Lloyd Irvin's Kumite Reality Show- Episode 1

Sean Roberts and Keenan Cornelius are looking like the ones to beat right now. Both are 6-0.

should have banged that blonde chick in the beginning

Luke isn't doing any favors by making excuses, talking about how he just fought 50 mins and that's why Keenan chose him? Dude you could've chosen Keenan first pick remember when you were both fresh? You can't duck him first rd then later complain he didn't get you at your best.

what was the grip that Victor was complaining about? it seemed Sean was grabbing him by the fingers instead of the wrists?

Looked like he was grabbing the whole hand. May have been some inadvertant fingering that was edited out.

Luke isn't doing any favors by making excuses, talking about how he just fought 50 mins and that's why Keenan chose him? Dude you could've chosen Keenan first pick remember when you were both fresh? You can't duck him first rd then later complain he didn't get you at your best.

He's talking like a Brazilian.

I figured Keenan chose him because the guy had an opportunity to pick Keenan first in the first round and chose the smallest competitor instead.

I can see why he wouldn't pick Keenan first - you get $250 per submission, so he got two submissions for $500 which is better than just losing twice to Keenan straight away.

I can see why he wouldn't pick Keenan first - you get $250 per submission, so he got two submissions for $500 which is better than just losing twice to Keenan straight away.

You get 250 for cross choke in the GI and 250 for the RNC in no-gi

I know Luke so I'll side with him, but the one problem with being much bigger than everyone else is that 50 minutes of rolling is a much bigger deal for him than for some of the smaller guys. Not saying Keenan was being sneaky or whatever, but it was a good logical pick if you knew he'd just gone fifty minutes and you'd gone ten or so. Less so if he'd walked through his first fights in two minutes and was on a roll.

No excuse. Luke had the chance to call out the reason they were all there, Keenan, but didn't. It's his own fault for being tired later on. Had he made Keenan his 1st pick he would've been nice and fresh.

I get tired of the "I'm bigger, so I tire faster" excuse. I get they have more muscles mass to feed but aren't their lungs larger as well?

I'm kind of small and have heard throughout my life that's why I can climb ropes or do more pull-ups than a larger fellow. I disagree but if you want to present that point then please agree that's why you can bench more. Not because you're stronger but because you're heavier.

No excuse. Luke had the chance to call out the reason they were all there, Keenan, but didn't. It's his own fault for being tired later on. Had he made Keenan his 1st pick he would've been nice and fresh.

I get tired of the "I'm bigger, so I tire faster" excuse. I get they have more muscles mass to feed but aren't their lungs larger as well?

I'm kind of small and have heard throughout my life that's why I can climb ropes or do more pull-ups than a larger fellow. I disagree but if you want to present that point then please agree that's why you can bench more. Not because you're stronger but because you're heavier.

Ha, I'll be first to admit that I'm naturally crap at pull-ups because of my stocky build, and also agree that if I didn't have it my bench would be terrible. I mean, if nothing else, you have to be stronger to pull up more weight, and if you have more muscle mass, pressing is going to be easier.

what was the grip that Victor was complaining about? it seemed Sean was grabbing him by the fingers instead of the wrists?

Looks like he was grabbing all 4 fingers. Brandon Mullins showed it in that Kesting instructional. I do it myself.Its not painful but keeps your opponent from grabbing you with that hand.

You can see Vitor getting more and more frustrated after every loss. His highlight video had him looking like a beast and IMO was the most intimidating.I'm convinced that guys that posture the most are usually the weakest mentally. You see the same thing in MMA.The fighters scowling and mean mugging in the corner arent the toughest when the fight isn't going their way. Except the Diaz brothers of course.

I'm convinced that guys that posture the most are usually the weakest mentally. You see the same thing in MMA.The fighters scowling and mean mugging in the corner arent the toughest when the fight isn't going their way. Except the Diaz brothers of course.

More examples than just the Diaz bros, please.

Cool tourney, love the idea of sub only, no time limit as endurance comes into it a lot more and you have to be a lot smarter to avoid burning out.

The excuses were lame though, they knew what they were there for and that they would be competing hard. I think for Luke Costello he was hoping to use the first round as a good warm up and to get the finishes quickly then he would be in a good position to come up against Keenan, if so bad game plan as the long fight took its toll.

Crunchy burrito was pretty hilarious, as was the attempt at robot dancing.

Anybody know if Darragh is sponsored by Tatami? Either that or he just loves there gear.

Roll on episode 2

There comes a point when being too big can get you gassed (think of centers in the NBA), but the jiu-jitsu guys aren't giants... so I don't buy into their reasoning either. Oh, and there are plenty of ridiculously yolked guys in the NFL that sprint and can do extremely tiring tasks way more than the average athlete (I would think), so yeah.

Wow. I bow to Master Lloyd. Despite his annoying marketing, I really think that he loves BJJ and he is doing great things for jiu-jitsu.

The big guys getting tired argument is bullshit.

Big guys do tire faster BUT they are much stronger than smaller guys and just carrying the weight of a weak big guy is enough to overcome a smaller guy with better BJJ.

Big guys have the bigger advantage all day so to act as though their size is somehow a disadvantage is just BS.

Back