Lloyd Irvin's Kumite Reality Show- Episode 1

I get tired of the "I'm bigger, so I tire faster" excuse. I get they have more muscles mass to feed but aren't their lungs larger as well?

I'm kind of small and have heard throughout my life that's why I can climb ropes or do more pull-ups than a larger fellow. I disagree but if you want to present that point then please agree that's why you can bench more. Not because you're stronger but because you're heavier.

Bigger and stronger people have a natural advantage over us smaller guys in many athletic areas, so we have to work harder, get better at our technique, ect. In something like BJJ you hear big guys making excuses like that all the time when a smaller guy beats them cause its embarrassing to them. The really good players realize it means they have to get better, work harder, learn more, ect. The mediocre ones just keep trying to get by on their size, strength and athleticism, and make excuses when it isn't enough.

That's what is so awesome and inspiring about Keenan, he's big lanky kid gifted with incredible athleticism, and a work ethic like no other. Instead of taking that for granted he works like someone who doesn't have those natural advantages, which is what makes him so scary good, imo.

Great video- I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Awesome job by Lloyd, and Keenan seems like a really nice guy (amazing on the mats too- of course).

Very cool video. I wanna see Roberts and Keenan... seems to be the top 2 guys.

i wish this had kit dale and jackson souza !! :icon_cry2

I get tired of the "I'm bigger, so I tire faster" excuse. I get they have more muscles mass to feed but aren't their lungs larger as well?

I'm kind of small and have heard throughout my life that's why I can climb ropes or do more pull-ups than a larger fellow. I disagree but if you want to present that point then please agree that's why you can bench more. Not because you're stronger but because you're heavier.

You can disagree, but you are wrong. Muscle mass converting to strength is not linear. Its why an ant is stronger than an elephant proportionally. You are right that a more muscular person can bench press more than you because he is bigger, but that not considering body weight proportions.

Luke just posted this on facebook

"Before he announces Super Bowl format we thought it was knockout and money for the 2 finalists so I didnt think picking the favourite and the possibility of a first round exit was clever. Like in most reality shows staying in the show is number 1 priority. I figured Id fight him in the later rounds anyway. I'm really confused why it shocked everyone. Turned out me and victor just tired each other out for the rest of the day and it was a bad choice ha. It's edited me as the villain and Keenan as the hero but to be expected. It was actually 2 good fights but It really just Shows keenans stuff. Still good experience and enjoyed it."

Awesome stuff. I particularly enjoyed the no gi matches. I wish they had like some overall win/loss score chart though. I lost track of who won and who lost the most and such, aside from Keenan who obviously won all his matches and will probably continue to do so.

On a side note, who gave Keenan the toughest match? Looks like Garry Tonon went about a half hour with him? Pretty impressive especially considering the size difference.

"Before he announces Super Bowl format we thought it was knockout and money for the 2 finalists so I didnt think picking the favourite and the possibility of a first round exit was clever. Like in most reality shows staying in the show is number 1 priority. I figured Id fight him in the later rounds anyway. I'm really confused why it shocked everyone. Turned out me and victor just tired each other out for the rest of the day and it was a bad choice ha. It's edited me as the villain and Keenan as the hero but to be expected. It was actually 2 good fights but It really just Shows keenans stuff. Still good experience and enjoyed it."

Well, that's a much better explanation. Although, didn't he pick who he fought AFTER being instructed on the rules?

Well, that's a much better explanation. Although, didn't he pick who he fought AFTER being instructed on the rules?

That's how the episode presented it but who knows, its easy to present a story the way you want in the editing room. It is also easy to make up excuses after the fact. Comes down to he said/she said I guess.

I was just re-watching it and he says Keenan's in the tournament before the picks but he doesn't mention it's a super-bowl format until the first day of the fights.

The 2nd dude didn't have a problem picking Keenan.

One thing I thought was weird is that at around 12:33 that Irish guy is defending a RNC.His opponent is on his chin.He pulls the guys arm down past his chin and taps out.Was he injured or something?

lol, what did he expect. He went to lloyd's where lloyd has total control of media and everyone was going against lloyd's guy. how the fuck do you think it is going to be edited?

One thing I thought was weird is that at around 12:33 that Irish guy is defending a RNC.His opponent is on his chin.He pulls the guys arm down past his chin and taps out.Was he injured or something?

Being facebarred is much more uncomfortable than being RNC'ed.

Would have to watch again, but if he had on a neck crank, that would be a reason to give up the choke to relieve the crank pressure. Also, he could have just wanted a way out.

Some great action on this kumite. The D'Arce choke counter off the knee bar setup was beautiful.

Took a 3D tour through the gym on google when looking it up. Holy Crap it's nice! Alot bigger then I thought. With up stiars mats, down staris mat room, seperate room for boxing ring, and cage, lounge for medal chasers. It's pretty sick. What do you think of it?

https://www.google.com/maps?layer=c...&sa=X&ei=5rvpUMGlPIXyigLjqIDIDA&ved=0CIgBEKAf

I don't know Lloyd why are you trying to sell us memberships? You didn't have to hide behind a fake account, Irvin.

I've pulled RNCs down from my upper teeth to the jawbone a few times, but always with shrugged shoulders and the chin down. Tooth cranks suuuuck.

Back