LOL at Jon Jones sudden change of heart regarding DC

ow many top 10 wins does gus have again?

You're right of course, the UFC always makes fights based on records and rankings nevermind what will sell PPV's or what the public wants to see.

Jones whooped him

mjl.gif

You never know what's really going on with Jon Jones,
but all this makes him look silly if he isn't negotiating a contract.
You can't just skip over contenders a la Floyd unless you're as big as Floyd.

i think this is all a masterplan of greg jacksons. i dont understand it but i think it has something to do with gameplans.

Yes. A gameplan of trying to avoid Jones going to the hospital.............. again if he fights Gus so they are trying to avoid it.

this is getting ridiculous
he will put this fight in the back burner just like he did with glover.
this just kills the challengers moment and give his team time to think about strategies and methods while everyone else have keep waiting.
he is good but his not mayweather,he cant keep choosing the time and the adversary like this .

Who in the top 10 has Gus ever beat?

Jones whooped him and almost KO'd Gus in the 4th round, then closed him out in the 5th.

jon-jones-spinning-elbow.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o6_250.gif

A spinning elbow he couldn't follow up on and a blocked headkick.

Bravo.

"I said before the [Gustafsson] fight my sights were set on breaking the record," Jones said in a statement released by the UFC. "I want to crush the record. I want to beat the record so bad it can never be broken.

"I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn't. I promise you, he will be next."

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/stor...f":"http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/449216"}

Duuuuuck
you waste too much time hating jbj

what will you say after he beats gus AGAIN?

BTW, DC will also be beaten soundly

AND

gus needs to gain heart somewhere if he wants to beat a champion that can come back from adversity

Ducking. He doesn't want another trip to the hospital.

"I said before the [Gustafsson] fight my sights were set on breaking the record," Jones said in a statement released by the UFC. "I want to crush the record. I want to beat the record so bad it can never be broken.

"I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn't. I promise you, he will be next."

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/mma/stor...f":"http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/449216"}

Duuuuuck

Fuuuuuuuuuu..
yes, and if he wopuld push for the gus rematch, you would instead "call him out" on ducking DC. good stuff.

both of those guys have yet to prove to be the shit. jbj is the most dominant lhw champion in mma history. he beat 5 former ufc champs. all of those were considered on top of their game at the time.

dc hasn't fought a single (!) person under the age of 30 yet. all of his opponents were slowish (monson, bigfoot, barnett, staring (!), mir, nelson, cummings (!) and hendo.
he ran right through them, and they are no slouches, but none of them is (or was, at the time) elite. none of them brought any threat to him. still, he deserves a shot at the title, but his claim isn't exactly that of someone who beat the murderers row of contenders the champion ducked. in fact, frank mir, of all of his ufc opponents, was the closest to a title shot.

the only thing that makes gus a contender are two and a half rounds with jones, which happened to be the first half of said fight. h LOST the other half. i had him winning it because of having rd1, 2 and 3. but rd 1 was reeeeally close and he got everything he had dished out back and then some in rd 4 and 5. if he would have gotten the nod, it would have been just as weak of a win as jones now has over him, and he would be the underdog in the rematch. since then he beat jimi manuwa. the guy who beat cyrille diabate, ryan jimmo and kyle kingsbury. before his title shot, he beat a murderers row of hammill, matyushenko, silva and shogun, all of whom didn't have exactly a menacing aura at the time either (shogun was the closest to a title shot).

i know that those two actually have by far the best claim to the title shot, and each seem to be the biggest threats to jones title reign so far.

but still: neither has yet even come close to having beaten the opposition jones faced. so far they bring the following things:
1. has done way better than anyone expected before getting beaten up by the guy who just took all the punishment there was for him
2. is really good at wrestling and not terrible standing up.

so how about this: as long as you and all the other duck-pluckers in here don't pick a fight with, let's say any ufc fighter of any weightclass ever, and especially as long as jones wants to fight at least one of the two top contenders in his weightclass, jones gets to do whatever the fuck he feels like while being just about a gazillion times more courageous, manly and badass than you. and he gets to make fun of you in awkward videos.

Bok Bok Bok says Chicken Bones Jones

Quack Quack Jones

Jones fights for KFC, not the UFC

You never know what's really going on with Jon Jones,
but all this makes him look silly if he isn't negotiating a contract.
You can't just skip over contenders a la Floyd unless you're as big as Floyd.

Well a true champ never skips over anyone. He fights them as they come along. Floyd would not be a true champ then.

sept 2013 ain't today, just sayin'

jones just wants to fight more glover's and sonnen's... he doesn't want to fight anyone that can give him a challenge, a la Gus and DC.

And before you Jones lovers come out and say, "AWWW BRO... JONES WHOOPED GUS!!!" JDS KO'd Cain and Cain came back and whooped JDS twice... Gus was the only one to push Jones to his limit, but then again Jones was only fighting 70% amiright?

Jon's spinning elbow in the 4th came sooo close to knocking Alex out, that it didn't knock him down, and Gus could still defend the takedown and still nearly won the round.

Back