LOL at Jon Jones sudden change of heart regarding DC

TinaBelcher

White Belt
Reaction score
Sept 2013:

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

Today:

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler and SF champion makes me some how a coward?"

LMAO strong 180. Don't want to fight him becoz no one knows who he is, BRB want to fight him because he is an American Hero and winner of the most prestigious MMA tittle. Quack.

gus1-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
I think we already got like the exact same thread currently on the front page, but yes I agree him going back on his words is just another reason im glad im not a fan. DC gets injured, then jones doesn't sign to fight gus and asks for DC.

Sept 2013:

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

Today:

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler and SF champion makes me some how a coward?"

LMAO strong 180. Don't want to fight him becoz no one knows who he is, BRB want to fight him because he is an American Hero and winner of the most prestigious MMA tittle. Quack.

gus1-300x300.jpg

I know, right? Total 180. It's almost like DC has fought in and won three UFC PPV co-main events since September 2013...

Yes Jones, trying to avoid fighting Gus who deserves his title shot makes you a coward.

I think we already got like the exact same thread currently on the front page, but yes I agree him going back on his words is just another reason im glad im not a fan. DC gets injured, then jones doesn't sign to fight gus and asks for DC.

I was always a Jones fan but not anymore. After this how can anyone like the guy? Gus was supposed to get the title shot and now he's trying to worm his way out of fighting him.

Jones should just NOT comment.....IMO everytime he opens his mouth he sounds like a Duck! Step down Jones, retire - if U do that U won't have to fight anyone, & it sounds like that's what U want!

Did he say no one knows Gus?? WTF everyone knows Gus as the guy who beat the crap out of Jones.

I was always a Jones fan but not anymore. After this how can anyone like the guy? Gus was supposed to get the title shot and now he's trying to worm his way out of fighting him.

This sentence implies you believe Dana simply telling you somebody is a #1 contender

Your fault for not learning that lesson by now

I know, right? Total 180. It's almost like DC has fought in and won three UFC PPV co-main events since September 2013...

Yes because nothing elavates your status than beating up a TRT-less Hendo and a barista on a weeks notice.

Fuck the Barnett and Bigfoot fights. Beating up the barista truly made him legit

Jones should just NOT comment.....IMO everytime he opens his mouth he sounds like a Duck! Step down Jones, retire - if U do that U won't have to fight anyone, & it sounds like that's what U want!

And that guys was fighting 4-5 times a year destroying former champs at one point.. I predict him 50-45 his opponents GSP style in the near future

This sentence implies you believe Dana simply telling you somebody is a #1 contender

Your fault for not learning that lesson by now

I know 50% of the sentences that come out of Dana's mouth are lies. A lot of people, including me thought Gus beat Jones. It was such a close fight that there was even talk of an immediate rematch. This didn't happen but Gus won his next fight which placed him next in line. Cormier is getting a shot anyway but Gus has to be first

DC got his title shot by having knee surgery basically. Jones wanted none of DC before that lol

Honestly confused by this whole situation and they're opinions coming from every where. I find it hard to believe JJ is scared to fight Gus or DC.

Who in the top 10 has Gus ever beat?

Jones whooped him and almost KO'd Gus in the 4th round, then closed him out in the 5th.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o6_250.gif

Back