I've never liked Jones- ever- but I haven't been able to stir up much interest in whether or not he was somehow ducking Gus. But the way these events are turning has somehow led me to like him even less, something I did not believe was possible. The UFC looks bad, Jones looks bad, and the whole situation is getting absurdly funny.

Lead the way, Jon Jones! We are helplessly following in your wake on what is proving to be a facepalm of epic proportions.

unnecessary-farce-poster-4inW.png

....just sign the fuckin papers....

jones just wants to fight more glover's and sonnen's... he doesn't want to fight anyone that can give him a challenge, a la Gus and DC.

And before you Jones lovers come out and say, "AWWW BRO... JONES WHOOPED GUS!!!" JDS KO'd Cain and Cain came back and whooped JDS twice... Gus was the only one to push Jones to his limit, but then again Jones was only fighting 70% amiright?

ah, i forgot that someone got beaten at some time by someone but then totally beat that guy after all, and even did it twice! well, that settles it.

but then again: this chael sonnen guy came really close to beat this spiderson silvaman that one time, and in the rematch got the living shit kicked out of himself...

and now i am really confused! what is going to happen?! all my troubles seemed so far away!

Those were the gifs he posted, genius.

and that makes those two techniques the only things relevant in what way?

you are aware that there was actually a fight, that one could watch, and in which things happened that somehow still count, even if they are not posted in some awesome forum?

I like Gus, a lot actually. I like when athletes come to win and do the unexpected against favored champions. With that said, his name is in Jones' win column, wether we like it or not, and wether we agree or not. Jones has always struck me to be an ambitious fighter, pretty obvious by what he has accomplished in the short timeframe that he has done it. It's not hard for me to believe that he wants to accomplish a new challenge.

Is it really beyond consideration that he wants to add a new top name to his win column? Is it "ducking" to look ahead to a new challenge instead of looking back to a difficult challenge already accomplished?

Fuuuuuuuuuu..
yes, and if he wopuld push for the gus rematch, you would instead "call him out" on ducking DC. good stuff.

Not at all. Jones vs Gus was a war, and won FOTY. As a fan of the sport, I LIKE seeing back and forth fights like this. This is why I watch the sport, and if you don't, then why do you watch it?

If Jon lived up to his word, id be stoked to watch this rematch. I like DC, and look forward to seeing him fight for the title, but id rather see the FOTY rematch. DC will come right after so it's not a big deal.

and that makes those two techniques the only things relevant in what way?

you are aware that there was actually a fight, that one could watch, and in which things happened that somehow still count, even if they are not posted in some awesome forum?

Maybe, but outside of those two gifs, Jones' offense wasn't particularly noteworthy.

Back