LOL at Jon Jones sudden change of heart regarding DC

you waste too much time hating jbj

what will you say after he beats gus AGAIN?

BTW, DC will also be beaten soundly

AND

gus needs to gain heart somewhere if he wants to beat a champion that can come back from adversity

Haha, hey pal you don't need to puff your chest at me about how Jonathan will melt Gus with lasers from his eyes. He's the one that needs convincing. Buddy left that hospital looking like ate some badly prepared fugu.

I know, right? Total 180. It's almost like DC has fought in and won three UFC PPV co-main events since September 2013...

Sarcasm is a defense mechanism bro. Your boy is scared and you know it!!! haha!

The way I see it is if Gus had got the nod jones would expect a rematch. Give Gus the fair shake and fight him first, I'm sure dc will be happy to wait for a title shot.

Maybe his manhandling of Hendo changed his mind. Plus DC is supposedly waiting for his title shot from this point on he's at the front of the line anyway.

Its not like Jones would feel DC was undeserving forever.

This is the same dude who PROMISED he's fight Gus in his fight after Glover. In fact when he used the word 'promise', which sounds childish to begin with, I knew he wouldn't want to fight Gus next. Dude ain't a man of his word in general, but when he uses the word 'promise', be sure he means the opposite.

Sept 2013:

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

Today:

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler and SF champion makes me some how a coward?"

LMAO strong 180. Don't want to fight him becoz no one knows who he is, BRB want to fight him because he is an American Hero and winner of the most prestigious MMA tittle. Quack.

gus1-300x300.jpg

So. Every time I see this picture, I'm just gonna leave this.

alexander-gustafsson-bad-boy-ufc-165-shirt.jpg

For what it's worth, you're also grasping at straws. "I don't think he deserves a fight," and "he hasn't really proved much" are inherently things that a change of heart is bound to happen with. He dispatched a musclebound a barista, and destroyed Hendo - an actual credible win, age and testosterone aside. Add in that most of the talk prior to that was regarding his not being able to make the weight, and proving that he could do that. He's done that as well.

How is it threadworthy that he's had a change of heart - especially one that actually aligns with what most of Sherdog was clamoring for directly after DC/Hendo?

Now, if we're going to go back at pick at things he's said - we go back and pick at when he said Gus was after Glover. Playing Sherdevil's advocate - the landscape of LHW did get shaken up pretty heftily since he first signed on to fight Glover instead of Gus. But those were -his- words, and not the only set of words from Dana White in history that are taken as gospel by Sherdog, so it would be nice to see him follow through.

The only reason Jones is asking for DC is because DC is hurt, and Jones thinks he can pressure DC into fighting hurt. It's the only explanation for the 180 Jones pulled, after claiming that DC needed to beat a top-ranked contender before challenging for the belt.

No one has yet provided any explanation, good or otherwise, on how it makes any sense for Jones to be calling out a lower ranked, injured fighter, when he is already scheduled to fight the clear #1 contender in the division, and a guy who many felt deserved the decision over Jones.

If Jones were half the warrior he wished he were, he would have a fire in his belly looking to absolutely destroy Gus and leave zero doubt in anyone's mind as to who the best fighter is.

However, Jones is not that kind of warrior, and the doubt that surrounding him now is also infecting him internally. Gus pushed him to the brink and sent him out of the arena on a stretcher. Jones doesn't EVER want to dig that deep inside himself again, and that's why he's running from his top challenger while challenging another top challenger who is hurt and not ready.

The only reason Jones is asking for DC is because DC is hurt, and Jones thinks he can pressure DC into fighting hurt. It's the only explanation for the 180 Jones pulled, after claiming that DC needed to beat a top-ranked contender before challenging for the belt.

No one has yet provided any explanation, good or otherwise, on how it makes any sense for Jones to be calling out a lower ranked, injured fighter, when he is already scheduled to fight the clear #1 contender in the division, and a guy who many felt deserved the decision over Jones.

If Jones were half the warrior he wished he were, he would have a fire in his belly looking to absolutely destroy Gus and leave zero doubt in anyone's mind as to who the best fighter is.

However, Jones is not that kind of warrior, and the doubt that surrounding him now is also infecting him internally. Gus pushed him to the brink and sent him out of the arena on a stretcher. Jones doesn't EVER want to dig that deep inside himself again, and that's why he's running from his top challenger while challenging another top challenger who is hurt and not ready.

Bingo! Gus sent him to the ER. Before DC's fight with Hendo (in which Jon clearly mocked DC for not being good enough and mocked Hendo for not being a threat), he promised Gus a shot at the title again after Glover. The smoke has cleared and he's forced to face Gus again. What's he to do? Call out the injured guy of course. Buy time.

DC said he was hurt ten days prior to the Henderson fight - and proceeded to flip him like a hamburger. In the same interview, he says he's concerned that he may meed ACL surgery, as his knee has been hurting him for a long time.

Until anything else comes out, that's what we know. If history is any indicator, it's fairly likely that he said that to save face with any of the critics who disliked his performance. Fighters -all the time- say they're worried they injured something, and nothing else comes of it.

As for your actual post, there's the part where the last two rounds - Jones looked better - performancewise, not glamourwise - than he did in the first three, and Gus looked worse. Gus took him to deep waters, and as the fight went on Jones improved. Yeah, Jones got hit a lot. But he didn't give up in the fight. Yes, he left for the hospital - but he did it as the champion.

There's a lot of speculation involved in the rematch - but, what can't be debated is that Jones now knows what Gus brings to the table. Prior to that fight nobody knew what he could do, and that was a big element to the success that he had in that fight.

People will hate Jones regardless.

If he fights Cormier idiots say he's scared and ducking Gus. If he rematches with Gus then he's ducking Cormier and is afraid of that matchup.

Its the same fucking bullshit around here, lol. Does anyone honestly think neither or just one of these fights will happen? Both of them will, in due time.

Gus is an amazing fighter, and I do enjoy watching his boxing and footwork. Not gonna lie, he is fucking fun to watch. With that said Gus nuthuggers need to calm the fuck down, they've gotta be the worst bunch on here hands down.

If he fights Cormier idiots say he's scared and ducking Gus. If he rematches with Gus then he's ducking Cormier and is afraid of that matchup.

Its the same fucking bullshit around here, lol. Does anyone honestly think neither or just one of these fights will happen? Both of them will, in due time.

Gus is an amazing fighter, and I do enjoy watching his boxing and footwork. Not gonna lie, he is fucking fun to watch. With that said Gus nuthuggers need to calm the fuck down, they've gotta be the worst bunch on here hands down.

How about Jones promising Gus a shot at the title after Glover? And now backing out of it? Come on now.

How about Jones promising Gus a shot at the title after Glover? And now backing out of it? Come on now.

Do you really honestly think he's not going to fight Gus? Calm down son, it will happen, if it now then after DC it will. You'll get your chance....again.

Do you really honestly think he's not going to fight Gus? Calm down son, it will happen, if it now then after DC it will. You'll get your chance....again.

I know he will. He'll have to. But first he crapped all over DC at LHW, and promised Gus a shot. Now he's contradicting himself. He's full of crap. That's all I'm saying. To be honest, I think he beats both. As a fan, though, he's full of shit.

i agree with you, and i think its some kind of master plan of jacksons. i dont think he comes up with this stuff on his own, he just says what greg tells him to.

I know he will. He'll have to. But first he crapped all over DC at LHW, and promised Gus a shot. Now he's contradicting himself. He's full of crap. That's all I'm saying. To be honest, I think he beats both. As a fan, though, he's full of shit.

He's not contradicting himself. He already gave Gus a shot and said he would rematch him. He never specified when. To my knowledge he never said "I will absolutely rematch Gus AFTER the Glover fight", for example.

And if you think he beats both then it really shouldn't be a big deal to you now, should it....you agree that he will fight both, so your point is not relevant.

He's not contradicting himself. He already gave Gus a shot and said he would rematch him. He never specified when. To my knowledge he never said "I will absolutely rematch Gus AFTER the Glover fight", for example.

And if you think he beats both then it really shouldn't be a big deal to you now, should it....you agree that he will fight both, so your point is not relevant.

He said Gus is next after Glover. I do think he can, and will win, but I still want to see that re-match. It was a damn good fight

nope

he's ducking Gus, that's it.

nope

he's ducking Gus, that's it.

Well, I'm convinced.

*looks* location: Sweden.

I just have a question, will you still post on here after Jones beats Gus a second time? Or will the shame be too much for you and just completely quench your ability to post here?

Come up with some good excuses now, and plan ahead. That way you can avoid looking completely stupid and still post here, if you still want to.

Back