Lloyd Irvin's Kumite Reality Show- Episode 1

i feel kinda bad for the dude that flipped out, props to the other dude for keeping calm tho

Also, I'm really happy and impressed with what Master Lloyd did for the competitors with this competition along with how much he does for BJJ. I'm surprised there's transitions that look like it was filmed with a cell phone with horrible clarity.

I think that was a style choice by the director. They had multiple cameras on some mats, and I think it was a conscious choice to have some gritty footage in there as well.

I could be wrong, though.

16:35 i lmao'd. such a troll sub.

and where was AJ agazarm?

16:35 i lmao'd. such a troll sub.

and where was AJ agazarm?

By far my favorite ankle lock. It's not slick, it's not set up, it's purely saying "You done fucked up bro." Lol

i feel kinda bad for the dude that flipped out, props to the other dude for keeping calm tho

I felt bad for him to, but the way I'd be disappointed in my child for showing poor sportsmanship.

It really was terrible behavior.

AJ Agazarm came in late. He was always competing but couldn't make it to the beginning for some reason which is why Luca Ancoreta got a bye.

Silverio acted like a child though. C'mon man, it's jiu-jitsu, stop being such a dick.

But really good show, really pleased with it.

Fantastic stuff, kinda feel like they make that british dude look bad? or I'm just not feeling him.

Fantastic stuff, kinda feel like they make that british dude look bad? or I'm just not feeling him.

Yea when he was saying why he thought Keenan chose him first for the 2nd round I guess it was, I thought that was lame. I figured Keenan chose him because the guy had an opportunity to pick Keenan first in the first round and chose the smallest competitor instead.

This episode was worth the wait. Can't wait for episode 2, and even if they don't release any full matches (I hope they do) I will still enjoy these very much.

Also the last Next World Champion episode got yanked off Youtube for using copyrighted music. I'm guessing no one has it downloaded?

I'm gonna start slapping and slamming into people when I can't pass their guard. Silverio, lulz.

^It's up again

Thank you so much!

BTW here are the submission stats that Lloyd Irvin posted after 2 days of competition

9plxdd.png

Does anyone else think that is a bizarrely large amount of calf slicers?

The fact that its called a Kumite is bad ass

Yea when he was saying why he thought Keenan chose him first for the 2nd round I guess it was, I thought that was lame. I figured Keenan chose him because the guy had an opportunity to pick Keenan first in the first round and chose the smallest competitor instead.

This episode was worth the wait. Can't wait for episode 2, and even if they don't release any full matches (I hope they do) I will still enjoy these very much.

Also the last Next World Champion episode got yanked off Youtube for using copyrighted music. I'm guessing no one has it downloaded?

For what it's worth, Victor definitely isn't the smallest competitor there. In fact, he would have been somewhere around the middle, I would have guessed. He fights middle, and Garry, Thomas, Ilke and probably some of the others are lightweights. Just saying.

I know Luke so I'll side with him, but the one problem with being much bigger than everyone else is that 50 minutes of rolling is a much bigger deal for him than for some of the smaller guys. Not saying Keenan was being sneaky or whatever, but it was a good logical pick if you knew he'd just gone fifty minutes and you'd gone ten or so. Less so if he'd walked through his first fights in two minutes and was on a roll.

Still, good episode, some good moments. But...yeah. Victor. Wow. Not sure what the 'I'll remember that' thing was about though. @_@

Still, good episode, some good moments. But...yeah. Victor. Wow. Not sure what the 'I'll remember that' thing was about though. @_@

I think he was expecting his opponent to be scared of him. When he saw that he wasn't, he didn't really know what to say next.

For what it's worth, Victor definitely isn't the smallest competitor there. In fact, he would have been somewhere around the middle, I would have guessed. He fights middle, and Garry, Thomas, Ilke and probably some of the others are lightweights. Just saying.

I know Luke so I'll side with him, but the one problem with being much bigger than everyone else is that 50 minutes of rolling is a much bigger deal for him than for some of the smaller guys. Not saying Keenan was being sneaky or whatever, but it was a good logical pick if you knew he'd just gone fifty minutes and you'd gone ten or so. Less so if he'd walked through his first fights in two minutes and was on a roll.

I don't get why Luke didn't just think "I'm the most decorated guy here, maybe he just had been waiting to get a shot at me"

From the first match on.... you're going to be tired, and sore, and possibly hurt. Each to varying degrees, but it's all about competing at that point.

what was the grip that Victor was complaining about? it seemed Sean was grabbing him by the fingers instead of the wrists?

The fact that its called a Kumite is bad ass

Yea I wasn't trying to pick on the guy. Obviously it's a "reality" show so there's an angle that's going to be portrayed.

Thanks for the insight from someone that knows who's involved!

That "I'll remember that" was definitely crazy.

Back