Local 12 yr old girl commits suicide.. cyber bully

12 years old is too young for social media.
Parents fault for letting her have access to that.
Parents fault for not teaching her how social media works, and the frivolity of cyber bullying.

Geez, I find that to be a cop-out.

The parents were trying everything, wouldn't you if your 12 year old daughter were as distraught as she was? They moved schools..

She even took away her daughter’s cell phone and monitored her social media accounts.

“But we all thought she was fine now. No one had known.”

I find it a little bit distasteful to turn around and blame the victims here.

Geez, I find that to be a cop-out.

The parents were trying everything, wouldn't you if your 12 year old daughter were as distraught as she was? They moved schools..

I find it a little bit distasteful to turn around and blame the victims here.

I'm not saying it's the parent's fault. But if they did all of that and the girl still killed herself, there had to have been more to the story than what we know.

I'm not saying it's the parent's fault. But if they did all of that and the girl still killed herself, there had to have been more to the story than what we know.

What are you suggesting? They, in some form, neglected their child?

Damn how much damage can you do with a pen

What are you suggesting? They, in some form, neglected their child?

No, not at all. Just saying there is more to the story. I don't blame the parents at all.

I agree with this completely. I remember some people telling me they hated me in high school, I never cared enough about their opinions to want to take my own life over it.

I've seen so much in the media about preventing bullying and teen suicide and all that; honestly, the first step is for teenagers to not cry every time they find out someone doesn't like them.

Of course, the article posted appeared to be much worse than that as this 12 year old girl was apparently harassed for years and years, and it's tragic that she decided that ending her life was the only way out. And it might sound unsympathetic and rude, but this is an honest question of curiosity: if someone is cyber bullying you why don't you just block them or delete your account on whatever form of social media you're using?

Posts like this show how many people dont really realize how brutal kids can be with online bullying these days. Block them or delete your account? Its not that easy. If I started sending you pms harassing you, sure you could just block me. But what if I started threads talking shit about you? And it wasnt just me, but a group of 10 or 15 posters doing this daily? What if you worked with everyone on here, so all your peers saw what we said? What if I had access to pictures of you, and posted them with incredibly mean comments about any flaws in your appearance? And posted them in the pm section asking people to shoop them? The majority of kids are on facebook these days, so when stuff like this happens, even if you avoid it, youre going to hear about it at school. Its not as simple as not being liked. Its kids going out of their way to constantly harass and torment other kids.

I immediately feel guilt from all the people that I've trolled without tastefulness, Now I feel bad and hypocritical at the same time, thanks TS.

12 years old is too young for social media.
Parents fault for letting her have access to that.
Parents fault for not teaching her how social media works, and the frivolity of cyber bullying.

I completely agree. This social media shit is out of control and exposing someone so young to it is a big mistake imo. My kids won't be apart of that shit until they are much older than 12.

Same thing happened in my hometown a few months back. Why are kids so soft these days? Cyber bullying for fucks sake.

Same thing happened in my hometown a few months back. Why are kids so soft these days? Cyber bullying for fucks sake.

You're so alpha

overly-manly-men-meme-pain-pills-mints.jpg

overly-manly-man-ansd-steak.jpg

Does it matter?
It's called common sense.

Who doesn't talk to their kids about sex, bullying, or drugs?

Straight up moronic post. Did you read the article? The parents took her out if the school and deleted her fb acct. They probably did everything in their power to help. The fault clearly lies on the bullies.

sad. what the hell is wrong with kids these days.

This shit needs to stop.

Social media has been ruining culture for a while now. Its too bad.

thats very sad, awful to hear
but honestly...cyber bullying? i keep hearing more and more about this shit and its the dumbest shit ever. kids are just gonna have to grow thicker skin or something. what would these kids do if they actually got bullied like, getting beat up and ganged up on?

Again, someone who doesnt get it. I got beat up once in highschool as a freshman by a group of kids older than me, it was a hazing type thing. It happened and was over with. Not a big deal. I would much rather have had that happen than have had to deal with cyber bullying. (Im 27 so it wasnt an issue when I was in hs anyways)

Again, someone who doesnt get it. I got beat up once in highschool as a freshman by a group of kids older than me, it was a hazing type thing. It happened and was over with. Not a big deal. I would much rather have had that happen than have had to deal with cyber bullying. (Im 27 so it wasnt an issue when I was in hs anyways)

ok, im 20, and ive had both. been beat up and fucked with over the internet. here's the difference...the internet didnt beat my ass. im sorry i guess im just wired different. but people tried to fuck with me on facebook and i just shut my account down...that solved that

You weren't bullied. Some kids I went to school with got beat up, and made fun of everyday. It wasn't an initiation of any kind. It's because they were considered "losers". At least for them though, once the school day was over, they had their freedom.

The problem with this social media bullshit, is that it's 24/7.

ok, im 20, and ive had both. been beat up and fucked with over the internet. here's the difference...the internet didnt beat my ass. im sorry i guess im just wired different. but people tried to fuck with me on facebook and i just shut my account down...that solved that

Well, there are different degrees of severity. Did the people make groups talking shit about you? Did you have to find out from a friend that someone took a picture of you, posted it to the thread and there are hundreds of comments of people making fun of you? Maybe its just me, but I think that would affect me a hell of a lot more than getting beat up, especially when I was young.

Back